the Rift

[OPEN] choirs in my head

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

She had felt happiness, she had felt pride; those moments of glory after they had defeated the False Gods. She had felt her worth surging, for she had protected them and them. And all of them; they had fought so vigorously together, in so much unison and now everyone was moving on, once again. Letting the lines of their short-lived alliances fade. As much as she had trusted on their protection then, as of now it would be just an empty promise.

And perhaps it was because of that that she felt a strange sense of... apathy. After the Labyrinth and the Bloodfalls had been conserved, what Maren was left with was just the burned, quivering skin, the bitter bubbling boils that kept erupting like tasteless vulcanos and a half-filled vial of Good blood because she drank the other half in an attempt filled with desperation to get rid of her pain... — she could not help it that now there was an ache that did not originated from the scorched hurt, but from somewhere inside her; a very silent, almost unnoticeable frustration.

Possibly it was the frustration with herself for having expectations; A victory dance, or whatever would have at least made her feel like they had actually won.
Maybe it just wasn’t over yet.

Nevertheless, she was here. Finding her way through the flaming forest once again. This time it was silent, for this time there was no False Bear God shadowing the red shimmering water with its darkness, fueled by an ill mind — And there were no Rifters, no shattered souls (ill, foul, filthy creatures) here that stained the air with their sick breaths.  

There was, however, one young mare present. They had so far shared their fiery canopy in silence. She looked a bit lifeless for some reason, but she was muttering to herself something she could not decipher.  Then she realized she had seen the girl with the two glass-horns before. With faint interest, Maren walked up to her, interested in what the girl could possibly be brooding about in this literally god-forsaken place. “Goodday,” she welcomed herself in her outlandish tunes. Maren couldn’t help but be slightly amused by this sight. The corners of her lips quivered up-wards, not hiding it. Her gold eyes, however, stayed silent as they always were. “You look like you are thinking too much about something.” But despite putting it as a negative, she sounded rather happy about it.

- pops in -

image credits

@Arya
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
choirs in my head - by Arya - 09-13-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: choirs in my head - by Maren - 09-13-2015, 05:29 AM
RE: choirs in my head - by Arya - 09-22-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: choirs in my head - by Random Event - 09-22-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: choirs in my head - by Maren - 10-10-2015, 06:30 AM