the Rift

[OPEN] choirs in my head

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

She didn’t immediately reply, lay down a silent interval in which Maren put one of her back hooves on rest and let the slight forestry-breeze fall against her cheeks. The leaves that burned fiery red above their heads shuffled quietly in a rhythmic song as the hazy sun far above them adorned them with a golden outline as they stood in their darkening shadows.

The mare (where had she spotted the unicorn before?) turned her cool blue gaze towards her, showing Maren where the contrast lie between warm and cold in this frame: One filled with singing branches and bitter stares. Her blue glare seemed to be travelling over her own tiger striped frame and the diviner let herself be... well, admired for a moment by the trails that left sparkly itching remnants behind as it went. But perhaps that electric air was simply what remained from the clash between Gods that had finalized here —to continue somewhere else.

But then the stranger-mare greeted her, as well, and Maren’s lips pulled up a bit. I appear to have been... accepted. However, next thing the girl admitted to the contrary of what the diviner’s amusement had caused and she turned her gaze towards the red falls in disappointment. Dear Lord, why do I still try to have expectations these days?  For they seemed to be easier left home and alone, for why —Why would she even bother carry that heavy basket along with her if no one ever would attempt to enlighten it. But when she looked back at the girl her brow was furrowed into a thoughtful frown, and she wondered why the girl would lied to her about not thinking before.

What is this place?
“See, you are thinking,” she hummed amused, more meant for her own verdict. Smiling, maren’s gold eyes travelled over the topic of their turned conversation: Looked admiringly at the reflections of flaming leaves in the only slightly disrupted water that also bore a remarkable red color.

I’m not sure if you would believe me, even if I told.

She sighed as she tried to relax her stiff and aching shoulders. “This land isn’t a native Helovian land, which might explain your confusion,” she told. “It was part of another land that exists somewhere else called the Rift. The God of the Spark brought it here through time in order to expand Helovia, from what I’ve heard. “Myself and my brethren are cleansing your lands and liberating you from gods”, was what He told us and those who had come through the time-shred, along with this new land." Her mind grew dark as she reminded herself of those foul creatures; still lurking, still free
Accepted, too. 

"In order to do that He and those currently present had to kill the false God that was still roaming here in his bear-like form.” She sighed at the memory; one that still rebelled against the logic in her brain. “Amongst them I, too.” But —as her coat shimmered in the slime of the aftertaste filled with battle wounds, burns and sickness— was she proud?

"If I am correct they call this place the Blood Falls now."

- sorry for latenesss -

image credits

@Arya
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
choirs in my head - by Arya - 09-13-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: choirs in my head - by Maren - 09-13-2015, 05:29 AM
RE: choirs in my head - by Arya - 09-22-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: choirs in my head - by Random Event - 09-22-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: choirs in my head - by Maren - 10-10-2015, 06:30 AM