the Rift

[OPEN] You laugh without seeing

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

"Hmm,” was she referring to concepts turning into Gods? “Who knows,” she mused. “Everything can be described as a concept, as long as one doesn’t see something as completely polished and finished. I personally don’t think the world will ever be finished in a way that it can be cured of all its flaws, therefore, in my eyes, the world is also a concept.” It was a childish thought, maybe even arrogant to think like this. “—As it is also vague and hard to understand, but still we try, we try and we try —to understand.” Maren’s lips mused on, just absorbing her line of thought and letting it rain down as it would have in one of her thoughtful daydreams. “Most tend to fail at it, to be honest,” she noted in a slight judgmental, but yet hopeful tune. “Maybe I fail at it, too.”

Her eyes wandered into the far, managed to get a hold on the black butt of Shadow; framed by the young, curling leaves of birdsong. It was majestic in a way indescribable. Maren purred on in her head for a few seconds before turning her attention back on the filly. Ërthe’s gaze was currently turned on the little charm she had been carrying with her.

“The source of our difference lies within the needs of our realm. You see, the world is alive by nature’s law. Which means our thoughts and being are actually dependent of the way we receive actions from the events happening around us, which are also following these laws. We live because nature is; while nature is because the Gods keep it in balance — And there is the difference, the answer of your question: We, you and me  —and all the other people in this realm, live within the scales of balance and we unconsciously decide if that balance is upheld by being either sick or healthy, if we live or die. The Gods are not in this scale because they are the ones to look over us and, ultimately, they decide what the best way is to keep harmony."

Maren’s eyes went off to some alternative place in her mind to think as her mouth ran dry of words. A ladybug buzzed by in the same kind of silence and dropped itself on her nose to walk around for a little bit. As she registrated the tickling the diviner sniffed and shoo’d the bug away. The equilibrium of the world was a hard to understand concept, one that Maren could not explain any better than this. Still, she was concerned on how the girl would interpret it. A nervous laugh escaped her as her golden eyes turned on Ërthe who still sat before her. Maren shrugged in an apologetic way, again becoming aware of the fact that she was striping the girl of her youthful thoughts on how the world maybe turned —or not (because did the world really turn? (derphorses)).

“Of course you should not look at your live as if you are only part of a system, but taking apart what is actually happening around you helps you see the world from another point of view. In the end it may perhaps help you understand the Gods.”

She sighed. “So now it’s my turn to ask a question,” she began as she pulled up her eyebrows and moved her nose and face closer to the little black thing that had had the girls attention before. “What’s that?”

I’M SO SAD THIS IS HER LAST THREAD WITH SHADOW—CRIES

image credits

@Ërthe
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 09-13-2015, 09:18 AM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Erthë - 09-13-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 09-13-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Erthë - 09-16-2015, 04:16 AM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 10-07-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Erthë - 10-08-2015, 04:54 PM
RE: You laugh without seeing - by Maren - 10-24-2015, 08:38 AM