the Rift

[OPEN] Notes in Blood

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

For the most part, Ghost still lingered in the shadows, except, it wasn’t for their simple company and instead she enjoyed the relief from the heat. The banshee’s biggest reservation about joining the Throat was exactly that; the heat. She longed to find a job, something, that would take her away for a few days if only to have a little respite. Yet, she knew, the more time she spent melting in the desert the more accustomed she would get and the less it would feel like being thrown into a furnace. Of course, she was exaggerating for the most part, it wasn’t that bad, but the grumbling and the moaning made her feel better somehow. Fantöme was also dishing out the looks, the grey wolf that much preferred the cold mountains and looked very much like a fish out of water. Ghost did worry about him from time to time, though he appeared to be coping for now and she knew the wolf was not one to simply give up. Even if his bonded friend sent him to the opposite end of the world from where he should be.

Today she stood under a rather impressive looking tree that stood in an oasis whilst Fantöme stretched out in the grass, taking a moment to rest before he ventured out once again. He did that a lot, venturing out and exploring everything that was new to him, the scents and the prey. Ghost had been doing something similar, though she flew to the canyons more often than not, surveying her new home from a greater height. It was a nuisance to keep in the skies however; the ever so handy pocket watch that could encase her in armour at will was also a demandingly heavy watch at that. She was building up muscles in areas that weren’t meant to have that much muscle and it put her in a surly mood whenever she thought about it. Ghost quite liked her slender body.

The sound of panting reached her sleek, black ears and the sprite cast her gaze down to her furry friend on the floor. It was past noon by now and increasingly becoming evening, it was hotter earlier, but the thick fur on the mutt’s body was keeping him warm for no reason. With a sigh, Ghost sent a trickle of her ice magic out and onto the floor under him in effort to cool him down. The wolf gave a content muff and rolled his long tongue out to lick the surface. God help him once Tallsun rolled around. It wasn't even that warm. 

"What to do, what to do" Ghost hummed to herself, casting her gaze around to see if anyone else lingered nearby. She rather hoped someone did, the days of keeping her own company had become tedious and the Cadaverous found that she missed a good conversation.

@Einarr and anyone else who wants to have a go at a GLL cure!
the heat isn't that bad, but I'm currently melting in my apartment writing this so it may have leaked into my writing xDDD
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

Ever since the herd meeting, having spoken to others that carried a strange illness with them, I found myself falling victim to the same disease. Pongo was growing increasingly worried about me, particularly when my eyes began to run with a strange tar-like substance that matted my usually sleek coat and stained my beautiful silver crown. There was no use to try and clean my crown yet, not while the same substance constantly leaked from my eyes, nose and mouth with a bitter taste. Oh, the taste. It was absolutely horrendous, I imagined my breath didn't smell very good either with the rotting, decay-like taste. My muscles ached, mostly around my barrel thanks to a hearty cough that forced me to hack up mouthfuls of the tar every now and then. I wouldn't wish this disease on anyone, but that was not the strangest of symptoms yet. The strangest of symptoms was the infrared-vision of a snake, able to read the temperatures that radiated from everything around me. It wasn't a painful side effect, but it was very, very odd and it scared me when it first happened.

As I followed Pongo to the Oasis, desperately hoping to wash out my mouth enough to get a somewhat clean drink, I could see two other figures under the tree. While their extremeties were green, there cores were a warm red surrounded by a sea of orange and yellow. Judging by the location, I assumed the darkest of the red color in their chests were where their hearts beat. I couldn't recognize the figure from the infrared vision alone, unable to distinguish any coat colors or tell-tale markings. But from her build, with a long horn and feathered wings, along with a canine companion, I realized that I wouldn't have recognized her anyway. "Oh, uh...Hello there...I don't mean to-" Speaking set off another round of rough, throaty coughs that made me turn around and spit out the black slime behind a bush. Oh, that's a wonderful first impression.

"Please forgive me, I don't mean to be rude or intrude..." My auds flicked back with embarrassment as I looked to the hybrid mare for a moment. Movement caught my attention out of the corner of my eye, and I realized that my antelope companion had stepped forward to look cautiously at the wolf that lay on...Was that, a cold spot? Strange, the land beneath the wolf was a dark blue and purplish color.

@Ghost and @Random Event - Morri is here for healing! Bonus, I've always wanted to thread with Ghost xD
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.