the Rift

[OPEN] Homecoming

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

You cannot deny the surge of warmth that her words bring, melting all the doubt that had turned your heart so cold against her. “Oh, Ki,” It is gentle, followed by the pianissimo sound of your laugh, your lips reaching to kiss her forehead just beneath her dark horn. “There’s nothing to forgive.” You sober as you pull away from her, though the re-kindled warmth of your eyes does not fade. You understand the need to know, the pull that family has over ones heart. “I would have done the same as you.” You shift away from her, breathing deeply as the silence sinks around the both of you to the point that your ears ring. You have spent so long missing her, looking for her, thinking of what you might say or do if she ever returned to you that you do not know what to do now. You want to tell her of all the things that have happened, though the little valley had been quiet, all of the things that you have experienced in her absence of your first love and the subsequent heartbreak, of the hole in the earth and in your heart that your child had left. “What matters is that you are here now. I am sorry you couldn’t find your brothers, though.”

You do not know what it would have done to you to never know what had happened to Nivos. It is one thing to deal with the finality of death, the pain that it brings, and another to wrestle with uncertainty. Looking to her then you do your best to smile, shoving away your selfish hurts in an effort to protect her from yourself, from dragging her down in to the pit of sorrow and self-loathing that you have dug.  Her next words make you smile, bring another laugh from you. “Of course, Ki, it’s been too quiet without you. You’re always welcome here, fuck whoever says otherwise.” You wink, rolling your shoulders as you try your best to relax, to forget, to indulge in the happiness that she has brought with her that you have been waiting for for what seems like way too long. “Besides, if I remember correctly, you still owe me a visit to the hot springs.” Your smile deepens, something mischievous flickering in your eyes before your teeth reach out for the flesh of her shoulder in a quick but playful movement, your body pirouetting easily before springing away from her.

@Ki'irha

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
Homecoming - by Ki'irha - 09-13-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Homecoming - by Enna - 09-13-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Homecoming - by Ki'irha - 09-14-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: Homecoming - by Enna - 09-27-2015, 10:53 PM