the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion)

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Isopia!

AND HE DOESN'T LOOK A THING LIKE JESUS

The wolf is frozen solid by the dragon's fierce breath, and Volterra's earth spike shatters it into a thousand pieces. Satisfaction burns through him, and a throaty bellow of success blasts from his jowls. There is a sudden wet sensation across his flanks, and his ears flatten in anticipation of pain - it must be God-blood raining down on him, acid to singe flesh from muscle. But it isn't. It's just water, and the beast looks around for its source. He doesn't have to look far, and his heart soars up inside his meaty chest. If she's helping him, that has to be a good sign. He had worried that she is still off with him, after how they'd left things from the hot tub creation and him attacking the bear in the previous battle.

You look ho-warm. Ho-warm? "Much appreciated," he rumbles, a sparkle in his eye as he looks over at her. He chooses to think she was about to say hot, but changed her mind for fear his ego - amongst other things - would swell right there and then, and distract him from the battle at hand. His dragon, bursting with exhilaration from his kill, swoops around and coos a greeting to the giant earth-filly, circling around her once before coming into land on Volterra's moist hindquarters. Then, sensing his bonded's thoughts, he takes flight again, landing near to the colt's earth spike. Smacking bits of dead wolf away with his limbs, Vérzés uses his powerful tail to knock the tip off the earth spike, which he freezes solid with his breath. The result is a small, pointy piece of rock covered in ice, like an equine ice-lolly. It is cool to the touch, and Vérzés places it delicately in front of Isopia. "For you, in case you're a little ho-warm too," adds the mammoth colt with a small grin.

All around him, wolves die; the battle is over, and they have won again. He has slayed a God, again. His powerful neck arches proudly, a stallion's grunt leaving his flared nostrils as sweat beads across every sharp plane of his body. This is getting to be a habit. Amongst the chaos, the Moon Goddess speaks, and suddenly a piece of the wolf lands in front of the yearling. Aha. Vérzés snatches it up in his paws and tangles it into the monolith's tangled mane, a valuable trophy of a successful battle. Perhaps he can fashion a knife out of it, to go with his stone one...

Although this God doesn't address him directly, her little present is a sure sign that his help has been appreciated this time. Admittedly other, lesser creatures get better gifts, like armour and swords, but perhaps she sees that he does not need her gifts to improve his already colossal natural assets. Satisfaction floods him and he stomps one massive hoof, pleased with the day's events. The Goddess condemns the ones who attacked her, before healing the ones who helped - Volterra's battle aches ease just like that, and he feels so invigorated he could go again. Instead he looks to Isopia, inviting her to leave the battlefield with him with a silent flick of his ears.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Nuray - 09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Jaeger - 09-16-2015, 06:51 PM