the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion)

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
You almost miss the flash of blue as she appears in front of you, suddenly taking up arms once more in your defense. The disfigured shadow-creature bursts as Ahvelyn kicks it and Rohan impales it. Your gaze immediately catches the woman’s face, an uncertain smile given to her in thanks. You do not understand why she strove to protect you when she had done nothing but seemingly ignore your existence from the moment that you had brought her to the Basin. She certainly had done the same to Rohan as well, and at this thought your smile grows, the frail thing snatched just as quickly. You do not see the final moments of the battle, too wrapped up in the tiny part that played out before you. This god does not let out a death bellow, does not threaten the way that the one before it had, nor does it spew acidic blood on everyone, one last stab at retribution.

It simply dies, falling into a heap that the strange goddess harvests for even stranger items, the only thing the two felled gods have in common. You sigh quietly to yourself, regret for the creature’s death filling the spaces in your heart. You do not understand why it must be this way, all the violence to procure more. Your eyes sweep upwards to catch the last of the goddess before she disappears, as mysterious and vague as you could expect a god to be. You would not be finding answers with them, and so you do not even waste your breath. Finding your way to the familiar place alongside your sandstone man’s shoulder, you press your slight yet swollen body against him for reassurance, ghosting your lips along the outline of his cheek. There are a million things you could say to him then, about how utterly foolish he had been, but your head is swimming, your heart fluttering as they always have around him. By now you would think that you would be used to it, but it has only gotten stronger, harder to ignore.

Instead of shying from it, however, you embrace it, encouraging it further as you lean your head into his neck, subtly nuzzling the latch of his throat. To anyone else it may have been far too tender a gesture to be used with just a friend, and maybe it is, but you inwardly shrug, swallowing against the loudness of your heart, beating so erratically now for far different reasons than fear. His voice cuts through the relative warmth of the moment, pulling your eyes towards the sound in a quick and fluid motion, the darkness of his skin marred by white and the glass of his horns commanding distant recognition. But it is not him that you focus on; instead it is the heap at his feet, the sick shade of red staining the grass, the blue of her skin. You separate from him then without hesitation, your heart suddenly heavy within your chest. You fear the worst as you approach, fear that she is already gone, that the man is just hoping beyond hope that somehow you can save her from something even gods cannot undo.

But she is breathing, and you sigh a sigh of relief, tossing a meek smile to the blood-skinned man in hopes of reassuring him, despite all the terror, the utter lack of assurity that you feel. You do not know what happened, did not see, and you do not ask, do not waste precious moments determining the cause when you have a possible solution. Your muzzle presses gently against her side, your magic coming to life now almost as easily and naturally as breathing. Eyelashes brush across your cheeks as you close your eyes, losing yourself among the threads of time, pouring your soul into the energy that seeps through her skin, working desperately to undo the damage, to save her.

* attempted to heal aviya. @time, left it open for you to determine how much enna's healing affects/doesn't affect her :D

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Enna - 09-15-2015, 06:22 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Nuray - 09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Jaeger - 09-16-2015, 06:51 PM