the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion)

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
They ripped and tore at his flesh- he was a speed bump (albeit a large one)- on their way to attack others. However, two wolves find the elephant easy prey and stay to play with the fallen stallion.

One grabbed his thick crest, tugging back in delight as his great head provided but little resistance. He had no leverage from his collapsed position. Another wolf’s teeth find his hind leg, tugging it out from beneath him- making it impossible for him to rise.

A frustrated roar erupts, but is cut short as he is enveloped in heat. The pleasant warmth turns into a scalding, blistering heat- the roar of the fire and Mauja’s yells filling his ears. He thrashes in the flames, adrenaline allowing him to momentarily rise partially to his feet as the wolves are incinerated around him.

But as the blazing birds disappear, the wide and weakened stance of the elephant buckles once more. The raw flesh of his knees sinking into the bloody, acidic mud. A quiet groan escapes him, as the fire charred flesh on the left side of his neck oozes dark red. A small chunk of flesh is missing from his withers- a trophy for a now dead wolf. The acid burnt skin on his back and haunches seeps a clear, slightly pink fluid. His eyes are closed as he rests his pale, broad muzzle on the earth, sinking up to his nostrils in the muckage, attempting to block out the pain and shouts and stench of burnt flesh.

The goddess speaks, but he does not listen. A small vial, the same as last battle, thumps against his scorched neck. He winces. Then eyes open as they sweep up to Mauja, his friend standing up beside him, quietly (worriedly?) speaking his name. Tembovu blinked once, mind trying to sort through the chaos. Mau was gone, beside another fallen soldier.

Then a warm breeze. It was a godsend (literally). It rippled against his thick hide. Gods, it felt good, it was relief.

His burnt nerve endings did not believe it. They couldn’t keep up from the quick shift from agony to comfort. He blinked slowly once more, Nuray was next to him now. Her naked legs against his barrel- which didn’t hurt?

A deep breath as her quiet, sweet voice spoke comforting words. He leaned his barrel against her legs for a few moments longer, taking into account the fact that he was healed. Only the sluggishly bleeding bite at his withers remained. Slowly, he raised to his towering height.

Gratitude towards the goddess flashed through him, as she had taken care those loyal to her. Looking down to Nuray, a lopsided grin crossed his face. “Got off easy, then?” He asked lightly as he looked her over, glad to see her naked skin free of wounds. “You’ll need some protection for that pretty skin of yours, if you keep charging into battle.”

Pretty skin… Rexanna?! His head flew up, searching for her in post battle chaos. With a glance towards the grouping around a falling, dying mare he is torn. But there seems to be someone healing her, and he can do nothing to help. A glance towards Mau- should he go comfort him? No, the stallion had past here that predated the elephant, he would only get in the way. He needed to find Rex.

His large muzzle touched Nuray’s shoulder, “I’m immensely glad you are okay, Nuray,” he breathed warmth on her skin, “But I must go find someone.” And he walked to find his golden princess.

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, my darling, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

ooc| He's mostly healed and he's off to find Rex (of course. lovesick [big] puppy) XD
Mentions: Nuray Mauja

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Nuray - 09-15-2015, 07:07 AM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Tembovu - 09-15-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: SWP :: What's mine is mine (Conclusion) - by Jaeger - 09-16-2015, 06:51 PM