the Rift

[OPEN] days that didn't happen [VOL!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

"Love is dangerous." She agrees almost immediately, her ears beginning to flatten against her skull as her mind immediately begins to mentally showcase all the instances in her life when love had done nothing but hinder progress. She thinks of the Moon Goddess, and her half-brother dying in some would-be heroic fashion. She thinks of poor decision making, of feigned obligations and trivial pursuits. But in the back of her mind, she is reminded of warmth, and a tenacious and almost magnetic pulling. For her, she has only experienced this with Volterra, and regardless of how dangerous and tedious her mind makes the emotion out to be, her body flatly disagrees. And if her recent ventures sparring have taught her anything, it is that her body often does not listen to the wisdom of her mind.

This is dangerous. This is not what you were born to do. (Ahh, but it feels so good. Why stop .. why not ... just ...) And so the silent argument in her soul continued.

"Leading does not seem so hard." The girl observed. If her mother could do it, it couldn't be that difficult. Although, given how often her mother let her feelings get in the way (See what love does! Do away with it now! [but isn't he so handsome?]), perhaps it was harder than she thought, and her mother was just a poor representative sample. Then again, she wasn't entirely sure what Archibald and Kaj did as rulers. She had seen them call herd meetings, dole out duties, and respond when their (friends? acquaintances?) stopped by. Other than that, from what Iso could see, the herd ran just fine on its own.

As Volterra mentioned that he wouldn't bend, stoop, or kiss the hooves of one he didn't respect, Iso frowned with confusion. Is that what he thought herds expected. And then with even more confusion - is that what they expected? The girl begrudgingly showed up at herd meetings, but rarely did she do any of the activities assigned to her. She found them pointless; busy work. Besides, with the creation of her hut and and subsequent hot-tub, she had more than enough work to worry about. "I wouldn't expect you to, nor should you have to. I am not sure why herds have become so ... political. There seems to be some scoreboard that they are all trying to get on, but I don't know why. In the Falls, we are given tasks to complete, though rarely have I ever bothered. And yes - " Her quad-horned skull nodded in response, causing thick black goo to snake its way down her muzzle, streaking through her pale death-mask markings. "I have thought of leaving often. But who would carry the words of my Father to the herd? In the past, it seems the holders of my position have not taken it seriously. They have jumbled and judged his meanings, and now the Hidden Falls has seemingly become the runt-herd. But it needn't be that way. Besides, my hut is there.." That hut (and maybe Volterra) were likely the only things tying her to much of anything. Isopia formed no attachments, held no grudges, and other than a friendship with Zero (who had apparently disappeared), the girl cherished nothing. 

"What will you do when you rule?"

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-13-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-13-2015, 05:18 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Isopia - 09-15-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: days that didn't happen [VOL!] - by Volterra - 09-16-2015, 05:00 PM