the Rift

[REDACTED]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
The following document was recovered from a computer found in the disaster that has now come to be known as [REDACTED]. The electrical fire's origins were traced to room 2H, on the 17th floor of the hospital, the same place where the document was found. This appears to be the last written document before the fire start.

There were no survivors.

REGARDING THE MEDICAL TREATMENT OF:
SIR [GARBLED] OF [GARBLED]
NEW PATIENT; PREVIOUS PATIENT OF THE LATE DR. URSID

[GARBLED] ARRIVED AT THE HOSPITAL ON THE EVENING OF [REDACTED] COMPLAINING OF GENERALIZED PAIN. CURSORY EXAMINATION REVEALED THE PAIN TO BE LOCATED EXCLUSIVELY IN THE: RADIAL [GARBLED] BRACHIA[GARBLED] EXTENSOR [GARBLED] AND THE SOLEUS. X-RAYS REVEALED MULTIPLE SHADOWS OBSCURING THE AREA.

DOCTOR? DOCTOR! DOCTOR THE MACHINES! DOCTOR THE X-RAY MACHINES ARE [GARBLED]! THEY'RE MALFUNCTIONING! DOCTOR THERE'S A FIRE! DOCTOR! DOCTOR HURRY!

DOCTOR!

____

AB: 3
DT: 4
WE: 2

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
Volterra protects himself.

'Room 2H, on the 17th floor' - is 17'2hh

'Pain in brachia extensor' - currently has Green Labyrinth Lung, which affects the brachia

'Multiple shadows' - black in colour

'Doctor there's a fire' - has red eyes

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Jen
The shadows are laughing. Volterra is safe.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia blocks Mauja

-- 17.2 hh
-- No suvivors - Mau "killed" Torasin
-- New patient - new leader of the edge
-- Previous patient - participated in bear rift god attack / also bffs(lovers) with d'Art
-- Multiple shadows - Dem spots do
-- Has fire magic!

Basicallly "d'Art! d'ART! DOCTOR d'ARTAGNAN! HURRY! I NEED YOUR LOVE!"

Over and out.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Jen
As if darkness would make that mistake again. Mauja is unwanted.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
Ulrik blocks himself

The electrical fire's ---> spark magic
17th floor --> he's 17.1 hh
There were no survivors ---> Killed Rowan
Previous patient --> once lived in the Basin, now is an outcast
Shadows in the arm/shoulder region (brachial/radial) ---> bronze marking up his arm
x-ray machines --> machine magic

(Please tag me in every post)

Jen
How droll. You hear a dog-like cackle to signify your safety.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera blocks Cathun

“electrical fire” - passive fire magic
“origins were traced to room 2h” - two years old
“17th floor” - 17.1 hands high
“SIR” - is male
“NEW PATIENT; PREVIOUS PATIENT OF THE LATE DR. URSID” - Injured at the Wolf God fight, was at the Bear God fight
"EXCLUSIVELY IN THE: RADIAL [GARBLED] BRACHIA[GARBLED] EXTENSOR [GARBLED] AND THE SOLEUS” - “(arm/leg bones/muscles) equine reference
"MULTIPLE SHADOWS OBSCURING THE AREA” - color/passive magic reference: dark coat encasing fire
"MACHINES ARE [GARBLED]! THEY'RE MALFUNCTIONING!" - will die if his necklace fails
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Jen
The spitfire is safe.

Ragnarok Posts: 5
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hands :: 2 (Frostfall) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Black smoke pours from the young stallion's muzzle, "No."

The electrical fire's origins were traced to room 2H, on the 17th floor of the hospital, the same place where the document was found.
Two years old and 17 hands
Male from the rift(?)
Just came to Helovia and he came with the bear (Ursid)
[GARBLED] AND THE SOLEUS. X-RAYS REVEALED MULTIPLE SHADOWS OBSCURING THE AREA.
Has smoke magic?

Jen
This wears on a shadow's patience. He doesn't want you.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil protects D'Art

The following document was recovered from a computer found in the disaster that has now come to be known as [REDACTED]. The electrical fire's origins were traced to room 2H, on the 17th floor of the hospital,
Appearance Ref:: Stands 17hh
the same place where the document was found. This appears to be the last written document before the fire start.

There were no survivors.
Family Ref:: No family prior to coming

Gender Ref:: Stallion

[GARBLED] ARRIVED AT THE HOSPITAL ON THE EVENING OF [REDACTED] COMPLAINING OF GENERALIZED PAIN. CURSORY EXAMINATION REVEALED THE PAIN TO BE LOCATED EXCLUSIVELY IN THE: RADIAL [GARBLED] BRACHIA[GARBLED] EXTENSOR [GARBLED] AND THE SOLEUS. X-RAYS REVEALED MULTIPLE SHADOWS OBSCURING THE AREA.
Appearance Ref:: Bay, so has shadows or dark marks on legs (these areas)

DOCTOR? DOCTOR! DOCTOR THE MACHINES! DOCTOR THE X-RAY MACHINES ARE [GARBLED]! THEY'RE MALFUNCTIONING! DOCTOR THERE'S A FIRE! DOCTOR! DOCTOR HURRY!

DOCTOR!

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Jen
You hear a snarl. Even when you're wrong, you frustrate the night. D'Artagnan is safe in his cave.

Jen
ARTORIAS was sought.

The following document was recovered from a computer found in the disaster that has now come to be known as [REDACTED]. The electrical fire's origins were traced to room 2H, on the 17th floor of the hospital, the same place where the document was found. This appears to be the last written document before the fire start.

---Electrical fire is meant to be in reference to the God of the Spark being present at the bear god fight. In general this is meant to refer to that thread.
---Artorias is 17.2 HH, hence location of the fire.

There were no survivors.
---Fluff; in vague reference to his empty lineage section (no children, IE no one to survive him) and insistence that everyone would die in the bear god fight, but not really. Alternately, this on his profile: "loosing every scrap of sanity and 'humanity' within him, and all are in danger of him when it happens." But mostly fluff.

---Artorias is called a Knight on his profile, hence the "sir". You could consider garbled to also be the rift since nobody really knows what he rift is rn.
---Gender Ref

---New to Helovia.
---Previously from the land of the Rift God. URSID is a variant of the Latin name for Bear.

---Build is described as "All legs", all the above body parts are language taken from horse leg muscles
---Dark mist seeps from his legs

---Metal in an X-Ray Machine would cause it to malfunction, so item reference.
---Artorias is described as a "broken man", just as the machines (also an inorganic substance like his armor that is part of him) are malfunctioning here.
---Malfunctioning can also be in reference to his general fits of insanity, his malfunctioning mind.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
PASS

ARTORIAS was sought.

---Electrical fire is meant to be in reference to the God of the Spark being present at the bear god fight. In general this is meant to refer to that thread.
-1| [God ref] clue does not refer to the character. Part of the same line so all counts as one clue, but electrical fire especially with the way the line is used, really seems to apply to a character so this was misleading to me as Artorius doesn't have electric or fire magic.
+1| [Height ref] Yep!

There were no survivors.
---Fluff; in vague reference to his empty lineage section (no children, IE no one to survive him) and insistence that everyone would die in the bear god fight, but not really. Alternately, this on his profile: "loosing every scrap of sanity and 'humanity' within him, and all are in danger of him when it happens." But mostly fluff.
+1| [Lineage ref] Good

---Artorias is called a Knight on his profile, hence the "sir". You could consider garbled to also be the rift since nobody really knows what he rift is rn.
---Gender Ref
+1| [Gender ref] easy gender ref. Knight part could work too, but same line so only one score.

---New to Helovia.
---Previously from the land of the Rift God. URSID is a variant of the Latin name for Bear.
+1| [History ref] Got the ursid clue, clever!

---Build is described as "All legs", all the above body parts are language taken from horse leg muscles
+1| [Magic ref] Yup

---Artorias is described as a "broken man", just as the machines (also an inorganic substance like his armor that is part of him) are malfunctioning here.
---Malfunctioning can also be in reference to his general fits of insanity, his malfunctioning mind.
0| [Item/Personality ref] This one just didn't lead me in the directions you're saying the clues mean, not to mention the mention of fire again made me think of a character with fire magic.

4/3 necessary to pass
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme

+1 | I guess this, so approved! 

There were no survivors. 
---Fluff; in vague reference to his empty lineage section (no children, IE no one to survive him) and insistence that everyone would die in the bear god fight, but not really. Alternately, this on his profile: "loosing every scrap of sanity and 'humanity' within him, and all are in danger of him when it happens." But mostly fluff.

0 | Fluff, and I wouldn't have guess this anyway. 

---Gender Ref

+1 | gender ref, but I wouldn't consider 'sir' being on a profile a good clue on its own! Too many 'sirs' in the world

---New to Helovia.

+1 | I guessed this! 

0 | brachial and radial are actually in the arm/so upper arm/shoulder area - also, the pain part confused me here! 

-1 | This seemed to be pointing to something else entirely, to me. Metal actually doesn't cause an x-ray machine to malfunction! Metal will just glow white, but you can still see underlying anatomical structure. You were probably thinking of an MRI. Metal can break an MRI. So, that did not describe metal to me at all. 

Also, there is the fire part, which I found a little misleading because it made me think of fire magic or something sun god related. Since the 'machines' were malfunctioning, I can't really give a +1 for his mind. 

2/3 is a fail from me :(
but so close

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
ARTORIAS was sought.

-1 | The clue needs to be in reference to the character being sought. This is misleading given that he has no magic.
+1 | Definitely got the height.

There were no survivors.

0 | Vague.

---Gender Ref

+1 | Okay as a gender ref - Looking at his profile, I feel like there isn't enough emphasis on him being a knight for this clue to be more than that. The way that one sentence is written, it could have been "A broken man, a car without its engine" - it just looks like he's missing something crucial to himself, not that he is in fact a knight.

---New to Helovia.

+1 | Yep. Definitely got this.

-1 | I googled these, and like Tamme pointed out, they are not all leg muscles. Further, the pain reference really makes this one misleading.

+1 | Yep.

-1 | What Tamme said about x-rays. But also, there's nothing to tie an x-ray with his mind, and so no reason to connect 'malfunctioning' with his mental state.
-1 | The repetition of 'doctor' and 'fire' really makes it seem important, but he's neither a doctor nor has fire related anything.

1/3 from me - FAIL.