the Rift

[PRIVATE] why even try?

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The fighting with Knox absolved, and the broken colt slank away like a coward. White, hot anger still fumed within Archibald's head and he let loose a roar. It was something so fierce and primal it shook the earth around him. Armor collapsed into his breast collar and Loretta ran towards him. Archibald! She yipped across the bond, eyes flashing an image of the golden and black filly he knew as a neice. Snorting and stomping his foot, Archibald let the anger fall from his back. Sighing, the stallion dipped his head and shook his body out. Despite Respledence's healing, he was exhausted. Turning, golden eyes swept over the battlefield. The Goddess was gone, but the words washed over him. He could go to the veins, visit her shrine, and get answers. The Dauntless suspected they might not be the answers he wanted--the truthful answers--but he tucked the information away. He saw Ranjiri then, and trotted off after her. Ktulu was nowhere to be found, and so Archibald took the parenting onto himself.

"Ranjiri!" The massive stallion bellowed, closing the distance between he and she. The Dauntless slowed to match her steps, and he could feel the radiating heat of anger coming off of her body in waves. "Ranjiri--I know you're hurt--we're all hurt--Ranjiri--WAIT!" Archibald finally commanded, stopping his own hooves. He stood planted behind the stalking mare. He waited for her to turn on him, become a hurricane of rage--much like her mother would do--and he even remembered the remnants of her mother's magic lacing through his esophagus. Blinking, the Dauntless stood silent and vigilant, the beginnings of black ooze starting to drop from his nose.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS               

Call out to nobody, call out to me
Chip on the shoulder, the dime in the teeth

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM