the Rift

[PRIVATE] why even try?

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

As Archibald stood there, waiting for the filly to respond to him, black tar-like ooze dribbled from his nose and mouth. Small black tears fell slowly and silently from his golden eyes. Archibald had no idea what was happening to him, but he suspected the Moon Goddess was behind it. She was not above torturing mortals, as all of Helovia knew, especially those that defied her. A slow sputter started in his lungs, then he coughed. The massive stallion spit and coughed thick, dark tar onto the ground beneath his incredible, feathered hooves.

Ranjiri spoke and Archibald perked his ears to listen. What!? she demanded, eyes not even cast his way. The Dauntless' jaw hardened and he took a single step towards the black and gold girl. Finally, the filly turned to face him, but she slashed at him with cold words and broken anger. Even with the Labyrinth ooze dripping from facial orifices, Archibald's face was as stoic and hard as always. "Talk to me, Ranjiri." He demanded, voice softer than before. He wanted to talk with her, to help her understand his position and his actions as much as he wanted to understand her's. How she could forgive the Moon's transgressions he could not comprehend--the lilac deity had slaughtered her brother in cold blood--but he wanted to understand. This girl before him, still but a babe in his eyes, held a wisdom and strength he obviously could not grasp in his brokenheartedness.

Behind him, Loretta stood guard. Her tail was a rigid board behind her body, ears flattened against her head. No matter who they were, no one had the audacity to talk to her Dauntless in such a manner and walk away without a limp. The bitch started to snarl, but Archibald silenced her harshly through their bond. Enough. Be gone. He commanded, and she--although pissed--obediently retreated toward home.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS               

Call out to nobody, call out to me
Chip on the shoulder, the dime in the teeth

image credits

@Ranjiri

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM