[PRIVATE] why even try?

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

"Talk to me, Ranjiri."

I simply stared at him because hadn't I just said that I didn't want to talk to him? "Why?" I asked after what felt like a lifetime of silence had ticked past. Why would I want to talk to you? was what I really wanted to ask, but I couldn't force the words out. Why did you come after me and not my mom? I continued to stare until I saw movement by Archibald and my gaze fell to his companion, who looked angry. Why? Because of the way I was talking to Archibald? I couldn't even make myself care. Let her attack me if it would make her feel better.

"What do you want me to talk to you about?" I asked. "About the fight?" And as I said it it dawned on me that he had probably only come after me because I hadn't fought against the Goddess like him and my mom and my aunt and Cera had. I had defended her and tried to get them to stop attacking her and attack the wolf instead. I didn't want to believe that was the only reason Archibald had tracked me down, but I trusted my gut instinct.

"Do you want me to tell you why I chose not to fight the Goddess?" My gaze was hard and as I asked that question I lifted my head in the stubborn manner that I had learned from watching my mother. "Or do you want to know why I'm angry with you and my mother and my aunt and Cera, because I think that much is obvious..." I cut myself off because I needed to before I said something that I would end up regretting in a few days. "Why did you attack her? Did you think you could win? Hototo was part god and she still killed him..." Do you want to die?

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 09-17-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 09-17-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 10-05-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: why even try? - by Archibald - 10-10-2015, 08:11 PM
RE: why even try? - by Ranjiri - 10-10-2015, 10:28 PM