the Rift

Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

There were times when anger and yelling had a place. In fact it could be argued they were some of Ampere's better qualities, when wielded appropriately.

Unfortunately anger in and of itself had a way of misjudging that appropriateness, rearing up when something better would have suited. Those were the times when anger and yelling were not good.
That was what led Ampere to now.

Well, maybe not directly to now, because the black and blue mare with feathers on her mane and across her rump was standing rather calmly amid the crowd that she had come to know as family. She stood tall and proud, as her rank and her time had earned her the right to, and she stood attentive and focused as her Sultana, once a warrior below her, spoke thoughtfully and informatively. Ampere nodded to many of the things the Sunspear had to say, and when addressed specifically, her ears perked further and again her nose tilted in agreement. "We will double our efforts and secure the herd," Ampere responded confidently, because despite the thrashing she had given her warriors the other day, they had a strong and reliable army that if nothing else, would protect the sands when need be. She recalled, rather unpleasantly, the escape attempt Confutatis made and how many of her rank were there to apprehend her. Still, working even harder to expand their patrols would be no easy task, because it required horsepower and focus - in the same time when threats beyond the border also needed to be located and neutralized.

Ampere would have gone on mulling over who to assign to what role, perhaps staying back herself to watch over the herd despite the anxious itch to advance on the likely threats by catching them before they ever saw a golden drop of the Throat, but she wasn't granted that opportunity. Instead Einarr's voice cut through the crowd, her name the blade that drove his voice into her ears (or perhaps better said her back) and into her heart.

She must have visibly stiffened, but otherwise Ampere did not move, not at first. Never afraid to wear her emotions plainly, it was not tact or wisdom or fear that kept Ampere rooted and quiet for so long. She supposed if she thought about it hard enough, it was shock that turned the lightning mare to stone.
Shock that her dragon brother would accuse her and call for her head without even bothering to speak to her first - was this some method of cowardly revenge, a way to get back at her after she confronted him about his own faults before the warriors; would he really be so dense as to take that personally and not an attempt to improve the ranks?
Shock that her sand sister (because however new and worthless the mare was, she was still fucking family to Ampere, and sometimes family fought, especially when they'd never met before) complained to another member of the herd without speaking with her, without knowing her, without respecting her or listening to her; Ampere would fight and die for that bitch, but she couldn't even be bothered to patch things up with Ampere (something Ampere hadn't even realized was broken because that event was already water under the bridge to her).
Shock that her warrior would be wasting his energy on such trivial matters as this when the Sultana had literally just finished detailing the massive fucking problems the realm and their herd were facing, solutions to which required the full focus and effort of his god damn rank - and here he'd accused her of tactical weakness? Here she thought she might promote him for all his past deeds and loyalty? HAH.

The moments ticked by; a few breaths, a thousand sunsets, she couldn't be sure which. Somewhere amid the stream of time, Ampere came to. Her body trembled faintly, as if pulling off the shawl of stunned silence left her weak, but in truth it was the containment of the raw hurt that spun beneath every hair her hide bore. Ever so slightly her head turned until she held the stallion and the mare, brother and sister, in the blue chill of her gaze. Instead of electricity her features bore ice; rimmed with the black tar of the infection she had risked for them.
Yet still the storm did not come, because though anger existed inside of her in this moment, it was greatly dwarfed by utter despair.

"I would have thought if you'd had a problem with me," she began, speaking partially to both of them, her attention flicking back and forth between them, which wasn't difficult given the flightless bird was nestled up against him like a filly still on milk. "That you'd speak to me. I am hardly the monster you're attempting to make me seem, and I'm more than capable of doing my job when it matters," unlike you she said inside her mind, scathing, though her spoken words were deadly calm and soft. "But given your rank, if you disagree and find me unworthy of respect, why not remove me the honorable way, rather than this coward's way?" Little by little the edges of her tone sharpened, the bitter sorrow breaking away beneath the insistent crash of her rage.

"That is how desert law is carried out," she drawled, and her jaw clenched tight as she snapped it shut, unblinking as she pinned the impudent fuck with her stare.
"I would also think you'd not divide this family when our unity is needed to face the current threats." The words were forced through her teeth, which she more than happily bared towards him, her neck thrusting the crocodile smile in his general direction.

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-15-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Einarr - 09-15-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sikeax - 09-16-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ampere - 09-16-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ilios - 09-18-2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sacre - 09-18-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Cera - 09-19-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-19-2015, 09:17 PM