the Rift

Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

Where are they? she thought with a certain fringe of desperation that she hated to hear, even inside her own consciousness. She couldn't not feel that cold slip of dread pass through her though the longer silence filled the spaces between them. Whenever it wasn't there, when someone spoke. her ears pricked, but the voices never came for her. They just went on and on about diseases and real threats - just like she said, just like she wanted.

Except, wasn't anyone going to speak up for her? Wasn't anyone going to defend her? She had never expected support before, not when she'd been on her own and knew it was her against the world. She had a family now though, or thought she did. Friends too, or at least, horses she spoke to routinely and liked well enough, didn't they count? Hadn't she made allies after all this time, or was she still alone in this sea of sand?

Come on she pleaded, but the voice that struck next was her Sultana's, and like a gavel it fell hard and unbiased. Blinking at the darkness that curled around her lashes Ampere turned to look at the Sunspear, but she didn't find the agreement she was hoping for. It seemed she would, at first, though the mare's face was serious and sharpened with edges Ampere didn't remember seeing there before. Still, Megaera's voice came out clearly, even saying that she agreed with her. The tug of a smile began to appear at Ampere's maw, but just as quickly it vanished when the Sultana's next wind of words came. "WHAT!?" Ampere cried out incredulously, sparks roaring to life near her hooves. Stop some wiser part of her insisted, and with an audible click her jaw slammed shut, biting her tongue. Her wings pressed tightly against her sides and gently the energy she'd produced fizzled out. All the while she stared at Megaera.

Ampere knew too well the weight a crown bore on your head, causing you to bow when you otherwise wouldn't have, but not this, this betrayal! She had thought she could at least depend on Megaera's warrior sense to drive her to wisdom here, but the mare was insistent on... well Ampere didn't even know what the fuck this was, a trial?
Where is Gaucho?

Ampere's gut churned, and she coughed harshly, gritting her teeth as she tried to keep it in because damnit she had worse things on her hooves right now than an illness. Laedere spoke, and Ampere was happy enough to hear the pathetic cunt hadn't tried to distort any of the events to vilify Ampere further, although Ampere hadn't a clue as to what mad raving about skeletons she was referring to earlier - was that not proof enough she was a stupid whore who shouldn't be the one calling Ampere's character into question so easily?

Slowly but surely loosing the grip on her self control as this insanity plummeted onward, Ampere was only saved by him. On fiery wings her salvation came, saving her from what surely would have been a downward spiral of self-defending tirades fueled with bitterness and anger at the injustice she felt for this entire ordeal.

Like an angel come to pull her from her murk, so the Wildfire's light came. Her gaze was as drawn to him as ever, intent on him before he'd even landed, despite this small war she was caught up in. She had avoided him for that very purpose, had hated so vehemently the feelings that would not subside nor be controlled whenever she let herself look at him, breathe him in, speak to him. And now?
Now it was all still there, no matter the absence she had forced upon them, no matter the rift she had expertly carved out of their hearts. He was here, and she beheld him fully and felt, relief.

Her name was pushed from his lips, and though it lacked anything intimate, it still felt like he had said ti just for her. There was little need to say it though, he already had her full attention, and she knew why. For so long she had wondered what inexplicably drew her to the stallion, and seemingly him to her. She had never felt for someone like she had him, and that sensation had confused and challenged her endlessly, even know when she willed every fiber of her being to not. Finally, she thought she understood what it was, what everyone always called it.

She loved him.

Right in this moment the realization broke over her. There were countless reasons why, but that he asked sensible things like he just did, that he didn't accuse her but asked her, that he could withstand her verbal (and physical) abuse - unlike some hoes - were all part of it. She did not have to hesitate to answer, did not even have to wonder over his strange language or how good it sounded when he said it, all she had to do was open her mouth and say, "Yes." Because if anyone knew her, if anyone saw her and all the blood and sweat she poured into this herd on the daily, they'd see that she was always willing to put her life on the line for them, no holds barred. For Sun's sake she loved someone who had crushed her heart twice when he'd wrought chains from the souls of two beings, and loving someone like that, who went against everything you stood for, was a hell of a lot harder than just dying for someone.

She didn't get a chance though, not yet, not with Einarr continuing to bash her name into the dirt over what, one incident some mare his dick was probably riding said? The more he spoke, the further Ampere drifted from Gaucho's saving light. By the end of it she wanted to launch herself at Einarr right now and force him to shut the hell up, but her coughs sapped some of her normal vigor, and her forced self-control grappled the rest. Ampere wouldn't help her case by fighting now, not if she was the one challenging.

"You're not brave," she hissed under her breath, teeth grinding against each other as she chewed on her wrath. It didn't matter though, because Einarr wasn't even the worst one here, and neither was Laedere. It was everyone else who just stood here pretending this either wasn't happening or like maybe it should. Suspiciously she cast her gaze at all of them, her feathers bristling as she felt cornered by their eyes. He was accusing her of making him sick for fuck's sake (maybe he would have been already if he'd been brave enough to fight at all), and was no one going to say anything, to stop him? Was it alright that he was slinging her through the mud, but what, she couldn't get angry about it, couldn't argue about it now because then it'd be her fault when it was his!?
Megaera.
Sikeax.
Badger.
Ilios.
Sacre. 
Aithniel.
Cera.
Nasreen.
Gaucho.
Maren.

She looked to each of them when it seemed she'd finally have a chance to talk. Were any of them going to help?
Just me.

"Whatever your deeds, your words, your opinions, or the status of your soul, if you are Dragon's Throat, you are family and I am always willing to protect my family no matter the cost." Still, it stung a bit that she had to say it out loud, for them. "Family argues sometimes, there's no avoiding that, but by the Sun we have each other's backs, always." As she spoke she continued to stare at her herd, her family that stood like stone. Her stance was stoic, head held high despite everything Einarr was trying to do to lower it, her muscles taut as she stood stall. The passion was evident in her tones, each word something she poured herself into, accentuating certain areas, wings flaring at others. If no one here knew nothing about her after all, then they would at least know she was passionate and she was honest, wouldn't they? 

Stone-faced she turned her attention to Megaera. "I saw Laedere on the bridge as she said, the dolphin in tow. I've never seen a dolphin in the air before then, but I've seen them in the sea plenty often. I tried to drag her back there, until Laedere told me the dolphin belonged to her." Ampere's lips twisted into a small, wry grin that lacked any joy. "Her dolphin, like she fucking owns the thing, like any of us can own anything that is alive. Sounds like the words of someone who keeps slaves." Tar ran in rivulets down Ampere's face. She shook her head, coughing sharply with all her words and the energy she put behind them. "So I told her as much, then I flew away, like she said. I didn't touch a damn hair on her hide. If she has a problem with the way I tell the truth then that seems like something she needs help with. Maybe Maren can give her therapy."

"So if you're all done accusing me now, I'll say it again. If anyone has a problem with me, then face me, not this bull shit. Otherwise, I'd like to see about those patrols, Sultana, and get some real work done protecting my family - all of them." Tar ran around the corners of her mouth, staining her teeth dark. When she coughed small bits of it sprayed, but no one had to worry, she stood alone. Either way, she was sick too but she wasn't fucking complaining about it like the dark horse and his pigeon. 

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-15-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Einarr - 09-15-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sikeax - 09-16-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ampere - 09-16-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ilios - 09-18-2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sacre - 09-18-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Cera - 09-19-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-19-2015, 09:17 PM