the Rift

Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING]

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

B A D G E R

I don't like conflict.

Amongst horses I consider to be my friends - however weak our connection may be - conflict is even worse than against a stranger. Seeing the close bonds of my herdmates crumble and shatter before my eyes bids a whimper to come from my throat, and my ears flop slightly, miserably. I can't get involved, though, because I don't fully understand what's going on. From what I can tell, the sparky-blue-mare doesn't like those bonded to companions, which happens to include Laedere. A big black stallion is standing up for Laedere, and I wonder for a second if they're a thing. I like Laedere a lot, as she was the one to bring me here, and I only hope the somewhat coarse-sounding stallion is treating her right.

If not then I'll....probably just wave my herbs at him in a threatening manner.

Then Megaera, the lead mare, speaks. When she addresses me, I feel myself wobbling slightly, but do my best to force a smile to my face. The smile becomes genuine, however, when she finishes speaking. She offers me the Sun's gift and the position of Alchemist, and although I'm not savvy on all the positions in the Throat, that sounds like a promotion. And the Sun's gift sounds pretty nifty, too. Perhaps it will give me the power to heal people magically, rather than via herbs? "Oh, thank you, Miss Sultana! I won't let you down." I beam like a lunatic, swelling up where I stand. Recognition is uncommon for me - even with the humans, I was just one of a number, rather than a name. Now I've been promoted, my hard work acknowledged. It feels brilliant. Even the black goo oozing gently down my face cannot dampen my spirit.

Not everyone is as jovial as I, however. Tensions continue to rise, and I release another sorry huff of breath. When Gaucho, the lead stallion - and a fearsome man if ever there was one - arrives, I trust he will set things in order. But, if anything, his appearance acts as a catalyst to make things worse. Einarr and the spark-mare, Ampere, look like they might come to blows, and I wouldn't like to hedge my bets on the winner of that. Ampere speaks passionately about the companion bond, and I fnd myself frowning. I think back to the egg that Ashamin won, that I had tried for - is the creature inside slaved to his mind, or is it a mutually beneficial relationship? I don't know what to believe.

The mare looks at us all, judging us. I quiver slightly, realising she seems to want us to pick a side. How can I do that?! I barely know who is arguing for what. But I will look like the coward I am if I simply stand here and say nothing, and how can I justify that when I've just been handed a new rank? A new mare enters, black and gold, and says what I'm thinking - that this is stupid now, when we have far more intense pressures on our plate. Black tar oozes from my nostrils as a I drag in a deep, frightened breath. "I don't know any of you well enough to say who I think is right or wrong. I do agree with this lady here, however - " Here I nod my haltered head towards Ranijiri, "- that now is perhaps not the best time to be doing this. In my opinion, our first priority should be finding the cure to this disease, and preparing for the possibility of new illnesses in the near future. So far there's been two new lands, with two new diseases. What if more lands appear, and the illnesses they bring are fatal ones? We should be pooling our resources and doing everything in our power to cure the infected and prevent it spreading further, as well as preparing for future epidemics." Damn, public speaking almost makes me faint into a terrified puddle, but I try to sound strong and fill my voice with a resolve I don't truly feel. Who am I, to have an opinion? I'm just a lowly new member, albeit one recently promoted. I fully expect to be shot down in flames, but try to hold my head high and not look as terrified as I feel.

Messages In This Thread
Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-13-2015, 06:42 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-15-2015, 04:00 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Einarr - 09-15-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sikeax - 09-16-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ampere - 09-16-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Ilios - 09-18-2015, 12:51 AM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Sacre - 09-18-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Megaera - 09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Cera - 09-19-2015, 08:58 PM
RE: Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING] - by Laedere - 09-19-2015, 09:17 PM