the Rift

white snow as red as strawberries [open]

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

“I know vat manners are and I do too has zem!” the girl who called herself Galiel cried. “I vas just asking because you are zick vith sumzing! Look,” she entreated, gesturing at Areli’s flank.

“Sick!” the brown filly repeated, with an incredulosity dangerously close to sarcasm. “Am not…” But here she turned and saw the damning proof upon her hide, the blistering bubbles that were beginning to peek out from the soft baby fur that she hadn’t quite managed to shed yet— “…sick,” she whispered, eyes wide in shock and fear. From her hooves, the pup gave a throaty whine, sensing her mistress’ distress.

“What are those?” she asked no one in particular, voice trembling audibly. “They weren’t there—” she hiccuped, “—before…?” Frightened by the angry bumps, her golden eyes were rapidly filling with great salty tears that threatened to brim over. And then before her horrified gaze, a boil burst and oozed, the pus crawling down her slim side in a sickening glob, like some engorged and bloated slug fleeing the light when its log is overturned. “It hurts!” she whimpered, and the tears began to fall in pain and panic. “It—hurts!” the girl sobbed again, and the wolf howled mournfully along.

Mauja’s soft and slow voice was much less effective at comforting her now, but through her choked cries Areli caught his explanation, and she clung to the reassurance he offered like the dying girl she very much thought that she was. Galiel, however, was much more skeptical. With caution that would have made Mama proud, the pale filly hesitated, but Areli lacked her prudence. She had already decided to go with Mauja: though she did not know him, though he had given her this disease, he knew how to fix this. So she put her faith in him, trusting his promise of help. “’Kay,” she sniffled, following closely behind. “I…jus’…wanna…make…’t…stop!” she managed to choke out before dissolving into tears again.

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: white snow as red as strawberries [open] - by Areli - 10-05-2015, 11:56 PM