the Rift

Is This An Omen [Open]

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night
The threshold was alive. Birds soared overhead, chirping their songs. Squirrels and chipmunks scurried into their trees and in the thick underbrush, free from their hibernation. Birdsong was aptly named - the world was singing its song of rebirth.

The midnight warrior moved effortlessly through the threshold. She wound through the trees, leapt over fallen boughs, avoided the thick slopping mud. She enjoyed the softness of this soil compared to the hardness of the permafrost that floored her home in the Aurora Basin. The corporal found a certain ease in travelling this land. It was lush and green and beautiful, and it brought out the best of her spirits. Besides, who wouldn't be thrilled now that the harsh Frostfalll had finally broken, and the crippling bitter cold was finally banished until next year?

Splashing into a brook, the girl dipped her head and sucked deep gulps of water. The river was still cool from the melting ice and snow, and she enjoyed it's crispness. It wasn't until she heard another creature, something much larger than the squirrels and woodpeckers, moving through the forest, that broke her relaxation. She did not feel fear, or defensive, for this was a free land. Instead, curiosity edged her forward. She slipped quietly through the thickening underbrush until she found the newcomer.

Standing in the dappled sunlight stood a mare who appeared to be spun from gold. She looked exhausted, but it didn't stop her marvelous coat from shining like molten sunshine. The sun mare, dipped in earthy browns, also sported a unique crown upon her brow. Ki'irha stood silently, watching the golden mare intently. Mud and twigs had matted the ends of the girls long tresses, and her hooves were buried under a thick layer of caked mud as well. But Ki'irha herself hadn't quite come into the Threshold looking one hundred percent. All this girl needed, to the blue's assumption, was a safe place to lay her head, and rejuvenate her spirits.

Before Ki'irha was able to approach the stranger, a white equine emerged from the foliage. She greeted the stranger warmly, though the warrior couldn't quite make out the rest.

Stepping from her spot in the shadows, the starry unicorn cleared her throat softly so as not to surprise the pair. "Hello," she began, addressing the golden, dipping her head in greeting. Her voice was warm and sweet. She turned and nodded gently to the dappled mare, sharing the same sentiment. Though lesser than her, the equine still deserved a greeting. "My name is Ki'irha. Welcome to Helovia. You stand now in the Threshold, which is free land to whoever may need a place to rest. But with its freedom comes a certain lack of safety."  The blue looked troubled for a moment, thinking back to when she was tired and vulnerable, and wondered what may have happened if she had not been guided away from this place. She then smiled, continuing. "If I may be so bold, it appears you have been traveling far. I am more than happy to lead you to a place of safety and shelter, even if just for the time being. It is among others of our kind. I can promise it would do wonders to a weary heart to have a place to call home. Though, if the vegabond life is what you seek, we can still provide a place to recoup some strength." 

The blue warrior watched, trying to read the golden, and waited. It was a lot, she was sure, to be presented with choices, especially in her current state. But the newcomer was sure to make a decision she thought best, and begin carving out a new story in this new place.

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tournesol - 09-13-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Brisa - 09-14-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Ki'irha - 09-14-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tournesol - 09-15-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Brisa - 09-15-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Ki'irha - 09-16-2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tembovu - 09-16-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tournesol - 09-18-2015, 03:12 AM