the Rift

Is This An Omen [Open]

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The midnight unicorn was quiet as the golden mare asked her questions, waiting for the snowy dame to answer first. She took the time to consider her answer. The Basin was a true safe haven. With the sentinals guarding the opening, ready to animate if an intruder approached, and a tall wall of mountains cradling the herd, there was an incredible safety that came with living there. Sure, it would take time adjusting to the weather, but the strong would survive, and the weak would be strengthened. Win-win.

"The Aurora Basin is the epitome of safety. We are nestled in the northern mountains, and we are a strong group. We are embraced by a magnificent mountain range, where the one open pass to enter our herdlands is protected by massive metal guardians, ready to spring to life if we are infiltrated. We welcome our newcomers to learn a trade, with mentors who are incredibly skilled in their crafts. I am the Corporal, and proudly lead and follow in a military that is gentle to their own, but a force to be reckoned with. And our healers and crafters, they are knowledgeable and kind, and eager to provide. They are always looking for new apprentices, so should you have a desire to learn, you will have someone to take you in. As you rest your weary hooves, you will never need to worry of your safety. And, a particular perk of my home that I love more than anything, is the wonderful hot springs." She stepped closer to the unicorn, her silvers catching emeralds. The blue mare broke away from the bright recruitment speech, to speak of something else. The state the unicorn doe was in reflected a difficult journey. She spoke a bit softer now. "I was like you, not long ago. Tired and weary, looking for a purpose. I only assume that is what you have come looking for, as many who have passed through this threshold have come here much like you, tired and sore and ready for a new life. But myself? Well, I was lost. I was lonely. I was cast away into a world that was mine for the taking, but I was unsure how to do so. When I was found by a unicorn here by the name of d'Artagnan, he brought me home. I found what I needed in the Basin."She leaned back, voice resuming it's previous nature. "Besides, they may have waterfalls, but our skies are painted with incredible northern lights, unlike anything I've ever seen."She turned her head, giving a little wink to Brisa.

She dropped her head down, gingerly pulling a tangled twig from the mane of the newcomer. Motherly, almost, but with a desire to help. "I can offer you so much more than a home. And if not, maybe a hot soak will at least prepare you to continue your journey. I invite you to follow me, and see for yourself."

The blue warrior took her place beside the snowy dappled healer, watching and waiting to see if she would return home alone, or with another by her side.
Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tournesol - 09-13-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Brisa - 09-14-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Ki'irha - 09-14-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tournesol - 09-15-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Brisa - 09-15-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Ki'irha - 09-16-2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tembovu - 09-16-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: Is This An Omen [Open] - by Tournesol - 09-18-2015, 03:12 AM