the Rift

[OPEN] Correspondence #5

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

I watched his mouth, hanging open and practically swinging like some dumb pendulum. When at last he closed it and regained some composure, when eventually he spoke again, she wasn't surprised about his odd response. He was certainly filling in his strange figure--playing the part that his appearance cast him in.

The boy's misunderstanding of the term pussyfoot was not quiet amusing, but it was perhaps endearing. I let loose a sigh, soft, low, and forgiving. The boy apologized, and he game me a proper name by which to call him. Johnny.

It was simple and though not quite elegant, I considered at the time that it fit him well enough. And he apologized. He apologized. Of all the times I had been hurt, so few of them had been followed by regret. I had been beaten, bruised, injured in mind heart and body, but never had those males apologized. The fact that this one did gave him some virtue, and the faintest motherly twinge in my heart became a blooming creature that I could not ignore.

...you really think I'm a young stallion?

I breathed and stepped closer to him. He was so small, I only just realized now. Age may have sloped me closer to the earth but I had plenty of height on him. And he really was young--compared to me, anyway. I exhaled, letting my warm breath perhaps brush over his fragrant locks. "Of course you are," I said kindly, all traces of the tigress lost. "Only a young stallion wouldn't understand the meaning of pussyfoot. But perhaps I'm showing my age," I remarked with a sidelong glance over the cold expanse and a faint nicker. "It is nice to meet you, Johnny. I appreciate your apology."

The wind blew cold and the night sang lonely. I began to move away from Johnny, back in the northern directions of my wanderings, and flicked my cape of a tail behind me to bid him follow. He was curious, and apparently kind, and I hoped to learn more about such a strange looking young man. "So what exactly do you do hear, boy?" I queried with a look back in the dark, my eyes glittering with the aurora that spread across the sky. It was high time I find something to do with my time, perhaps this one could help me on that path...

""
Those Days Are Gone
image credits

@Johnny

Messages In This Thread
Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 11-22-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 12-05-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 12-13-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 12-18-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 12-24-2015, 09:03 PM