the Rift

[OPEN] Correspondence #5

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
We made a good pair, you know. Excellent walking partners - we should do this more often. Between my shorter legs and her age, we could match each other’s pace with ease. Which was a delight - can’t tell you how exhausting it is trying to keep up with some of these critters in Helovia. I hadn’t met a lot of other ponies in the area and the Basin was certainly slacking in height diversity.

I’m sad to hear that her introduction into the Basin was rushed and frown (the expression always looks comical on my face). “I am very sorry to hear that!” I almost, almost called her ‘my dear’ but I was afraid it would have the same reaction as ‘darling’ so I bit my tongue. I didn’t want to scare her off, now that we were enjoying a delightful walk. I wondered if it was that way with all the new recruits - my own recruiter had barely managed to explain the ranks to me before excusing himself and leaving me in this strange herd, a lonely little gumdrop in a strange new world.

At the time, I was crushing hard on said recruiter so I didn’t mind.

I felt encouraged by the little movement of her head, almost as if she was going to nudge me before she just didn’t. What a tease. I beam back at her, because she’s asking me about weaving and that’s something that  I have just fallen in love with ever since I picked it quite by chance when d’Artagnan was telling me about all the ranks. It certainly had sounded like the most interesting of all of them - I was hardly suited to do anything else in the herd. I liked being helpful, you know.

A beautiful mare was asking me about what I do and I was thrilled to oblige. “Well now! It’s a funny little rank, you know. Like I said, I can make just about anything that comes from textiles.” Okay so I haven’t actually made much but the theory was that I could make anything. “I’ve only really explored using fleece and what plants I can find to experiment with - and let me tell you getting fleece from the mountain goats we’ve got here is quite the adventure. One of our fellow members asked me to make a cloak for one of his girlfriends” Or something like that “and another needed… uh, support for himself during spars.” Thank you, Öde, for the delightful story that I was sure to share with everyone. “So it’s quite the diverse clientele.” I chuckled and winked at her.

I was quickly learning that the life of a Weaver was rarely boring.

“Do you think it’s something you’d be interested in doing?” I’m absolutely thrilled at the concept that she could want to be a crafter too, it even put a little bit more of a bounce in my step - if you can believe it. If she says yes I might just turn right into a kangaroo!
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Ahvelyn
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 09-14-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Johnny - 10-08-2015, 01:36 PM
RE: Correspondence #5 - by Ahvelyn - 11-22-2015, 05:57 PM