the Rift

SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
For whatever reason, I had been drawn to this unexplored land like a moth to a flame. The mirages danced off the salty water, reflecting the sun's light and sparkling with an endless beauty. I wondered what the Helovians called this place, so many of their lands were strangely named. But as I drifted along the currents of the wind, movement below caught my attention. Out of nowhere, an ethereal being materialized from another Rift. That meant...This was not a familiar Helovian land? Massive wings beat as I watched the crowd gather, more and more unfamiliar faces gathering beneath. Soon, slightly recognizable figures began to gather around the God. Faces that I had seen in passing, though didn't really interact with, just those I had fought along side without question. As I hovered, my crown tilted to each side, audibly cracking my neck as I stretched and prepped myself for what was sure to be another adventure.

Out of the corner of my eye, a familiar shape caused me to do a double take so sharp that I lost my balance for a moment. Wings stopped beating for half a second, and I wavered in my flight as I stared at the frame of a dappled mare bowing before the fiery God in disbelief. Surely I was imagining her angelic figure? Could it really be her? Could she really be alive after all this time? Known in the land of Urd as my slave, but always a free woman in my eyes, there she kneeled. Ever obedient, ever faithful, ever innocent, Evaneska. "Eva..nes...EVANESKA!" Her name roared off of my lips with more power than I had intended, though I didn't give a damn if I drew any attention towards myself. The ember glow of my scales ignited into a passionate burn, my black scales glowing a brilliant orange with the excitement of finding her. At last, someone that I knew and cared for had arrived in Helovia! I had not brought her death, I had not brought her destruction after all! But there was a panic to my voice, fear suddenly sinking into my veins as I remembered the pattern of the last Rift openings. This was not the end of it...I had to move her, I could not watch her die again. I could not leave her to herself, I would not fail her a second time.

In a desperate rush to join her side, my massive wings tucked close to my body, bringing me to a spiraling downfall. Not a moment too soon, my wings unfurled to catch the winds, acting as a parachute as I drifted the rest of the way to land beside the dappled mare with wings behind her ears. I missed what she had been mumbling, but I wasted no time in joining her left side. "Evaneska, we have to hurry. We have to go, right now. There's no time to explain, before it's too late, you have to leave!" It was far from a happy reunion, but I refused to see her get hurt or worse. My tone was something that would be unrecognizable to her, a damn near frantic plea for her to listen to me, a demand that I could not let her ignore.

With my newfound purpose, I was hardly even aware that I had passed Ranjiri and her herd, or the fact that I was essentially being rude to the burning deity. I meant no disrespect to Him, in fact pissing off a God was the last thing on my to-do list. However, I had seen the damage of the last Rift openings. I had fought against the infected, heartless "gods" that had ignored us for so long. I had ripped out the eye of the Bear God, I had fought against the mutated wolf, and I had the fresh wounds that were still healing to prove it. "Please Evaneska, it's not safe for you right now." The words choked in my throat, my deep voice struggling to remain stern and in control. Golden orbs treasured the loyal mare that had clung to my side when I tried to free her so long ago, tracing over every part of her to be sure that no harm had come to her. The lovely mare was just as I had remembered her, so dainty and fragile, bowing before the one that showed the utmost power. It wasn't until now that I realized she had not arrived on her own, with another mare clinging to her side.

The strange unicorn was stunning, painted with the colors of a sunrise and seemed every bit as fitting to be standing near the Sun God. She was ever so slightly taller than Evaneska, though I still towered over them both. My auds flicked back awkwardly, suddenly realizing just how ridiculous, terrifying even, I must be to some of the others. Standing next to these two angels, I looked like the devil himself. Unsure of what else to do, I dipped my muzzle to the mare that clung to my ex-slave's side. If she was a friend to Evaneska, she was a friend of mine. And I would steal them both away before danger would come to them."Please."

OOC: Team Sun God - Was hovering above and watching everyone arrive, dove down to @Evaneska when he realized it was her. Is begging her to leave before anything bad happens, then notices @Persephone and nods to her too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Tamme - 09-15-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Evaneska - 09-15-2015, 10:39 PM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Boy - 09-16-2015, 12:27 AM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Rikyn - 09-16-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Soren - 09-16-2015, 11:57 AM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Mauja - 09-16-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Lena - 09-16-2015, 06:08 PM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Rhea - 09-16-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Iscah - 09-16-2015, 10:09 PM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Eden - 09-16-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames - by Knox - 09-16-2015, 11:27 PM