the Rift

[OPEN] How To Save A Life

Whisper Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Where Did I go Wrong? I lost a Friend... Somewhere along in the Bitterness...

Whisper couldn't help but watch the brilliant white mare as she moved and looked at the new babe before her. She was so attentive, caring and alter to the new life. In any other setting, Whisper might freak out and go ape shit on the newcomer but she knew she was pure of heart and after everything she had just done to help to her and hew little Astra... No. Whisper wasn't going to let a single nasty thought play in her dial. She was far too grateful and in debt to this beautiful mare. Bri's mother instincts were amazing to watch, even as Whispers were taking over. She watched the Ess tend to the foal as if it were her own, before stepping back and letting Whisper take over -but staying well in reach so as if anything were to happen she was just a step away. Whisper watched as Astra grunted and flung her dial as both mares licked at and cleaned the white life. Astra was very large to be so new and Whisper knew in her heart, that Astra was going to be much taller than her on account of her massive father.

---
Floppily flicking her auds back she grunted as her eyes parted to look at the world around her. A giant white ball hung above her dial somehow floating around them all, illuminating them in a silver hue. She felt her legs quiver under her as she looked about helplessly. The one voice she knew and had heard for as long as she could remember hearing from the muffled walls of the womb but the other, was new. Grunting she tried to flick away the new sensations all over her. Warm, damp tongues and lips played with her white curly hair and all she wanted to do was sleep but someone deep inside told her to get up. Her belly gurgled to life as she opened her eyes wider to see something the same color as the ball floating and shining on them, standing in front of her. It wasn't the voice she knew but it sounded nice. She turned her neck awkwardly and looked at two giant blue eyes and a long nose coming right for her. These lips muttered noises she was use to. Imminently she took in the scent of this being and focused on every feature of her face. Her cool blue eyes, were somehow warm and tender. Her ashen lips were soft and loving. Her voice was lulled and hushed and soothed her soul. Astra nickered towards the being and knew deep down, this was someone who was going to mean a lot to her, from now on.

Awkwardly placing her legs in front of her, she shifted. She needed to find out why her guts were growling and rolling. Her lips smacked as she tried to focus on the task at hand. Inside mom, her legs weren't ever this long or at least they never seemed to be. Looking down she breathed in deeply and squared her back legs under her before pushing up - too hard. She flopped forward on her face and then suddenly, there were more white legs moving faster and standing over her. Squeaking she shifted as she felt her mothers warmth pull away from her. She was alone in the grass..
---

Whisper watched as Astra tried to stand, nickering encouragement but suddenly Bri's gaze hardened and Whispers heart froze. She looked at the mares ears as they pinned and without hesitation, the huge draft mare followed the ess's gaze and heard the leaves rustle and move. Quickly Whisper was on her feet, her wings spread over the new life on the ground and her own auds pinned flat on her skull. Warm and tender glance was turned cold and calculated in a moment notice and her heart lept in her chest surging some new found energy to her.  Alarmed she stepped to the side as the white mare pushed in between the intruder and Whisper hiding Astra and then something odd happened. The white mare lit up with the most beautiful blue flames and pin pointed the intruder. Whispers mouth dropped in awe. This mare was magical! Not like a normal horse at all! Then it dawned on Whisper, she was far too beautiful to be just a horse - perhaps she had something else in her lines. Blinking she tried to focus on the new comer and then it flitted into her mind just as her eyes spotted him.

"Tembovu!" she exclaimed as she and the white mare relaxed. Bri must have known that he was no harm. From their exchange, she gathered they knew one another. Grinning she relaxed her wing and withdrew it to show the large stud what she, with the help of her new friend, had accomplished. His eyes lit up like nothing she had seen and her heart skipped in her chest. She loved to watch others dance with emotions but something about this strong and caring brute, she took a liking to. She didn't know exactly how but she knew he was a friend and she wanted to stay close to him - and Bri. Grinning she touched her nares to his shoulder as he nudged around on the new life, who was still trying to figure out her legs. Watching Bri and Tembovu both, she smiled. "I have made some beautiful new friends today... I am in debt to you both!" she said softly, in her usual tones. Shifting her gaze she nudged Astra in the haunches as the foal pushed forward once more and this time, stood splay legged looking at everyone with a rather curious glare. Carefully Whisper folder her large wing around her and carefully shuffled her to her belly where Astra quickly found and quenched her thirst. Standing there she signed in contentment and looked at Bri "So, I don't think I have even had the chance to properly introduce myself.. I am Whisper... I was on my way to Tembovu when you found me. I waited too long to follow him from the Threshold and apparently got lost and well, you know the rest" she chuckled softly as she looked at Tembovu- delighted suckling sounds coming from Astra who was quite as mouse and still standing splay legged behind her mothers wing. "I take it, you two know one another?" she questioned softly, looking at them both.

Tags:
@tembovu @Brisa

Astra
Astra Talks

Whisper
Whisper Talks

"<3"

Messages In This Thread
How To Save A Life - by Whisper - 09-15-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Brisa - 09-15-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Whisper - 09-16-2015, 12:20 AM
RE: How To Save A Life - by Brisa - 09-16-2015, 01:08 AM