the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sugar plum Fairy

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

She observes that I know a lot, and I smile. "You could say I cheated, I suppose. I gained my knowledge from growing up alongside a different species, a species known as humans. They're very clever, but very cruel. They do, however, have an almost limitless knowledge of medicine, and mine unwittingly imparted a lot of herbal information onto me." It's strange for me to think that the filly has never, and probably will never, meet a human. As a horse who had grown up believing that the two-leggeds were the owners of the world, it's queer to find myself in a land where they are none-existent, and where none of the residents have had to be subjugated by their selfish desires. Of course, I don't hate humans - for nine years, they were my life, and they almost always treated me well. I was certainly not abused - I was well-fed, sheltered, loved. But now I've spent time away from them, I know how much I and other captive horses have missed out on because of them. Given a choice between returning to them or remaining wild, I would probably now choose the latter - which would have been unthinkable just a few months ago, when I'd have given my right hoof to go back to the sheltered life I'd lead.

She mentions when we took her to the Basin, and how the healers there used their magic. I remember watching in envy as they repaired Shadow with powers I could only dream of. "The mares in the Basin possessed healing magic, God-given powers which allow them to fix wounds without the need of herbs. I have no magic, so unfortunately I'm limited to plants." I smile at her. It's not all bad - herbs do their job admirably. I don't know if I would ever want magic, because I do enjoy retaining some semblance of normality. If it meant I could help others, though...I ponder it for a moment. Chances are, the thought is pointless. I am unlikely to ever obtain it, even if I desire it, which I'm not sure I do. It had been miraculous how the Basin mares simply fixed all ills with, it seemed, the minimum amount of effort. Again I wonder at the powers present in Helovia, the sheer force of the gifts that Gods can give.

I return my warm brown gaze to Erthë, after it had unwittingly wandered into the middle-distance during my musing. "I'll be happy to tell you every herb I know, if you're genuinely interested. You don't need to listen just to humour me, though." I offer a gentle grin - I wouldn't want to bore her!

b a d g e r

Messages In This Thread
Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-16-2015, 05:12 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-17-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-18-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-27-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 10-03-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 10-03-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 10-10-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 10-12-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 10-18-2015, 03:13 PM