the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sugar plum Fairy

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

The child tilted her head and eyed her self-appointed uncle with steady, piercing gaze, as though trying to peer into his mind.

"How is it cheating to learn by watching?" she asked, completely serious. "I learn to walk quietly by watching Mom... is that wrong?"

It would be bad if it was, because she knew no other way to go about it. Shadow could explain about hoof placement and balance and watchful attitudes all day long, it still didn't make any sense to the child until she saw the mare actually do it. But her mother had never said anything about it being cheating, and Erthë wasn't really sure she understood how the gentle healer was thinking just then.

When he offered to show her more herbs however, the puzzled frown brightened into a wide, bright smile.

"I want to hear more!" she said, eagerly bouncing closer with the tail thrashing happily around the long legs. "Magic is wonderful and all but I don't have any either. Not real magic, that can do things. Herbs are fun, I think I want to be like you when I get bigger!"

Helping, healing, teaching - it was all so much better than to run terrified around a battlefield. Why anyone would choose to expose themselves to that was beyond her - so far her only purpose had been to survive or help others.

Eager to continue this unexpected lesson, she looked at the pile of already gathered herbs and then at the ground around them, trying to spot some other suspicious looking plants. Spotting the icy smelling one she liked to munch on, the girl darted over and picked it up, and with glittering eyes she came prancing back to Badger and placed it before him.

"Is this a herb?" she asked. "It doesn't taste like the grass but it doesn't taste bad either... Like ice but also spicy."

e r t h ë
in every lost soul the bones of a miracle
Image Credit

@Badger - she's referring to peppermint

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-16-2015, 05:12 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-16-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-17-2015, 02:40 AM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Badger - 09-18-2015, 05:40 PM
RE: Sugar plum Fairy - by Erthë - 09-27-2015, 07:06 AM