the Rift

Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun

Rowtag Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Flaxen hair falls across his eyes as he tosses his head back, a deep laughter rumbling from his chest. “It is so, little bird!” He frowns for a moment in thought, what exactly could he do? He could acquire specific items that he technically had no business taking…  But what good would telling the girl that bring him? He had no physical attributes that could match her skill of flight. So he decided to tell the truth, “Ah! You’ve got me there! There’s absolutely nothing abnormal or special about me.” There’s a twinkle in his eyes when he finally thinks of something— even if it is ridiculous, “But I bet I can eat more berries than you. I could eat more berries than anyone in my herd!”

The stallion’s chest puffs out as he boasts of his ability to devour sweet fruits, however the air that had been filling his lungs in order to do so was quickly released as he continued to laugh when the filly pronounced him a devil. It fitted him oh so well. And deep down it almost stung, because even though the little bird had not meant it to be harmful, there was a truth known only to him that lay behind her jesting words.

He quickly ceases his laughter when she continues to speak and he notices the smirk that she mirrors from him and he catches the wink, “Oh I don’t know if that’s at all possible! Why, I’m assuming there are more of your birdy kind just waiting to jump out at me! I bet they’re all just as cheeky as you!” Once again he became the entertainer, putting on an act for her, though this time he could barely withstrain his giggles. He became the forlorn, not-so-much-damsel in distress; his eyelashes fluttering as he spoke, “What’s an equine to do! I will never be safe from you feathery fiends and your quick wits!”

His laughter subsides as his curiosity for her flowers grow and he watches the girl closely. He can’t help but stare as she dips her head to pluck a single bloom from the earth, his gaze never once leaving her as she reaches toward him. He dared not move, but he blinks at her and turns his head to gaze upon the gift once she has retreated. The fragrance that the flower carries reaches his nostrils and he inhales deeply, allowing it to fill his lungs. “Thank you,” He almost whispers, he cannot remember the last time someone had given him something. It was such a simple gift, one that would surely wither and die in time, but he couldn’t have felt more touched by her offering. He clears his throat to thank her once more— properly this time, “It is truly the most precious treasure I have ever had possession of.”

Beyond their small clearing, the wilderness calls, beckoning him to go forth. Helovia. Oh, Helovia, how blessed I am to have found you, he thinks to himself as the patchwork filly turns to leave. Follow me, she ushers, and so he does. He doesn’t think to ask where it is exactly she plans to take him, he simply follows in silence.

i'm headed straight for the castle
they've got the kingdom locked up

image credits

@Naerys woooooo! Thanks for rescuing him from the Threshold! <3

Messages In This Thread
Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-16-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Naerys - 09-19-2015, 01:51 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-21-2015, 05:19 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Naerys - 09-22-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-23-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Naerys - 09-24-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: Blow a Kiss, Fire a Gun - by Rowtag - 09-24-2015, 11:46 AM