the Rift

[OPEN] The Grand Optimist

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

Najya knew she was doing a poor job of keeping the smile off her face watching the two of them. She found herself wondering about their relationship – the tension in the air was thick.  The glances, the touches, the heavy words passed back and forth so carefully – all pointed to something, well, something more.  Najya was many things, but she wasn’t blind.  At least not yet.  Her vision seemed to be failing her over the past few hours, but she suspected that one wouldn’t need eyes to see what was happening here.  However, the flaxen mare kept her thoughts to herself and allowed the two her moment.  Seeing them brought back many memories of her own moments and now those memories were all that remained – precious treasures hidden away in the deep corners of her heart.

It was almost overwhelming.  She blinked a few times, her vision constantly shifting between her normal eyesight to an array of thermal-based colors that were enough to startle anyone expecting to see the subdued colors of evening.  The tar leaking down her face was uncomfortable, and as the pair spoke nearby, Najya found it difficult to suppress a cough as the tar blocked her airways.  She offered a slightly sheepish look to the two when it was evident that her discomfort had been noticed.

“Ampere’s right, Mesec. There’s no reason to believe this isn’t something you can control in the future,” The flaxen mare spoke softly, but with a note of determination in her voice. Her gaze moved from the blue and lightning mare to Mesec and back again as she spoke. 

Ampere’s staunch defense of Mesec’s behavior helped reinforce, in Najya’s mind, that she’d been right in what she’d told him in the Labryinth.  She had not volunteered the information that Mesec was responsible for the scar on her shoulder, but had not kept it from him either.  There was still a bubble of guilt in her chest, but she knew telling him wouldn’t be beneficial at this point – not when he harbored so much guilt and pain following the transformation and the loss of his sister following the battle. 

However, she would be ashamed to admit that she was pleased to hear Mesec ask Ampere if she was welcome in the Throat – and she was thrilled when the lightning-mare accepted.  It was evident that the pair had much more to speak about and Najya did not want to be perceived as an intruder or invade upon their privacy in any way.  The flaxen mare watched as Ampere activated that magic bridge that Mesec had spoken of

Najya had never been a fighter, not in the typical sense.  She fought her battles with words, not on the battlefield.  Worse yet, it was flight that brought her to Helovia and it was flight that brought her to the Throat.  However, she had vowed that she would not be defined by thses past choices.  Had she stayed in her old home, she would have perished like the others – and she wasn’t willing to throw away the gift that she was given in the end.  She was willing to fight now, a fire had been lit inside.  “I agree. That’s the lesson I learned to come to Helovia.  But what I know now that I didn’t know then is that I can fight for my people – fight with them. And I gladly will if the circumstances ever called for me to do so,”  the little mare said, quietly.  She supposed the battle that had just transpired was evidence of such circumstances.

“However, I’m a storyteller at heart – my interests are more along the lines of legends and history and teaching than fighting.  I was told when I first came to Helovia that most herds have such a rank, but it may have a different name in each herd,”  she finished, her eyes again flickering between the two.  But her attention was quickly divertet as Ampere activated the pillar.  

Najya was quite transfixed by the appearance of flaming wings at her sides.  Having been earthbound her entire life, she was quite nervous at the potential of flying.  She took a tentative step forward, somewhat hesitant, but equally excited at the prospect of this new development.  When she had imagined a bridge – she had assumed she’d be walking

“Cera. I’ll remember that. Thank you, Ampere,” she added, with a polite dip of her head and a small smile. 

N A J Y A
Lines

@Mesec

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
The Grand Optimist - by Mesec - 09-16-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Ampere - 09-16-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Najya - 09-17-2015, 01:16 AM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Mesec - 09-17-2015, 06:11 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Ampere - 09-19-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Najya - 09-27-2015, 10:11 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Mesec - 10-07-2015, 08:40 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Ampere - 10-14-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: The Grand Optimist - by Najya - 10-24-2015, 12:48 AM