the Rift

[PRIVATE] Holding out for a hero

Maitimo Posts: 14
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 4
Minx
M a i t i m o

He dies within recesses of his own mind. It pulsates through him like a venom that is killing him slowly. How many have reached out to him in his miserable existence? The little mare, the one mare with the wings.. All of them offered him help and he can't find it within himself to accept. The stallion has reduced to an emaciated wisp of a creature.. Dirt and other things cling tightly to his blue coat, and his mane is tangled with the occasional mat here and there. He stares at himself in the pool that he's knee deep in. The sunken lines of his face, the hollow look of his eyes all convey the misery that resides within his mind.. He has been hiding for so long.. Alone for so long.. Matimo does not wish to be alone, yet, he can't find it within himself to trust another.. He winds up leaving them all in the end, anyway. Aisling had tried to help him... But he had fled.. Surely the little mare resents him for his actions, loathes the very idea of him and his disgusting cowardice.. 

He doesn't realize how long he stands there.. Doesn't realize he is simply standing knee-deep in water with a completely blank expression. For a moment, the stallion loses himself and he drifts from his own body.. Maitimo hides himself and cringes away from the wave of self loathing and anxiety.. The litte mare may try to find him.. Hurt him for how easily he disregarded her. For a few moments he simply doesn't feel real. Then all at once he returns to himself and pins both ears against his head. There is another.. Someone else has found him and his eyes widen. He sloshes through the water and frantically searches for shore. Hide.. He has to hide.. Get away... RUN he must RUN. Dear gods.. Is it Him? Is it Her? Has he finally been found? No.. He doesn't wish to go back.. He doesn't want to be locked away again.. 

A whimper escapes from his lips and instantly he curses himself for it. Sound will draw them closer.. Sound will give him away. So he just runs harder, despite his emaciated frame, despite the fact he knows he will not make it far. Matimo knows he'll never be able to save himself, he knows he'll only drive himself closer and closer to the grave.. Someone rescue me his hollowed heart cries out. 

talk talk talk 

The fire I began is burning me alive.

Image Credits

@Zenobia

Pixel by Aud
* Only tag in opening posts please
* Force permitted
* Maitimo is a character that deals with sensitive subject matter and potentially triggering material.