the Rift

[OPEN] what pretty bones

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah
Ming Yue
Showing our pale light in the moonlight.
The young stag's smile that spread across his soft velveteens wound up giving Ming Yue the feeling that he really did enjoy his homeland and perhaps how precious it was to him. The ebony and azurine fae twitched her lobes towards Rikyn as he spoke with pure eagerness, or at least, as much energy as she could muster to amount to her wanted enthusiasm.

...though the winters can be rough, Birdsong always makes up for it.

And as she turned her cranium incredibly slowly to take in the terraria once more, her pools spoke a million words as she agreed. Ming Yue had never been entirely fond of the warmer weather but her intelligence did appreciate both its life-saving richness in its resources and the resounding beauty that came with Birdsong. With the flowers blooming and the trees alread beginning to blossom into all its glory she could understand why the inhabitants of the Aurora Basin would be so compelled to stay here. And then she turned to her new friend, with a smile written across her soft lips to ask,
"And you'd never leave this place to explore?" It was a valid question, one that she wondered whether given the choice the dark brute would do so. The queen herself had not been given such a choice once the illness of the land had begun to spread itself deep into the roots. Once her own family and herd had dispersed into death or disarray she had but no choice but to up and find herself within the rogue band that she called her secondary family. A wash of sadness fell upon her and she felt her cranium tilt downwards as she recalled her real family and her adopted one, "I wish I could have been given such a choice..." But she soon decided to throw her troubles away and continue to stare into his pale golden orbs as he spoke reassurance to her:

They won't mind, besides, we'll probably run into one of them on our way through.

His dagger rose and she instantly was reminded of the youth that shrouded this handsome creature, and in that second her own troubles felt like they were waiting in the wing, not troubling her.

And as if on cue of his words about bumping into herd members, a stranger appeared within her line of sight. The stag was an impressive creature, another horned and standing at the same height as herself. He was dark like Rikyn but was laced with four dips at the bottom of his pillars. His pools were a deep and dark azure and a horn of spiralling ebony and azure. He seemed regal in a curious way to Ming Yue, as she felt instantly tiny and fragile to another strange brute. But with his gestures towards Rikyn as what seemed friendly, she guessed that they were acquainted and the fae had nothing to worry of, particularly as he started small talk with Rikyn.

And then the blue-eyed beast lay his attention upon her, the strange, unknown and very unhealthy looking female that had strayed into his territory. His pools seemed to speak so many unspoken words and she felt obliged to answer as many of his questions as he asked. But Ming Yue could hear none except for his own introduction. How polite of him, she thought with a level head and a cool brain.

Welcome to the Aurora Basin. I am Lord Deimos. Who are you?

A lord? It did seem even more understanding that such a regal appearance would be fitted to such a glorious title - the Lord of the Aurora Basin. And to Ming Yue she no longer felt that she was equal to such a brute; she was now an inferior, and to this she knew to answer any and all questions thrown her way. Especially if she was to show Rikyn any appreciation by him allowing her into his territory, "Lord Deimos, I am Ming Yue. I come from the Rift, and Rikyn-" she glanced at her new friend with soft pools and then turned her gaze back to the superior newcomer, "-invited me here to find sanctuary in your lands. I thank you for welcoming me into your lands, sir." Her voice was soft and friendly, but even now she could feel the magical elemental strength that she felt whilst making the journey here quickly wearing off and her energy waning. It was only a matter of time before she humiliated herself yet again in front of a new, important figure...

[OOC: I've been away for the weekend so sorry for not being quicker with a reply to Rikyn! Hope this is okayy for both Rikyn and Deimos <3]
image credits

@Rikyn @Deimos

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Messages In This Thread
what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-18-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 09-27-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Random Event - 09-28-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-28-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-29-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 10-04-2015, 07:30 AM