the Rift

[OPEN] what pretty bones

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah
Ming Yue
Showing our pale light in the moonlight.
The young brute's laugh leaves Ming slightly puzzled, but not worried. She took little interest in this, hoping to stray away the attention of her curiosity, which evidently wanted to know why he would leave his homeland if he had such healthy land.

His laughter soons ebbs away into words spoken towards her, and at this point Ming Yue's only concentration could be given to Rikyn, not the handsome leader that had strayed into his tour. She pricked her lobes with all the energy she could muster at this point, intent on hearing what the dark stag had to say for himself. And in turn she head her beautiful cranium high and reciprocated,
"Part of your duties, of course. That must still be difficult for you," her pools grew sad as she thought of the reason she had to leave her homeland, "I guess you have to do what you must..." Speak of the Bear felt a hot knife stick through the skin and bones all the way into her guts with the dread and fear she had felt when she came across it in the Blood Falls. It did not help that at the point of attack she had no idea how and why the menacing God had become a physical form to attack the poor creatures of its land.

His hobby was met with a warm smile from the azure dame, "I do like to explore, too."

Then he turned his attention back to Deimos, who had spoken with authority and already had the respect from the lesser fae. She could not tell whether he was interested in her or not. He seemed accommodating to a trespasser in his territory, and for this Ming Yue felt obliged to ask any and all questions thrown her way by the handsome leader. And they came swiftly,
"The Rift is my old home. I come from the Blood Falls, which... I can't explain how, but somehow has become connected to your world. It was a sickly, deadly place, until the moment it rested in Helovia, sir," her pools were now fixated on him, her muscles not being able to take the weight of moving and so she could simply twist her neck to give him the attention he deserved, "The way the Rift used to be was a magnificent place, full of everything you could wish for, but the way I remember it now is less than inhabitable for even the most dreaded creature." Ming Yue's pools grew sad once more, thinking of everything that had occurred in her old homeland. Now she thought of the place as wretched, particularly now having tasted what it could be like in a world with lush food that wouldn't poison you from one taste...

And then a question the azurine fae felt difficult to answer: what did she want from the Basin? This was something even Ming Yue had no answer to; it was easy enough to say she sought food and water but what did she really want? She wanted company, the chance to find her purpose in this world, to be beautiful and strong and worship her beloved moon and to be the queen to someone's king. She was a typical, selfish creature. But this dark, captivating leader wanted an answer that would benefit him and the herd he represented, and this was a fulfillment her criteria could fill: "I seek a new life, my Lord. I do not know where I am to go, for the simple reason that I have no knowledge of this new world except for where my old one meets my new world, but I do know that after Rikyn's help and patience to bring me here," she beckoned to her new friend with a cool voice and a warm smile, "I would like to see what service I may bring to this herd. I am in your service for as long as you authorise me to be in your territory, and whether after this point you and I both feel I can become a part of your herd." Her words trembled with the sincerity of a yearling telling the truth, her orange orbs ringing out a cry of help from a kindly lord with the promise that she would not fail him, if he were not to fail her.
image credits

@Deimos @Rikyn

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Messages In This Thread
what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-18-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 09-27-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Random Event - 09-28-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-28-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-29-2015, 01:18 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 10-04-2015, 07:30 AM