the Rift

[OPEN] what pretty bones

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah
Ming Yue
Showing our pale light in the moonlight.
The blatant concern on the young brute's bodice gave Ming Yue concern herself. She felt guily for making him feel that way when it was her own fault in a way. But she stayed silent, an intention aimed at not embarrassing any stag in this conversation. Males were so easily burned by such things, she decided. And with a slight snort she remained focussed on the lord of the realm who had appeared not long after their own arrival in the Aurora Basin.

The azurine fae paid little attention to what was happening between the two brutes, both feeling rude to pry into whatever backstory they had going on between them and too exhausted to even care. All that mattered was gaining the approval of Deimos, who stood there in all his regal glory to hopefully accept her request of sanctuary in his lands. She lifts her pillars as Deimos thanks Rikyn, whilst he reciprocates with little wording. It was a typical male meeting.

But the conversation soon turned back to her, and after her description of her old homelands that were now linked to this world she knew not where to place herself. Everything was happening too quick, even for a quick-witted, cool character like herself. With a flushed expression Ming Yue watched Rikyn as he flung himself into the duty of finding out what sort of talents the dark fae bore. Right now even Ming Yue knew not, so she simply reeled off what she could do with an exasperated tone,
"Well, I'm not so sure it is a talent, but I was cursed with the ability to be my own gravitational pull. I pull in water when I am close," and she felt as even the pools were bearing down on her in disapproval, knowing that that would not suffice, "But... Back in my old home before everything happened, I was in training to become part of the religious core, to the moon goddess, but I don't think this is a relevant belief in your region?" Her pools scoured Deimos and Rikyn for the confirmation that she was correct. This place did not quite seem fitted to the worship of the moon, and so Ming Yue gave in, unable to answer the question. She was yet to find out what she was talented in, being as she had never been given the chance once chaos had ripped her lands apart.

She awaited the words from the lord of the Basin, who answered her call for sanctuary.

You are welcome to stay.

With a wide smile across her pretty velveteens, she stepped closer to the Lord, nodding with appreciation and spoke in a higher tone of excitement and thanks, "I am honoured, Lord Deimos. I do not know how I could ever repay your kindess." And that was true, as she wracked her brains for what she could do it was all very bland, nothing she could do would ever amount to being granted life, even in the most obscure sense of the word.

She watched him intently as he seemed to gaze at something that she herself was unfamiliar with. Ming Yue continued to look, paying ever more attention when he spoke to her once more. This time it was of the options that she could take should she choose to join the Basin core. She could be a thief, a mender, a soldier, a philosopher or an engineer. They were ranks that the little yearling inside of her would never had dreamt of holding, but the idea of a position in an esteemed herd after everything that happened seem more than a dream come true. With a big sigh, Ming Yue retorted, her orange orbs gazing at his with a desire, "My lord, you are giving me these options and I can only ever thank you for even considering me to be part of your herds. I will bear these in mind, and take your advice and speak to the creatures who hold these ranks. Thank you." In respect, Ming Yue attempted to bow directly to him, her strength waning as she began to shake with the effort. But she managed it, and then brought about bring her front pillars back up from the ground and into a standing position. Her new life was all but beginning and now was the chance to decide to make something spectacular of it. But just what would she do?

" . "
image credits

@Rikyn @Deimos

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

Messages In This Thread
what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-18-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Deimos - 09-27-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Random Event - 09-28-2015, 12:23 AM
RE: what pretty bones - by Ming Yue - 09-28-2015, 02:29 PM
RE: what pretty bones - by Rikyn - 09-29-2015, 01:18 PM