the Rift

KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep

Odette Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

» Somewhere, the line between dreams and reality blurred, and Odette drifted into fretful slumber, enticing visions of home and family dancing before her eyes. Time and the material world lost all meaning, and she would gladly have stayed there for a hundred years or more had not someone roused her from her restless sleep. To her fragile mind, it seemed as though she had spent hours in the company of her fragmented memories, but in reality it had been no longer than twenty minutes that she had lain there undisturbed. Blinking like a newborn babe, the young mare struggled to come back to reality, eyes darting about her surroundings as though freshly returned to a half-forgotten land from a long journey to the edges of the world. Indeed, it felt much as though she had really departed and forgotten about these trees and this loamy soil beneath her, and coming back had torn her from the part of her soul left behind in her dreamland. Or was this the only half-recalled dream, and her unconscious visions the land where she truly belonged?

» Finally her fogged, dull gaze settled on the crowd that had gathered before her, her mind attempting to wrap itself around the words being thrown about above her head as though through a haze. It seemed she had left her speech capabilities behind in her visions as well, and the words spoken sounded like incomprehensible gibberish in a fever dream. For a moment a male voice sounded exactly like that of an old childhood friend, and a single ear flicked eagerly towards the sound, but half a second later she realized that the similarity was entirely imagined, a figment of a feverish and exhausted mind. Immediately afterwards it became apparent that they were speaking to her, and her ladylike manners, ingrained in her since early childhood, spurred her to life. The practice had long since transcended habit into becoming part of her being, and despite the fatigue and malnutrition that plagued her bones, Odette struggled to rise in the presence of her company. The stark imbalance in weight between her two sides made every movement ungainly and awkward, and her vision swam as she stood, but at last she was upright again, both wing and stump tucked demurely against her sides. Faintly she became aware again of what a mess she looked, coated in dirt and grime thanks to the abundant mud from recent rainfalls, but the struggle to stay standing took too much of her attention for her to care. As her eyes and mind registered her company, two mares and a young stallion, their voices too began to settle into recognizable speech patterns and comprehensible words.

» Even so, the words they were speaking made little sense. Hidden Falls? World’s Edge? None of it meant anything to her. "Pardon me," she responded slowly, her once-sweet voice quiet and hoarse with disuse. Each soft word was chosen carefully, in the manner of someone just learning how to speak, but her cultured intonations and mannerisms betrayed an eloquent and genteel upbringing. "I was dreaming, and you all startled me." Wide, dark eyes traveled between the roan stallion and the two mares, noting the lack of wings on the two ladies. So she had indeed entered the land of the earthbound here. She couldn’t for the life of her recall what the roan colt or the dappled grey mare had said to her while in the fog of delirium, but it seemed the golden appaloosa lady, who was standing closest to her, wished to help. "Please excuse my state. I am afraid I have been lost and quite delirious. My name is Odette. Who are you, friends? What are the Hidden Falls, and the World’s Edge you speak of?"

TAG »
MUSE »
STATUS »
WORDS »
NOTES »

@Orlando @Brisa @Jahzara
awesome!
complete
Sorry, you guys will have to repeat yourselves, haha. She's not exactly feeling her best.

Table Coding © Ayumi
Photomanipulation & Character: Ayumi
Stock: deadmarshes, prints-of-stock, Dragoroth-stock, momotte2stocks, lubellemanipulation on dA
Lyrics: 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift

Messages In This Thread
KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-18-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Brisa - 09-18-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Jahzara - 09-18-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-18-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-18-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Brisa - 09-21-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Jahzara - 09-24-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Odette - 09-25-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep - by Orlando - 09-25-2015, 07:35 PM