the Rift

[OPEN] All I see is red. [OPEN!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

[Iso has GLL - she can see thermal radiation. Set right after the SWP thread.]

Isopia didn't understand why everyone kept saying that this new land was so beautiful. Now on the one hand, beauty was hard for the earthen child to understand. She simply saw things the way that they were, and in her mind, nothing held any sort of intrinsic property that made it beautiful. Things just were. But as she grew, she began to notice a pattern of things regularly called 'beautiful', and even if she didn't understand, usually she could pick out beautiful objects.

The flats though? She didn't see it.

That was likely because what she did see - all that she saw in fact - was heat.

The flats were a wash of reds, yellows, and oranges. There was almost no blue in her vision at all - everything was so still and shallow that it all appeared subtly on fire. At least, that's the way her infected eyes made it seem. So once the God of the Sun had declared all to be safe, the demi-child had flown from Volterra's withers, dropped to the sands, and transformed into her regular body. 

True to the loner that she was, Isopia hadn't asked anyone to join her as she wandered away from the group. Instead, her golden (though black-ooze surrounded eyes), had widened and begun to inspect this new land. Her quad-horned skull tilted and lowered to the ground as she tried to discern based on her new-found vision, more information about this new place. But all that she saw was surface level thermal radiation - her gaze didn't penetrate into the salty crust, and so she learned nothing new. Still, she wouldn't throw away this opportunity to learn more about the world around her, and so she continued to wander. Occasionally she would splash through a shallow puddle, noting the way the water subtly cooled as it broke away.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-19-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-19-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-20-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-27-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-30-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 10-07-2015, 09:22 PM