the Rift

[OPEN] All I see is red. [OPEN!]

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
Selfish, ungrateful. Words spoken from the past rang true. The gods were said to be cruel, malicious, and corrupted. I didn't disagree. Under false pretense I was lured into a home that would be my prison. But even then I should have been more grateful - I should have been happy to stay in a place so lovely. The god from my past was correct when he growled at me, saying how ungrateful I was. By now you would think I'd have learned. No matter how hard I tried my ugly nature revealed itself. Here I was graced by the presence of another god, albeit this one regal and truly divine. He spoke to me which had come at quite a surprise. He gave me a new home and even reunited me with my master - my friend - from Urd. I should be celebrating with them, I should be throwing back my head in glee.

Instead I walked away.

I felt claustrophobic in the crowd. This Helovia was beautiful yet at the same time I was overwhelmed. Anxiety made my heart flutter as I took in the pure, untouched beauty I was surrounded by. Again I reminded myself of how I should be reacting. However I couldn't shake the feeling off. I wanted to run away. It was a stupid, foolish thought but one I couldn't shake. I did not fit here, I did not belong here. The god begged to differ, but I doubt he would even remember me. I know I shouldn't be putting words into other's mouths. Still, there was no way someone such as I would be missed. Thantos had put on such a great display over seeing me. What more could I want? Greedy, greedy.

I wasn't even sure what I truly wanted.

Peace and hope were abundant in this land: Halcyon Flats. I was a mere freckle on its otherwise untouched surface. Cool water embraced my hooves as I moved. The familiar feeling of feathers leaving my wings, forming small birds as they did so, couldn't even shake away this unfamiliarity. The nonliving birds had brought me such comfort in the past. Now I only felt dizzy as I watched them slowly circle around my head, keeping in pace with my slow cadence.

So lost in thought, drowning in self misery, that I nearly ran into a majestic mare. I felt so dull in comparison to her rich, earthly colors. I yearned to fold my feathers across my eyes and pretend that, if I couldn't see her, she wasn't there. "Apologies, miss. I did not mean to disturb your walk."

"Talk?"

@Isopia

ooc hope you don't mind if i join :3
image credits

Messages In This Thread
All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-19-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-19-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-20-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-27-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-30-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 10-07-2015, 09:22 PM