the Rift

[OPEN] All I see is red. [OPEN!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Isopia was nearly a giant compared to the mare who appeared - awash in yellows and reds rather than her natural grays - or at least, to Isopia's eyes.

The demi-child, not normally prone to halting and bearing conversation, did just that. If nothing else, the way her infection had mutated and permeated her gaze into a thermal heat scan would keep her busy, should the mare prove uninteresting.

"Then why did you?" Isopia asked, completely genuinely. The Flats were enormous - and even though they appeared to curve in on themselves, like a massage bubble, the demi-god was sure that they were not in fact as concave as they appeared. And so, with all this space, this winged-skull creature had decided to come near her, and then apologize. Why not simply skip the need for apologies and avoid the situation that would call for one. Or if you hadn't avoided it - then why apologize? Her golden eyes - currently weeping blackish fluid thanks to this odd malady - appraised the winged mare with an academic, but distant, interest. 

However before she could answer, an even more petite creature strode their way.  Isopia looked at the quad-horned creature, surprised how alike in appearance they seemed to be - especially since the girl appeared in swathes of oranges and yellows, rather than nearly pristine white. She could have had Isopia's exact colouring, for all the demi-God knew. At first, the girl improperly assumed that the youngling was coming to bother them. Would she too, offer an apology for an entirely avoidable interruption? But what fell from her maturing-lips, was something that made Isopia's soul and radiate with appreciation.

A question. And an interesting one at that.

"Because it might have been, for all anyone knew at the time. Our Gods left, because our land was growing too small for our widening population. So they appropriated new places for us to dwell. In so doing, they came upon news gods with their own problems and difficulties, not so significantly different than what we face here. The God of the Spark opened a portal, allowing those from the Rift who would follow him, to pass through. As a consequence, one of their Gods also followed, seemingly and unsurprisingly upset about this assault on his lands and his peoples." The girl had learned much of what had transpired since that first battle. Had this small filly inquired about it directly after, Isopia might not have had so much to say. 

"There was hardly a conversation. No jury of sensible minds were allowed to consider what had occurred, and to deem the situation right or wrong. Instead, the order was given to kill the beast - a creature not importantly different from any of our Gods." Her shoulders shrugged slightly, mis-matched wings splaying in a neutral expression of so there you have it"No one took the time to think, to ask. A life was ended on the say so of the God of the Spark. So I say again, the murder might have been wrong. At the time, it was too hard to say. And rashness in such situations is never justified. "

Although the girl had fought alongside the Moon Goddess - and would have fought with the Sun God should a battle have occurred, the filly had not asked about those battles, or if Isopia had changed her mind. And so, characteristically, Isopia didn't mention it. 

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-19-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-19-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-20-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-27-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-30-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 10-07-2015, 09:22 PM