the Rift

[OPEN] All I see is red. [OPEN!]

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
Blue eyes glazed over as a sullen half-smile lifted the corners of my lips. The mare presented the question with an underlying tinge of ingenuity. I kept my head lowered, unable to gaze at this radiant and intelligent entity. Power seeped from her very pours. For some reason I had the feeling that she was someone important. A lovely first impression I left in her mind. If her status matched her majestic air then I was certainly praying for a redo. Not that such a silly, silly prayer would be answered. Reality overwhelmed any sorts of fantasies my mind could create.

Before I could reply a small filly joined us. She looked like an angel: blessed with a pristine white coat, ethereal wings, and small horns. The child didn't address me but no offense was taken. When the young girl opened her mouth she asked a question that intrigued me and presented maturity far beyond her age. Quietly I wondered what the little angel had to have gone through to have such a serious look upon her face.

I listened intely. However the more the conversation continued the more my wings drooped. Bear. They spoke of gods of this land and gods of another. Bear. Were they speaking of where I was from? The entire circumstance was unknown to me but there was enough pieces to make a semi-complete puzzle board. I recalled when Thantos first saw me. He shouted about how it was dangerous, how there would be a battle. While he had been proved wrong this time he must be speaking from previous experiences. How long has he been in these lands compared to me?

My thirst for knowledge grew as did a creeping dread that I couldn't shake away. The words came slow, each one hand picked, as I addressed the mare, "A good question indeed. Like a fool I was wandering around with my head absorbed by my thoughts. A mere simpleton, I could not manage to pay attention to my nagging thoughts and surroundings. Only did I realize when I nearly bumped into you." I bowed my head lower. "Which is why I apologized. For being a dullard. " Wistfully I looked up at the sky. "To be honest, I am not used to sharing a land with so many others." Years of isolation would do that to you. While I was exposed in Urd it was so chaotic and I had mostly stuck by my master's side.

"You two speak of the Gods." I mused and, for a second, hesitated. "The Rift Gods, as you called them, were the rulers of the world I was from. To speak ill of them is blasphemy, and I do not know the whole story, but the Gods that cross through the portals - the Rift - have been rightfully dealt with. Or so it sounds. Plague, death, corruption, and taint follow in their wake." A dark shadow overcast my face. I knew from first hand experience far too well.

Should I continue to speak? Had I spoke too much? "I do not know the reasoning behind these circumstances, but your Gods are saviors." At least to me. A final ray of hope was shining in the Sun God. "I.. I realize that with each new land summoned, with each Riftian saved, a great evil threatens to lives of the natives here." I would not wish this taint on even my worst enemy. "You don't have to accept us - accept me - but please receive my gratitude. It is not much - a mere consolation prize that holds no word - but what you brave equines are doing.. is changing a lot of lives."

My eyes flickered down from the sky as I nervously gazed at the royal mare and the blessed filly. "If you wish to know of our Gods, our lands, I can try to fill you in. If you'd rather wish I depart now, for I have spoken plenty already, than I will do so."

"Talk?"

@Isopia @Erthë

ooc ahh sorry for the delay. i hope this post came out alright <3
image credits

Messages In This Thread
All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-19-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-19-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-20-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Evaneska - 09-27-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Erthë - 09-30-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: All I see is red. [OPEN!] - by Isopia - 10-07-2015, 09:22 PM