the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Get This Over With [Moon God - SWP]

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Okay okay. So attacking the Goddess of the Moon had not been my brightest moment. Okay maybe it had been my worst ever... But I did it and it's done. I hadn't stuck around after the other God was dead. Nope I ran my little ass off. But I still heard what the Goddess said. Thankfully, my magic it's hers to make come and go. But I figure I might as well go and see why. Why murder? Why my mother? There has to be a reason right?

I would of been here sooner, but some sort of sickness set in. Disgusting black oozy slime drains from the corners of my eyes, my nose and my mouth. Was this punishment for attacking the Moon bitch? Good thing I wasn't going to do any thing more to piss her off. I just want answers. Hell, I don't even care if she cures me of this crud. I can't smell a damn thing anymore, and everything sounds reall strange. Nothing sounds right.

It's with all that going on that I start up the long path to the Vein of the Gods. She was right, I would know where to find her. Cause didn't all the Gods like live here or something? Though it took forever to find it without my sense of smell. When I reach the end, I don't bow or anything. I look around for a moment, hoping maybe she would just be there.... But of course not. Which would mean i'll have to try and talk with this crap coming out my mouth. "Um. Hi. I'm sure, you already, know i'm here.... Probably know why to." I stumble over the words, the ooze making it hard for my tongue to form the right words. They don't even sound right with my voice. But I keep going anyway. "Why? Why take all those lives? Why take them away?" I'd be crying by this point if the ooze wasn't blocking up my eyes. "Why my Mom? What did she ever do, to you to, deserve to die?" There. The main question was out. I just wanted to know why. Why did I have to grow up without a mother? Why did anyone have to lose those they loved?

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Mirabella
x - x

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
The Goddess was genuinely surprised the small child had come. She thought that she would merely crawl away into her frigid home and whine and cry about it for a time. That she had ventured here at all was impressive.

"Everyone deserves death." She breathed, winking into existence before the girl. "It comes to all of you, at some time or another. You can't escape it - it is your birth right. The one aspect of life that is a certainty."

Flicking her tail, the Goddess lithely folded her starlight wings with a shrug. "You mother could have just as easily been killed by a rock fall, a lightning bolt, or colic. If she had, would you have looked at the mountain, cursing it? Would you have attacked it, as you did me? No you wouldn't have. But I am no different than those other forces - I am a force of nature, just as the darkness and the wings that comprise my powers are. Your mother was taken from you, because it was needed. Her death was not inconsequential or meaningless. She is forever immortalized now, and peace has been forced down and now reigns out across Helovia.

Life can be sad, and hard. But that does not mean that it is wrong."

Image Credit

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

"Everyone deserves death." Just like that she was standing in front of me. To be honest I had figured she would smite me down where I stand for attacking her. But no, instead she's giving me the chance to talk. To listen to her reasons as well. "It comes to all of you, at some time or another. You can't escape it - it is your birth right. The one aspect of life that is a certainty." I snorted, mostly trying to clear my nose of this ooze but also slightly at her words. "That may be true, but I don't understand what was gained from her death, from anyones." I shook my head side to side trying to keep my mouth clear at least. I didn't want to say something wrong or be misheard. This was my one and only shot.

"You mother could have just as easily been killed by a rock fall, a lightning bolt, or colic. If she had, would you have looked at the mountain, cursing it? Would you have attacked it, as you did me? No you wouldn't have. For a moment, no a second I just stared at the Goddess. In a sense, yes her logic made sense.... But at the same time had a mortal murdered my dam I would of struck them just as I had her. She continued on. "But I am no different than those other forces - I am a force of nature, just as the darkness and the wings that comprise my powers are. Your mother was taken from you, because it was needed. Her death was not inconsequential or meaningless. She is forever immortalized now, and peace has been forced down and now reigns out across Helovia. Life can be sad, and hard. But that does not mean that it is wrong."

I could not speak for a few moments. To a degree she made sense... But at the same time it was all wrong. "You say you are merely a force of nature. But you are not. You have a form much like those of us who are mortal. You, unlike the mountain or the lightning of colic are even worhiped by some." I stopped to shake my head again, trying to keep my words clear. Not an easy task mind you. "You say you brought peace. I may be young but I do not remember a time before the murders began that was not peaceful." I stopped again. Thinking and trying to clear my mouth once again before asking one final question. "How did you choose... How did you choose the ones you... The ones you murdered?" My voice choked up, but I think I had asked the hardest question of all. Why the ones she killed. We're they choosen for a reason, by chance? What marked them for death and not another.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

@Random Event - GLL - cause I forgot in the first post
Mirabella
x - x

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
That may be true, but I don't understand what was gained from her death, from anyones The Goddess shrugged. "That doesn't concern me. I do not try to constrain my actions to things that the small and impatient minds of mortals can comprehend."

The Goddess listened with a dwindling patience as the child continued to speak. When finally she was done, the Goddess merely shook her head once, in a decisive no. "Having lungs and a stomach lining do not separate me from the mountains. We are, all of us, merely different arrangements of the same matter. A boulder rolls down a hill because the winds pushed it, because the path was clear, and because it was placed in such a way that made it possible to roll. I am no different - there were and are circumstances that push all of our lives. We merely have an emotional and intellectual response to our surroundings, whereas boulders simply break apart. And -" She continued with a wicked laugh -"I have seen many mountains, and other inanimate objects worshipped. "

"Yes you are young" She interrupted scoldingly. "That you don't remember a time without peace doesn't matter. Your life will be over in an instant compared to mine - compared to the earth. Do you spend your days worrying about whether your best laid plans will kill a few ants? When you hurry to save a loved one who falls, do you give a second thought to the grasses and insects who are trampled beneath your hooves. No you don't. Perspective young one, is afforded to those tall enough to see it. And I stand a great deal taller than you do, when it comes to time."

As the child grew (understandably) upset, the Goddess leaned backwards on a hip with a whispery sigh. "The ones whose death had the greatest utility." She replied simply. "When trying to skip a rock far across a pond, one picks the flattest and best weighted stones. Those who were taken, where the flattest and best weighted of your world."

Image Credit

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Since the Moon's arrival Mirabella has felt relief from GLL. The relief is sustained, curing Mirabella of GLL!