the Rift

I spy with my little eye...
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

[[ This is a mini-meeting and meet and greet with Ophelia! She can teach you guys how to spy or give your characters a historical run-down of Helovia. Please join! ]]

Moments of peace and deep breaths were rare, especially when she was returning to the wooded lair of the Moon Goddess. Luck could not describe the divine intervention which saved her from her own foolishness, but now she knew her power could affect the gods. That was something, at least. It was a power she didn't know she had, and power was strength in these trying times. For now, however, she would have to work harder in the details of this herd. She made a commitment which she intended to follow, and thus, with bile roiling in her gut, she pressed onward.

Ophelia grunted softly as she watched the mists gather in the trees, even in the light of day. Compared to the beauty and open honesty of the Halcyon Flats, this place was like living in a shadowy maze, and she frowned. Though she preferred to stay her distance at the edges of this land, she pressed inward, heart hammering in her chest until her nerves settled. Finally, she reached a center meeting place with remnants of old creations from Mirage's clan deteriorating rapidly. Here seemed good enough.

She rested her weight onto one hip and swung her tail comfortably, cloven hooves settling into the earth. Absently, she yawned, blinking sleepily but holding vigil for wanderers from the Edge to come gather. Tinek did not hold as much self control, and he snoozed lazily on her back, little puffs of frost billowing with his snores. Ophelia finally called out, not sure how she was supposed to get everyone's attention with a lead nearby.

"World's Edge members!" she called softly, her chimelike voice twinkling. "Perhaps we can gather and chat?"

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark

I had been gone for a while. Still in Helovia, but – not – all the same. I figured my disappearance had gone unnoticed and it was more than fine with me. I hadn’t stayed very long to make much of an impact. I spoke to few and became a bit of a shadow on the back wall, watching and observing, before taking off in a bit of a curious notion to explore. My bones were growing older and they ached, but I rested as needed, ate as needed. Frostfall had given me quite the punishment. It was then, when I withstood winter on the heels of my battered body, that I realized I needed to be home.

However, I hadn’t been here for much at all. Would they still accept me as one of them? I identified as such, so there was always that little beacon of hope off in the distance that would guide my heart in the right direction and hopefully guide theirs as well. And as I approached, entering the Edge as I had remembered from my acceptance when I met the spotted stag – Mauja was his name I think – And the graciously kind mare Ophelia. That was a name I never forgot. I couldn’t considering she reminded me too much of my sister after being so far from home. Then, meeting Torleik. The tension filled the air in that meeting between the three of them and I was still unsure when the unjust sat.

Then, a voice. A gentle calling. A meeting of sorts, it seemed to hold. Perhaps this would be the best way to ask for insight. I was a part of this herd after all, perhaps now I could find my purpose. I didn’t know what it was that I could be good at anymore. I was more of a diplomat back home than anything else. Though, who would want a diplomat with a face like this? I sighed to myself, trudging on as bones creaked. Glassy eyes dancing around the environment as I followed the voice.

Socket?’ My mind raced, hazy eyesight off in the distance at a white mare. My heart, too, began to race. I picked up my pace, approaching the creature with a ferocity I hadn’t had in a very long time. However, as I grew closer to the mare, I realized deep in the pit of my stomach that it was exactly the thing I knew was going to happen. Socket wasn’t around anymore. Socket wasn’t even alive anymore. It was that passionate mare that had stuck by my side and trudged with my older bones without regret.

Even my heart was saddened by the mistake, but I tried my best not to let it affect me. Though it was hard to tell with a face like mine. I lowered my head to her, offering a bow of hello, and slowing my pace; Nickering gently with a soft “Hello, Ophelia.” And as I glanced around, I realized I had been the first to appear at this ‘meeting’. This would be interesting. Perhaps I could speak to her before anyone else arrived and save myself from some embarrassments. “I apologize for my long absence, if anyone noticed.” My words growing quiet toward the end. Glassy eyes watching the pale yet scarlet mare with a small bit of curiosity at the scaled creature asleep on her back.

'We've lost it all, I'm just a silhouette.
I'm a lifeless face you'll soon forget.'
IMAGE CREDITS

@Ophelia YAY FIRST POST IN AWHILE.

Entia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entia
we could write a bad romance
He had spent a little time here; time long enough to know, he was fairly certain that since he had arrived to Helovia, this would be the place where he would remain; where he would call home. Entia had not had a home in some time, he had spent a while wandering with Namtar, being with her had been quite the rush. He enjoyed it, and he missed her, and Lucian, and deep in his heart he truly missed Inwe. He wondered where she was, how she was, and how their daughter was getting along with her own life.

Ayla had been so like him, but she had her mother's eyes, as well as her appearance in body. She had his horn though and it had been full and white. His only knowledge of what his own would have looked like, had he ever had a full horn.

Wandering the Edge of the world had been good for him. Entia had learned where not to step, where was dangerous, and yet it placed him not far when Ophelia had spoken up. His head turned, looking to her with curiosity, and so he had moved towards her without any hesitation. A gathering, and a chat? Entia did like to talk, and there was way too much more for him to know.

Including how this place ended up like it did.

So when he came close enough to her, he was not alone. Another was there too, another unicorn who was grey, with a darker marking across her back legs and dual horns. Entia wondered briefly if horn envy was a thing or not; but the thought was gone quickly. He did note that one of her horns was broken - something they held in common.

Entia with the shattered horn came and halted there, giving his trademark grin, given to both Ophelia and the unknown unicorn, his own strange greeting - though a little withheld, sheepish if you will - "Hello, hello... and, good timing too, I've just been looking about this place," he says, after the other unicorn had spoken; no need to be rude after all. "It reminds me a lot of the place I used to call home."

He says, thinking fondly of Ilir. "Your dragon friend looks rather comfortable there," he remarks. He doesn't ask anything, not yet - all in due time.

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
Nothing splendid was ever created in cold blood.
Heat is required to forge anything.
Every great accomplishment is the story of a flaming heart.
There was something eerily quiet about her new homeland on this day. The splashed fae gazed out from her fainty frame, letting the setting around her bounce back into her pale pools. The beauty of the World's Edge was really coming into its own now that Birdsong had hit and the life within it was beginning to warm itself up again after the harshness of Frostfall. She revelled in its ever-increasing heat, feeling it pierce her thin skin and throw itself deep within her bodice. The daylight was bouncing itself off the trees and into the mist and Anzanie knew that today was going to be full of surprises.

She strolled through the trees, letting them tower above her. Something was pulling her little naive brain closer to, well, whatever it was. And then she realised that her lobes were picking up something in the near distance:

World's Edge members! Perhaps we can gather and chat?

The soft voice was loud enough for the exotic princess to hear and she hithered to its call, letting her senses figure out the way through the maze of trees until she came to where the gathered the voice originated from. She stepped into a small clearing, which seemed perfect for the purpose of the voice's calling - a meeting.

Anzanie then placed her attention to the figure that had spoken and saw that it was another fae, with a long ivory horn to match the soft snow pelt and ruby-dipped tassles. The mahogany and ivory dame knew also scoured the clearing for more bodies that she sensed. Another pale fae with two horns, one broken, protruding from her cranium stood there, giving a name to the ringleader - Ophelia.

"Hello, Ophelia. I apologise for my long absence, if anyone noticed.

The implication from the voice of this stranger led Anzanie to believe that she wasn't the only one with problems. The newly appointed craftsman was completely unaware of any of the creatures that stood in the clearing with her. There was also a dark brute, another that appeared to be a horned but had long since lost its magnificence and was left with naught but a scarred broken piece of ivory. He was a handsome creature, but no more attractive to her than the two faes that stood here. The male stranger smirked at Ophelia and Anzanie felt like she was missing out on vital acquaintances here. In a bid to familiarise herself with the group she took a high pitched mmhmmm from deep within her and let it rumble out to alert the rest of the creatures of her presence. Then the high pitched voice let itself speak to them,
"Hello, everyone. I'm Anzanie, new to the herd," she also had a quick thought to let them know her position in order not to be treated like "the new girl", "I've been appointed craftsman to our herd!" Her little voice was tinged with stuttering and lack of confidence that emanated from her little knowledge of Helovia as a whole.
image credits
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Whisper Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I want to swim away but don't know how
Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
Let the waves up and take me down
Let the hurricane set in motion

Whisper had been here but mere days and had fallen into the shadows of the land to watch the others. She wasn't set on mingling right off. Tembovu had brought her here but had duties outside taking care of her, and he was not her mate. He was a cherished friend but she understood he had a life outside of her and who was she to beg him to stay near by. Never the less, the feeling of unease had returned to her as soon as the giant had slipped from her view. It wasn't herself she was concerned with - it was Astra. Astra had no wings and even if she did, she was too new to this earth to use them. Whisper watched the little filly flit about in her own little world of play, stopping to nurse on occasion and then rip off into the open field before her mum. Whisper took in such joy as she watched her daughter. Butterflies were Astra's absolute favorite little thing ever and it was sweet to watch her canter behind them and softly puff them into the air with her breath.

Astra was beautiful to watch. Her bone frame was thick but thinner than her mothers was at this age signifying her fathers side - shire but long boned in the legs. Her face had the slightest dish just in the middle and then her nose dipped sharply like her mums and most drafty breeds. Her eyes were large, bright and curious. The only thing about her was, she didn't speak. At this age, most foals were uttering words like 'mom' or 'hello' but Astra did not speak. Whisper wasn't sure if she had a delay or if she just wasn't going to. She comprehended words, so it seemed but she just did not say them.

Quickly, Whisper was brought from her thoughts as she caught a new scent on the breeze. She nickered toward Astra, who reluctantly but swiftly made her way over to her taking her place under her giant wings hidden from the view of others. Only two eyes peeking from behind the mares giant primary flight feathers as she assessed the new comer. Who was this odd hued unicorn and what on the earth was riding on her back puffing smoke? Whisper decided to wait and see what the mare did. Something about her reeked of power... and she didn't want to be on the wrong end of that horn, especially with a new life to care for.

As she waited to see if the unicorn mare was lost, she heard a voice break the silence. Whisper's auds flicked in her direction. Chat? Was she member enough of this herd now to chat? She had yet to meet any Kings or Queens here at all. Was this a ruler of these lands? She pondered as she watched. Moments later another, much smaller mare (whom reminded her slightly of Brisa) emerged from the shadows and greeted the mare and beast. 'Ophelia' she said hushed and to herself. She had no idea who this unicorn mare was, but the grey, duo horned unicorn mare did and addressed her as such. Apparently, from the sounds of it, she had been gone a long while herself. So this new presence in these lands, drew out even those who had vanished from the center of the herd? Ophelia must be someone important. She cataloged this mare into her brain as she watched the grey mare shift, her odd scars on her mouth making Whisper a tad bit... uneasy.

Just as Whisper was about to move her and Astra closer, two more came from the shadows. This time a stallion whom looked to be a bit shorter than Whisper but still a hair taller than the red dipped maned unicorn mare called Ophelia. He was black and looked slightly draft, perhaps a touch of something in his lines. His horn was white, a striking contrast to his coat and jutted a short ways out of a marking on his dial. It was not magnificent, for it was broken off close to the base and jagged. She wondered what on earth the stud had been though, and the duo horned mare for both of them to have broken, jagged horns. He seemed to be as new as the first mare, Ophelia to these lands. He spoke of a dragon and Whisper guessed that was what was on the mares back. Dragon... I have heard of those but had never seen one. She took in the splendor of the sleeping beast and wondered how the white unicorn had found such a thing. Inhaling deeply she made her way closer, keeping Astra hidden and close to her body.

The second mare had come right after the stallion. She was almost as tall as the unicorn Ophilia and about as much shorted than the stallion, than the stallion was to Whisper. Her coat was a beautiful deep red splashed on white and she too, had a horn. It was very long and jutted full length before her gracefully. She spoke and addressed herself as Anzanie. Whisper watched her as she proclaimed her titled to the herd, wondering how she had gone about getting that title if she were new. No, Whisper wasn't at all jealous of the mare - she was just wondering if she herself could be of any use. Shifting she decided to move closer and chat.

As she walked slowly forward she had the sensation to run away from here and find Tembovu. He would know all of these people, right? She shook her dial softly. No. She was able bodied. She had regained her strength after her horrid birthing experience and she could endure this -maybe this would help her learn about this place she now called home. Maybe, she could meet the leads or at least get a little information. Inhaled again, she nodded to each of the three in respect. She was the tallest yet to stand among them, she felt out of place with her wings as each of them had a horn. She grinned at that thought and parted her ashen lips to introduce herself to everyone. "Hello to each of you. I am Whisper" she paused and moved her wing a tad, Astra sticking her nose and face out from between her feathers "And this is my daughter Astra".

She relaxed a bit, as not to seem too odd as she had walked over on her own free will. Astra pushed her wing away and stood in the  open, by her side and peered up at each of them in a curious way. Softly Whisper nuzzled her back, Astra standing in front of her legs now watching the giant horns gleaming in the sun. Whisper softly spoke once more "I call these lands home now, thanks to Tembovu. Are any of you the leads? I have yet to meet anyone as I have been here a short while" she said, somewhat reserved. She was so focused on taking care of Astra, she hadn't even thought she could have left to find the center of the herd and introduce herself to the leads.... She stood there, relaxed as she watched the others and wondered, just how many would show for this chat with Ophelia.

OCC: A nervous nelly is she.
Tags: 

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The cry for a meeting comes from the lips of an unfamiliar mare - the ironheart does not recognise it, and for a moment wonders if either of her kings have been usurped by a woman. Unlikely, but all the same Nyx's curiosity draws her towards the summons, her stride brisk and ground-devouring. Dominus stampedes along beside her, and the long, coarse hairs of his mane tickle her legs as their tandem strides draw them in perfect motion beside one another.

Others have beaten her here, and the silver does not recognise many of them. There's a grey with two horns and a clown's smile; a white-horned stallion, a paint who declares herself a newly-promoted crafter, and a pegasus mare with a babe nestled close to her breast. The woman who called the meeting possesses almost pearly white fur with crimson tips, and a silver dragon nestling upon her back. Nyx recognises her from the God fights, but couldn't place a name to her if she tried. Her ears pivot idly to pick up the snippets of conversation, including introductions from most of those present. The silver remains silent, waiting her turn, whilst Dominus settles himself by one of her forelegs and shoots dark glares at the rest of the gathered Edge-ians.

When the others fall silent, the silver begins. "I am Nyx, one of the herd's warriors." At a stacatto rumble from her forelegs, she adds as an afterthought; "And my companion is Dominus." Satisfied, the lion tickles the underside of her chest with the tuft on the end of his tail, then proceeds to eject each hooked talon in turn and clean the sheath of it. Every movement he makes is calculated, yet performed with the sheer lazy arrogance that only a feline can project.

Nyx's attention shifts to the pale mare with the dragon and the red highlights. "I recognize you from the God fights." If the grey remembers correctly, she'd attacked the Moon Goddess during the wolf fight, one of the several who had turned on the murder-happy deity. Brave, if a little stupid - in Nyx's eyes, trying to slay a God is about as useful as trying to make a stone jump up and dance the tango.

SOMEDAY WE MAY SEE A WOMAN KING, SWORD IN HAND, SWING AT SOME EVIL AND BLEED

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara
A somewhat familiar voice had caught the golden mare's attention, an acquaintance she had met in the Threshold some weeks ago when she had first begun to try and revive her self-confidence. Nervously, Jahzara pondered over whether or not she should follow the voice offering to chat with the members of the World's Edge. The mare (Ophelia, was it?) wasn't a Queen of the Edge as far as the golden girl new, and it wasn't one of the Kings calling for their attention. So would there really be any weight to the call? 'Oh, let's just go already. You gotta get more friends, girl. I can only do so much!' The voice of her favorite hallucination and best friend teased her in her ears, a stout purple pony that barely stood at her knees appearing before her, visible only to Jahzara.

With a sassy swish of her fuzzy tail, Lily began to march towards the gathering of horses, automatically expecting Jahzara to follow. Which, of course, she did. As they cleared around some of the final trees, Jahzara was surprised to see that almost every one of the strangers were unicorns. That fact alone made her nervous little heart skip a beat, remembering that some unicorns weren't so friendly towards others of different species. But the sight of a large winged mare calmed that fear just a bit, reminding her that she had met one of the Kings already. Torleik and Elsa had found her during her breakdown in the Winter. They were kindly, and renewed Jahzara's hope for feeling at home in the Edge once more, reviving her desire to feel like she was in a family once again. Due to her blind side, Jahzara nearly missed the young filly that had pushed past her mother, nearly toppling into her.

'Jay, watch out!' Jahzara jumped at Lily's warning, backing up a few steps and craning her head around to see with her good eye. "Oh, I'm so sorry little one. I didn't see you there." The golden vixen dipped her muzzle apologetically to the filly, then to the filly's mother, her heart twinging with the memories of her own son and the days of motherhood. Oh, how she missed being a mother. Who would have known it would suit the child-minded mare so much. Turning her crown back to a more comfortable position, Jahzara watched each of the fellow herd members introduce themselves, surprised to see that the majority of them were fairly new. When it was her turn to speak, Jahzara tucked her chin shyly to her chest. "Hello, I-I am Jahzara, former Specter. Though, I don't know what they call the position now...Welcome newcomers, I hope you feel at home here." She wasn't even sure of how to introduce herself as a common mare, not after all the ranks suddenly received new names based off of a strange language. The sudden language barrier did nothing to help her feel at home, why did so many changes need to happen?

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
She was hideous. The pale maiden was beyond exasperation. Pain caused teeth to grit as nasty looking boils bubbled and popped on her naked skin. Her tail lashed back and forth as she heard the summons. No, no, no. She could not go to her first herd meeting looking like.. like this! Some kind of disgusting ooze ran down her sides, for Moon's sake!

Nuray briefly recalled seeing horses with grotesque boils such as these at the enchanting labyrinth her wonderful Moon had summoned. By her glorious side and those of her new herd she had fought. While she did not regret fighting the tainted God by her Goddess' side she cursed herself for getting so close to the diseased.

Slowly she crept forward, each step causing pain to rush over her bodice. The dual horned unicorn could not let others of the herd - those she had yet to meet - see her under these conditions. Still she did not want to disobediently act like she had not heard the call. So she stuck to the shadows of the meeting. Heaven forbid she infect anyone else with this illness. Quietly she prayed to the Moon Goddess before glancing at the gathered horses.

The mare whom had summoned the meeting was an extravagant white with what looked like a pristine, clean coat. Nuray nodded in satisfaction. It didn't take long for more to gather and - oh Goddess! - there was a foal! She took a few steps back. There was no way she could infect such a young filly with something like this.

As she listened intently, mind absorbing the info presented to her, she swallowed down the bitter bile of pain that gathered in her throat. From the safety blanket of the shadows she managed regain her composure and call out with words of silk, "I am also a newcomer to these lands, albeit I already feel much at home in the herd my Goddess smiles upon. My name is Nuray."

"Talk?"

@Random Event due to BFB
image credits

Tournesol Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Alone among the trees and shrubbery, silence expect the songs of bird and her hooves on the soil as she explores this new place she now calls home. It was important to her to know get to know her surroundings and possibly meet someone along the way. Tembovu had to depart for his other responsibilities and was glad that he had left her to her own devices. She didn’t like to be babied despite her young age, besides at the time she needed rest and time to recuperate.

Today was the first day she felt strong and rested enough to journey around the land. Tournesol regained her little bounce back in her step, excited to begin her new life here with a clean slate and hopefully be a valuable member of this herd. Once she found her place in it that is.

On her travels, she heard a faint call out to others, unfamiliar, but it was to be expected, she hadn’t met a single soul beside Tembovu yet. She flicked her long dirt brown tail, tossing it to the other side of her body nervously. She wasn’t great at meeting others, it was rather known in her past, that she always seemed to make an awkward impression. However, she took a deep breath, it was time she needed to meet someone, she needed to acquaint herself with the people she would be living with.

As she approached, she could hear other voices. This must be a meeting…Great, more members to look like a fool in front of. Anxiety building inside her.

Nevertheless, she calmly walked up and joined the others. She had hoped maybe Tembovu would be there, make her more comfortable in this very awkward situation for her, but to no avail he wasn’t.

Tournesol had reached the group and silently took a large breath before she too introduced herself, “Hello everyone. I am also new,” she was glad she wasn’t the only one that didn’t others in this meeting, “I am Tournesol. I’ve only been here for about a day or so, it’s a pleasure to meet others apart of this herd.”

Whew! Not bad, hopefully it would continue to go smoothly, but she shouldn’t count on it.

Speech

NOTES;; --
TAG;; @--
image credits

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
A soft voice, carrying remarkably well for it’s volume, interrupted the Glazier’s work at the wall. Though he was merely cleaning scraps of glass (an endless job), it always eased his mind to keep busy. The voice was vaguely familiar— he had heard it before, but had not properly met it’s owner. Though the image of Torliek’s sad eyed, lovely woman floated through his mind. Was her name Odella? Cornelia? Olivia? No, none of those sounded right. Damn, he couldn’t recall when he had heard her name- probably while fighting the rift gods.

Still mulling over the pale and crimson woman’s name, he slowly plodded towards the sound, coming upon an already gathering group of herdmates. He recognized quite a few of them, causing a surprising amount of warmth to spread through his barrel. Nyx, the striking warrior who graced him with her athletic talents when he so greatly needed it. He lopsidedly grinned a greeting to her.

He nodded to Anzanie, a crafter so helpful and eager to better the Edge. Cursorily he checked her hide for rub marks from the cart. They had been careful, but he wanted to be certain. He smiled warmly to Whisper and Astra, eyes resting on the filly for a few moments. He raised his brows at Entia, for he hadn’t known the stallion had chosen the Edge has his home? Though, with brows still raised, he bumped his shoulder against his in greeting as he passed the handsome devil. He continued on, grinning a hello at Tournesol as he passed her.

Remorse and concern passed over his face as he took in Nuray and her boils. Mauja might know how to get her healed— though now was not the time for him to mention such things. The floor belonged to— “Ophelia,” her name burst from his lips in his deep rumble as he finally remembers her name. Grinning an apology for his outburst, he continues, “I am Tembovu, I don’t think we’ve properly met.” He stops near her, though still among the throng of gather equines. “I enjoy gathering,” he bobs his head in affirmation of his slightly jesting statement, “So what’ll we chat about?” His question is aimed not only to the pale princess, but to the gathering at large.
Tembovu

ooc| He mentioned everyone he knows, but only directly interacted with @Entia and @Ophelia

Please tag Tembovu.

Rowtag Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The copper beast slipped through the mist, walking with cat like elegance, slinking through the shadows of the forest. Ever since arriving in Helovia he had wanted to explore, to soak up the knowledge of the land and uncover its secrets. So what better place to start than with his new home?

He did not shy from the crowd that had gathered around the white unicorn whom had called the meeting to order; but he hung back watching as creatures of all shapes and sizes came to assemblance, wishing to observe unseen a while longer. Whilst his intentions had been on observing the curiosities for equines that approached, they could not distract him from the creature whom sat upon the back of the alabaster mare, no matter how strange their appearance.

Rowtag’s hooves carried him forward blindly, bright eyes transfixed on the sleeping silver reptile. It was certainly no ordinary lizard but he wasn't exactly surprised— he had just found out that horses could fly. It would certainly take a lot more than an over sized lizard to wow him now. And whilst he was still a ways away he was able to catch a black brute's words—'Dragon'.

He had lied. Apparently winged horses weren’t the most exciting/shocking new experience to grace his life.

A dragon? But they weren't real— myths perhaps, legends from old, but a real dragon? It was impossible, he must have been in some kind of illusion, for surely it couldn't be real. (And weren’t dragons supposed to be...well giant?) Yet there one was taking a nap on the back of a unicorn! Rowtag blinked furiously and rubbed his eyes against his legs before checking and confirming that what he saw was no dream. By now his feet had taken him into the midst of the group and his ears swiveled about as each individual introduced themselves. He didn’t know why he bothered! How was he supposed to learn names when there was a dragon, a real dragon meters away!? Luckily, it seemed as though his brain had acquired some kind of autopilot. As if on cue, his own name slipped from his tongue, “Rowtag, new as well…”  

His own rough voice rang in his ears, enough to bring him back to attention. With a quick shake of his head, he was ready to push the dragon aside or at least out of his thoughts for a few minutes whilst he studied his new herd mates. But compared to the dragon, they were down right boring for the little chestnut brute. He made a quick mental note to ask the one they called Ophelia about her dozing companion some other time whilst he poorly attempted to draw his wandering mind back to the conversation.

OOC: Mentions Ophelia and Tinek also briefly Entia. Here to learn some history and spy school!

i'm headed straight for the castle
they've got the kingdom locked up

image credits

Ruairi Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Ruairi

A feminine voice rings clear through the forest, calling all World’s Edge members. I don’t know the voice, but I’m new here and I’m not sure how many horses live within the herd to begin with, so that’s no surprise.

I’ve only actually met with two Edge residents so far: my personal tour guide Nyx and the co-leader Mauja, but both of them were very welcoming and I do want to meet others now that I intend to stay for a while. So I shuffle forward, enthusiasm rushing my normally slow, sweeping steps into a ground covering rack, knees lifting just a touch higher and quicker than normal, until I reach the very edge of the gathering and halt with ears cupped forward.

There are just so many unfamiliar figures, all scattered around piles of rubble that dot the small clearing, each one vying to give their personal greeting to the unicorn in the center of the commotion - who I don’t know either but seems to be very well known among the group. The rush of excitement I’d felt earlier wilts to a painful anxiety. Everyone here seems older than me and there’s only one other Pegasus that I can see. Thankfully I recognize a flash of silver among the reds and blacks and golds and rush forward to hover uncertainly at Nyx’s side.

OOC: Mentioned @Nyx because SOCIALLYAWKWARD

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE HELD TOGETHER THE FRAGILE SKY TO KEEP OUR WAY OF LIFE

Naerys had been wandering as she usually did, though today she remained within the borders of the Edge. A rather rare occurrence lately. She'd given her mother cause enough to worry so with a reluctant sigh, the brown and white girl drifted through the misty trees. The depth of her memories, however, lends little excitement to the task. Boredom weighs heavily on the young girl and for a moment she contemplates leaping from the cliffs to soar out above the ocean - a risky maneuver to be sure, especially with her flying skills still needing some fine-tuning. Despite the dangers, the pull is strong until a soft voice drifts towards her; tugging her attention elsewhere and giving her a new purpose.

The girl turns rather abruptly, changing her course within seconds on her long, slender legs. Teal eyes search for bodies in the mist, ears swivel to listen for voices. It becomes rather quickly evident that others had reacted more quickly or had been closer to the mare that had called because other voices carry across the mists to her - many of which she didn't know. As she drew near, however, his deep chestnut form catches her eye. Her teal eyes lock onto him, her hooves stepping more carefully than they had before. The girl inches closer before hiding herself in the shadows of the trees just outside the clearing at the same moment that he steps forward. He seems different, almost mesmerized. For a moment, her little heart sinks - thinking that one of the mares in the group had garnered such a reaction out of him - but when her own gaze drifts to the silver dragon on Ophelia's back, a wide smile curves her soft lips. If he thought flying horses was strange, then surely seeing a dragon could cause him to react that way?

Giggling softly to herself, hardly audible above the inhaling and exhaling of her breath, the girl slips through the trees on quiet and careful hooves. Naerys circles around behind Rowtag then proceeds forward as quietly as she can and simply slides to a stop beside on his left side. She is careful with her spacing, keeping enough distance between them that he wouldn't be oddly alerted to her presence. Keeping her eyes forward and on the pale mare, she opens her right wing with the intent of bumping Rowtag's side. With humor lighting her already bright eyes, the girl composes herself and successfully holds back her laughter and inevitable 'What's the matter? Dragon got your tongue?' that would come later... in private. "Naerys." she says confidently, her voice still sweet as it usually was. "Daughter of Alysanne, one of the moon doctors." she concludes, finally allowing her gaze to drift over the sea of unfamiliar faces. There were many that she didn't know. So many that she almost pressed herself closer to Rowtag's side. Almost. She resisted for now, driven by the need to appear older, more self-sufficient.

She needed to be seen as a mare, not a filly. Especially by him.

N A E R Y S
Image Credits

[haha, sorry she's being awkward! xD Directly mentions/interacts with @Rowtag but also vaguely mentions everyone else.]

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

Iona had spent a fair amount of time attempting to get acquainted with her new home.  It was certainly a change from what she had grown accustomed to, but she wasn’t about to complain. She had her family back.  She had Alysanne back – and an adorable niece she didn’t even know she had but loved dearly already.  

Iona wasn’t stupid enough to shirk the potential that this place offered.  There was real opportunity here.  All the pieces were in play for her to build a new life for herself – one just as meaningful as the one she had left behind.  Having purpose again – and having her family back – breathed new life into the painted warrior.  She felt the years melt away as the wind whipped over her wings and she gazed down at the high cliffs of the Edge from the air.

The painted Pegasus had already surveyed the Edge thoroughly from above – as such was her habit.  Even though she was still foreign to this place, she wasn’t going to let the lands be foreign to her for any moment longer than necessary.  The mists, of course, complicated things and it took more than one day to get a good aerial picture of the Edge.

She had started to commit familiar shapes to memory – but she was only familiar with King Queen Mauja, her twin, and Naerys as far as the populace went.  When she spotted a gathering from above, she decided that there was no time like the present to take inventory of the Edge’s citizens.  She made her way to the ground quickly and folded her great wings across her back, landing far enough away from the others not to disturb them but still close enough to see.  She picked Naerys out of the crowd and couldn’t help but smile wryly at the girl’s antics.  It was obvious that the girl didn’t want to be a girl.  It’d be easy to ruffle her feathers, but Iona wasn’t willing to push her buttons in front of such a large group.  She smoothly inserted herself amongst the group of largely unfamiliar figures – her green eyes flicking smoothly between the gathering before finally offering her name.  “Iona,” she said simply, with a small dip of her head.  She could say more about her relations in the herd, or her ambitions, or ask any number of questions – but for the time being Iona’s more interested to wait and see what comes of the meeting than fill the silence with her own voice.  

I O N A

image credits 

"Hi, my name is Iona. I'm socially awkward!" :|

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
It was far past time for Alysanne to reacquaint herself with the herd, to dig back in. The arrival of Iona had sparked some life back into her, as terrible as it felt to admit that being a mother again had not. But Naerys brought forth a flood of complicated emotions. Affection was always primary, of course. Perhaps she should not keeping putting off an inevitable reunion with Miykael - it could serve to sort some things out.

But her attention was diverted from such personal dilemmas when a call went forth across the Edge. At this point, she probably would have followed anyone - she had sought solace in solitude for far too long and it would feel good to be surrounded by a group again, right?

Though she felt shy at the sight of the rather sizable group, she spied Iona and the relief was instant. The pegasus moved more quickly then, excusing herself around bodies until she was at the familiar side once more. She touched her twin lightly on the neck with her muzzle, a soft smile playing on her face. It died, momentarily, when she spied Naerys standing close to a strange stallion. She’d quirk an eyebrow if she had one. Who was he?

But there would be time to interrogate her daughter later. 

Although she remembered the white and red unicorn from the meetings after the invasion, she wasn’t entirely sure that proper introductions had been made. Better to make sure. Another smile grew then and she dipped her head to the meeting-maker. “Hello Ophelia, I don’t know if we’ve officially met but my name is Alysanne, I’m one of the healers.” She hadn’t arrived in time to hear that Naerys had just mentioned more or less the same thing. With so many gathered, she was curious about what would be discussed. Far better to feel curious than useless. 

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit

#familytime
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries