I spy with my little eye...

Whisper Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I want to swim away but don't know how
Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
Let the waves up and take me down
Let the hurricane set in motion

Whisper had been here but mere days and had fallen into the shadows of the land to watch the others. She wasn't set on mingling right off. Tembovu had brought her here but had duties outside taking care of her, and he was not her mate. He was a cherished friend but she understood he had a life outside of her and who was she to beg him to stay near by. Never the less, the feeling of unease had returned to her as soon as the giant had slipped from her view. It wasn't herself she was concerned with - it was Astra. Astra had no wings and even if she did, she was too new to this earth to use them. Whisper watched the little filly flit about in her own little world of play, stopping to nurse on occasion and then rip off into the open field before her mum. Whisper took in such joy as she watched her daughter. Butterflies were Astra's absolute favorite little thing ever and it was sweet to watch her canter behind them and softly puff them into the air with her breath.

Astra was beautiful to watch. Her bone frame was thick but thinner than her mothers was at this age signifying her fathers side - shire but long boned in the legs. Her face had the slightest dish just in the middle and then her nose dipped sharply like her mums and most drafty breeds. Her eyes were large, bright and curious. The only thing about her was, she didn't speak. At this age, most foals were uttering words like 'mom' or 'hello' but Astra did not speak. Whisper wasn't sure if she had a delay or if she just wasn't going to. She comprehended words, so it seemed but she just did not say them.

Quickly, Whisper was brought from her thoughts as she caught a new scent on the breeze. She nickered toward Astra, who reluctantly but swiftly made her way over to her taking her place under her giant wings hidden from the view of others. Only two eyes peeking from behind the mares giant primary flight feathers as she assessed the new comer. Who was this odd hued unicorn and what on the earth was riding on her back puffing smoke? Whisper decided to wait and see what the mare did. Something about her reeked of power... and she didn't want to be on the wrong end of that horn, especially with a new life to care for.

As she waited to see if the unicorn mare was lost, she heard a voice break the silence. Whisper's auds flicked in her direction. Chat? Was she member enough of this herd now to chat? She had yet to meet any Kings or Queens here at all. Was this a ruler of these lands? She pondered as she watched. Moments later another, much smaller mare (whom reminded her slightly of Brisa) emerged from the shadows and greeted the mare and beast. 'Ophelia' she said hushed and to herself. She had no idea who this unicorn mare was, but the grey, duo horned unicorn mare did and addressed her as such. Apparently, from the sounds of it, she had been gone a long while herself. So this new presence in these lands, drew out even those who had vanished from the center of the herd? Ophelia must be someone important. She cataloged this mare into her brain as she watched the grey mare shift, her odd scars on her mouth making Whisper a tad bit... uneasy.

Just as Whisper was about to move her and Astra closer, two more came from the shadows. This time a stallion whom looked to be a bit shorter than Whisper but still a hair taller than the red dipped maned unicorn mare called Ophelia. He was black and looked slightly draft, perhaps a touch of something in his lines. His horn was white, a striking contrast to his coat and jutted a short ways out of a marking on his dial. It was not magnificent, for it was broken off close to the base and jagged. She wondered what on earth the stud had been though, and the duo horned mare for both of them to have broken, jagged horns. He seemed to be as new as the first mare, Ophelia to these lands. He spoke of a dragon and Whisper guessed that was what was on the mares back. Dragon... I have heard of those but had never seen one. She took in the splendor of the sleeping beast and wondered how the white unicorn had found such a thing. Inhaling deeply she made her way closer, keeping Astra hidden and close to her body.

The second mare had come right after the stallion. She was almost as tall as the unicorn Ophilia and about as much shorted than the stallion, than the stallion was to Whisper. Her coat was a beautiful deep red splashed on white and she too, had a horn. It was very long and jutted full length before her gracefully. She spoke and addressed herself as Anzanie. Whisper watched her as she proclaimed her titled to the herd, wondering how she had gone about getting that title if she were new. No, Whisper wasn't at all jealous of the mare - she was just wondering if she herself could be of any use. Shifting she decided to move closer and chat.

As she walked slowly forward she had the sensation to run away from here and find Tembovu. He would know all of these people, right? She shook her dial softly. No. She was able bodied. She had regained her strength after her horrid birthing experience and she could endure this -maybe this would help her learn about this place she now called home. Maybe, she could meet the leads or at least get a little information. Inhaled again, she nodded to each of the three in respect. She was the tallest yet to stand among them, she felt out of place with her wings as each of them had a horn. She grinned at that thought and parted her ashen lips to introduce herself to everyone. "Hello to each of you. I am Whisper" she paused and moved her wing a tad, Astra sticking her nose and face out from between her feathers "And this is my daughter Astra".

She relaxed a bit, as not to seem too odd as she had walked over on her own free will. Astra pushed her wing away and stood in the  open, by her side and peered up at each of them in a curious way. Softly Whisper nuzzled her back, Astra standing in front of her legs now watching the giant horns gleaming in the sun. Whisper softly spoke once more "I call these lands home now, thanks to Tembovu. Are any of you the leads? I have yet to meet anyone as I have been here a short while" she said, somewhat reserved. She was so focused on taking care of Astra, she hadn't even thought she could have left to find the center of the herd and introduce herself to the leads.... She stood there, relaxed as she watched the others and wondered, just how many would show for this chat with Ophelia.

OCC: A nervous nelly is she.
Tags: 

Messages In This Thread
I spy with my little eye... - by Ophelia - 09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Glasgow - 09-21-2015, 08:02 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Entia - 09-21-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Anzanie - 09-23-2015, 06:02 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Whisper - 09-23-2015, 07:09 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nyx - 09-23-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Jahzara - 09-24-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Nuray - 09-25-2015, 02:48 AM
RE: I spy with my little eye... - by Tournesol - 09-26-2015, 12:11 AM