the Rift

[PRIVATE] when you were the savior

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
The burning embarrassment mollified slightly at her velvet-lipped caresses along his neck. The dampness on her muzzle mingled with the sweat on his hide, a sensual melding that pulled at his desire— but also rekindled his shame’s flame. “Temb, love, what are you sorry for?” He still did not, could not, meet her eyes, despite feeling the pleading brush of her own beautiful cerulean pools along his face. A deep breath expands his massive chest, “I’ve never… not finished… Or not been able to… satisfy my woman…” The halting, humiliated rumble faded to nothing between on the mirror of the Flats. But he did not look down— he did not want to see his reflection. Their reflection.

A princess and an Elephant, so odd a pair. Drawn to each other like moths to a flame, yet burning each other alive with their lust. It was too much, this was too much. He shouldn’t have succumbed to his need for her. Too much had happened today: the battle, his wounds, her hallucinations and healing. Now, his impotence. This was his fault.

”You did what I asked for…” Had he? Her words broke through his spiraling thoughts, as they always did. His blue eyes, lightened from their previous passionate darkness, finally shifted to his gilded princess. They skirted her probing gaze, instead drifting over the many marks he had left on her neck. At first glance, the merest trappings of satisfaction bloomed in his barrel. She was his, and it was plain for any stallion see, stamped on her beautiful neck with his teeth. The gold and cream of her hide gleamed over the red love-bites.

But, on close inspection, his eyes found her puffy red withers, where he had bitten down so hard the moment his mind had rebelled on him and their sensual actions. Guilt flooded him, drowning his short-lived triumph of marking her as his. Slowly his muzzle stretched out, lips hovering and barely tracing the swelling, porcelain skin. Warm breath gently breathed over the blossoming bruise, “I did as you asked— as I wanted— but now look at this,” his low voice was quiet, nearly beaten.

He took his head away from her shoulders, away from her. Fear stirred in him, feeding on the shame and guilt. He didn’t perform for her, he marked her, and her mind turned him into a monster of her past. What was left for them? Did she still want him?

Finally, finally, his shaken blue gaze met her own, filled with silent questions.
Tembovu

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I could feel his chest move with each breath he took; the heat bounding off of him and from me as well, colliding in the already hot climate of the Flats. But when he spoke, I just shook my head. I lipped at his neck a little bit more, trying my best to fix his frustration and upset. But at this point, he couldn’t look at me and I began to withdraw from him. I recoiled back into myself for mere moments, trying to figure out a way to respond to him. “We’ve become a bit caught up in our desire for one another. I’m not upset, Temb. I’ll be honest, we’ve been quite… active, lately. I’m not offended by it. I’m sure we’ll be able to do it again at some point and be able to please each other.” I searched for his eyes, a smile clinging to my lips until he moved his head over my back, over the little love bites he had graced my porcelain skin with; still avoiding my gaze.

My smile faded and skin twitched with the velvet touch of his lips. His voice grew withdrawn and nearly broken. I searched for his eyes again, but he pulled away from me. Blue eyes searching with hope and longing just to see his sapphire ones. Ears flickering backward from annoyance. “You did as I asked, as you wanted, but now look at me.” I said in almost a copied broken tone. And then he looked back at me, eyes reaching mine and grasping them. I felt a fire ignite within me I never had felt before. And with that, I pushed into him, pressing my body firmly against his, trying to take in as much of my elephant as I could. “Look at me, my Elephant. This is a look of love. There will be ups and downs with it. I’m okay with this. Are you?” I questioned, blue eyes full of a full flickering light. A light that belonged to him with every ounce.

I wished he would just admit to the fact that it was okay to not perform. That it happened. That I had been roughed up worse in previous years while I was on the run. But in order to make him feel better, I refrained from saying that last part. I realized I didn’t want to cause more hurt in comparing him to the other stallions. But there was something different from Temb that I never had experienced with other stallions. And that was how much love came from him in every moment of every second I stood next to him. That was something you couldn’t replace. Yet, it was something he still couldn’t see and I had no idea how to make him see it.

"Talk?"
rexanna
And from the minute that the line got drawn,
I couldn't see straight to you for nothing.

@Tembovu
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

“I’m not upset, Temb.” Despite these being the words that he wanted, needed to hear, they were only balm to his burns, they did not heal them. They did not reassure. Black-rimmed ears twitch as her voice mimics his words, broken and vehement all encased in a velvet voice that was his undoing. He saw the fire leap from her voice to her eyes, and suddenly—

Suddenly she was there. Warm, soft body pushing into his hot, hard chest. Persistently shoving back his doubts, his fears. Silken coat a golden salve to his self-inflicted wounds. Instinctively he moulded his hard body around her, taking her into his embrace as much as she was holding him. He both heard and felt her words, atoning for his actions as her slender barrel vibrated them through his chest.

”This is the look of love.” His ears tilted back as his eyes closed, squeezing shut against the nearly painful rush of heat that filled him at her words. “I’m okay with this.” His thick neck curved, pulling her in tightly, feeling the visceral pull of wanting to believe her words so very badly. “Are you?” His lips unknowingly traced a welt on her neck as her words ripped through him.

His shut eyes did not see her light blue gaze, but he could feel their lightness on his face. Slowly, his dark blue eyes reappear from beneath black lids, and he unclenched a jaw he had not known he clamped shut. His muzzle parted to speak, but his throat was trapped by the rush of heat that had filled him when she spoke.

So his lips shut for a moment, his eyes stately closely, intimately, into hers. Reaching out, his muzzle traced the crest of her cheek, mere whispers on her face. “Yes, I’m okay with this,” quietly, huskily, his heartfelt words managed to travel across lovely skin.

Come what may, they would make it because this was the look of love.
Tembovu

@Rexanna I don't want this to end ;-; but I think it's wrapping up. /cries since they're no longer lovey-dovey/

Please tag Tembovu.

He stayed rigid for mere moments as I waited to see how he would react to the honest truth. Something I was trying to get better at saying more often. It only really seemed to be for him that I could say it, and if he was the only one I was honest with; I was okay with it. He melted with my touch, and he pulled me further into him. I could feel a tension in the air as he brushed by my bruises. I wanted him to see the fact that I really began to feel more for him than I ever had before. I wanted him to know that it terrified me since he knew I had never felt something like this before. Did he remember that? How would I get him to realize it?

As I pulled away from him, he had shut his eyes, avoiding my gaze for mere moments before those beautiful sapphires for eyes he had. He appeared to relax, but still said nothing. I yearned for him to at least utter a word. Was he okay with it or was he not? If he wasn't, what more could I do here? I did everything I could to try and make him see and he still wasn't seeing it. My lips pursed momentarily before he reached his muzzle out to mine. My heart lept and bounded around my chest as I reached for him as well. Feeling the velveteen whiskers brush across my cheek, feeling his breath pour out onto me in a heat of what I hoped to me acceptance. I closed my eyes, pressing my face ever so gently into him.

"Yes, I'm okay with this."

I felt a weight lift from my shoulders. Pressing into him more, I reached up to brush my cheek against his, hoping that he would move his head down ever so slightly to help me reach him better. The height difference made it difficult at times to show him exactly what I was feeling, but I wouldn't change him in any way. A smile found its way onto my lips as I felt the wind rake through my mane briefly. As if the world was finally happy to see us finally admit it. "I love you, Tembovu." A near breathless whisper across his cheek. Hoping that he loved me too.

"Talk?"
rexanna

@Tembovu

The smallest of grins crosses his face as the brief, frustrated purse of her lips at him. She was fighting for them, and it was not only endearing, but also arousing. Not in a sexual sense, but in a passionate, moving sense. Her satin cheek brushed against the short, rough coat on his own. And, as her body asked him to, he lowered his head and leaned his face into her caress. He watched closely as a smile found her lips, lighting face, and making her cerulean eyes glow. If you had asked the man if she could have gotten any more beautiful than that moment, he would have told you ‘no.’

But he would have been wrong.

Because she became incandescently exquisite to him as her next few words whispered like silken ribbons from her velvet lips. “I love you, Tembovu.” Though she had confessed to love before this moment, there was more weight, more meaning, in the statement, after all that had transpired on the Flats. A smile, warm and intimate, grew on his broad muzzle, melting any remaining doubt in his navy eyes. “And I love you, my golden Rexanna.”

His wounds, and her own, were brought to the forefront of his attention as his lips returned to her skin and found the brightly bruised bridge of her nose. They both needed to see healers… from their respective herds. He didn’t want to leave her warmth and softness. Thoughts of walking her to the Basin swirled in his brain, but quickly died before they fully formed. Though he did not want to leave her, in the face of all that had happened on the Flats, he was not sure he could part ways with her at the border of the Basin. The place that, to him, had created so many of their problems, of their pain. Perhaps his blame was misplaced, but it was easier to condemn a racist herd with known liars and manipulators than point a finger at either himself or the woman he loved.

“I think it is time you sought a healer for your bruises, and I one for my head.” Despite the call for action his his words, his tone were as reluctant and the slow steps he began to take away from his gilded woman. He glanced vaguely in the direction of the Edge, before returning his eyes to hers.
Tembovu

ooc| and fin ;-; start new thread asap, pls? @Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

"And I love you, my golden Rexanna."

That was all it took to make my world stop. I didn't want this moment to end, I felt elated and ready to burst with pride and excitement. He smiled to me and I smiled back, heart racing with happiness that I had never felt before. Is this what it felt like? Every day? To look at the one you love and realize that you chose each other? To realize that you were lucky to have the person in your life? To have them in your heart? I felt the luckiest, accepting and full of joy at the idea that the Elephant stallion was mine. I felt like my chest could burst with the amount of pressure from everything I felt, but I kept on a cool face. He felt another one of my bruises that lined my face, but the amount of emotion flooding through my being, I didn't feel a single thing aside from his velveteen touch. But when he spoke, my smile faltered. I hoped to see him again soon and not at a battle such as this. I wished to see him every day, forever. To be there with him, but we each owed it to our herds to do our jobs. So with that, I nodded in agreement to him - albeit reluctantly.

"Don't be a stranger, Temb." I smiled to him, winking to him in a loving way before I pulled away from his embrace slowly and turned my being to the left side of him and looked ahead for the Basin. Hoping the direction I was headed in was the right way, still unfamiliar with the land of the Flats. I began to walk from him, but couldn't help but to keep glancing back at my Elephant stag, heart yearning to be by his side, but knowing I couldn't - at least not now. It was enough to break my heart if it weren't for the blood rush I felt that seemed to blow my heart up like a balloon, incapable of breaking it in the slightest. The least it could do is make me long for him more, making our reunion that much sweeter.

"Talk?"
rexanna

@Tembovu

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;-; its over ;-;