the Rift

[PRIVATE] bring back the sun

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

It kind of knocked the breath out of me when Mesec said that his sister hadn't made it out of the Labyrinth. I had seen her. I had been right there, had smelled her blood, heard her cries, saw everyone rushing to help her when it was too late. I had wished, right then, that I could do something to help her, but I'd only been in the way of those that had magic or some kind of knowledge of healing so I had stepped aside and eventually I had left. Uncle Archi had distracted me only a few minutes later and I had forgotten all about the girl that had been hurt.

"Its hard." I murmured. "But somehow you have to find the strength to pick yourself up and keep moving forward." I hoped, so sincerely, that he wouldn't suffer the same one-two punch that I had with losing my brother then my dad. "It easy, y'know..." I mused, "To just ... give up on everything and let it consume you. To let it take up every minute of your day, keep you from sleeping..." It was depressing to think about because I had gone so far down that path that it had taken me attacking my own brother to shake myself out of it. "You just gotta think about good things, find something else, someone else, like Ophelia or Roskuld." I couldn't help it, as I said Ros' name I smiled a little because she was my best friend and my strength. "Or... maybe a lady in the Throat." I teased a little to lighten the mood and because I had noticed that Mesec often had a mare hanging around him.

“You grew up there too? Strange how we didn’t run into each other if we were both living there. Must’ve kept just missing each other - it’s too bad."

I nodded. "My momma was Chieftess with Aunt Phi." I said. "You probably saw her around. She's dark like me, white legs and hair, red eyes, her horn has a red tip. And she's got a bear marking on her shoulder... her name is Ktulu" It felt so weird saying my mother's name instead of just calling her 'momma'. "Me and Ros used to go everywhere together when we lived in the Foothills. One time she got her head stuck in a tree." And I grinned because even after all the time that passed it was still one of the funniest things I'd ever seen. 

"."

Image Credit

@Mesec

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-22-2015, 10:34 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-23-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-23-2015, 08:44 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Ranjiri - 09-23-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: bring back the sun - by Mesec - 09-27-2015, 07:30 PM