Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

The questions do not come out in a drove of anger as he expected - for that he was thankful. It might have been easy to do so, certainly, but she proved that she was worthy of her title, of his respect, by not flinging accusations his way. Having endured the hot fury of one of the warrioresses from the Throat, it was not an experience that Mesec hoped to invoke twice in his life. Not that the Sultana was being particularly friendly, of course. Megaera’s manner was stiff and as a result, Mesec did not relax. He knew he was going to be completely honest with her, whatever she asked. There was no point in concealing anything now - the large secret he had kept when he had first joined up was in the open now.

Perhaps her speech about family was still fresh in her mind and it was causing her to ask rather than demand, the questions that she asked were logical. He took a moment to gather his thoughts to respond to her because he wanted to know if he could explain to her just how much he wanted to be a part of the family that Gaucho had started here in the Throat, that she was now a protector of. With every season that passed he had more ties here - his brother, foalhood faces, a fellow demi-god, and friends.

He was nervous right down to the core that one wrong answer would result in him being expelled from this family - though he recognized that in some way, that might be best. He had no idea what triggered the transition into a giant wolf in the Labyrinth and until he discovered how to control it, he was a threat. “Yes, Gaucho gave me leave to join. I sought him out upon joining to alert him of my lineage. He told me that her actions were not my fault, I could not choose who my mother is.” Mesec had been told that more than once but it never relieved the burden of guilt from him. He had tried to break the habit, at least, of apologizing. He did love her, that violent mother of his, which made everything so much harder.  

Overhead, Lucius tried to escape the torturous thoughts of his bonded by focusing on the (to him) lesser creature that also took to the sky in circles. A friendly call was given out, signalling that no aggression would come from him either, as he continued to climb in the search of drafts of hot air.

“It is because I have the blood of the moon that I came here. Where better to try and escape the shadow of her murders and her deeds than in the light of the sun? I desired a family and I have friends here and I hoped that perhaps this could be somewhere I’d be welcomed… or at least tolerated. And I thought…” He wasn’t sure if he had mentioned this to Ampere or to Gaucho the day he had joined, the exact thoughts had not been complete then, but there was a compulsion to explain it all to Megaera so that she might understand what had drove him here. “I thought that if I could come here, dedicate myself to the herd so thoroughly affected by my mother, I could begin to make amends for her actions. I had friends here, yes, that helped make my decision to want this as a home but in the end it was because Gaucho was her puppet that brought me here. I know what little services I could provide would be little in repayment but I hoped…” Did that even make any sense?

It took courage to ask a question of his own, fearful as he was about the response as he watched for the Sultana's reaction with sad silver eyes. “Are you uncomfortable with me in this herd, knowing what you do?” She knew about his mother, had she also seen the monster he had turned into? He did not remember the events that had taken place then and so did not remember Gwaihir's attack.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

@Megaera
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
to the principal's office - by Mesec - 09-22-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 10-11-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 10-15-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 11-18-2015, 08:53 PM