the Rift

[OPEN] to the principal's office

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
In years past Megaera would never have expected to find any form of acceptance or margin of forgiveness, even less she would never have imagined how vital they would become. She had meant to build herself into a soldier, a fighter who could stand against any foe and match them in power and prowess. In Dragon’s Throat she had come to know both and in the embrace of those gentle graces had found more strength in what they did for the spirit than could ever hope to be gained by the body. In receiving—and now to giving— she was beginning to truly understand that perhaps the best shield against despair was in having the trust those who already knew you at your worst.

Meg relaxed and drew her wing back to her side when Mesec spilled at her. “I cannot fault you for wanting to protect your family.” And oh, she hoped that when this day was over that 
others would feel the same. When night came she hoped sleep would come and she would not be kept awake because of so many ill judgements in the first meeting she had called as Sultana. In her drive to protect, to act, she had made too many wrong turns: Mesec, Cathun, Ampere… to many bridges had started smoking and she hoped she could put out the sparks before they burned. 

The sentiment that Mesec expressed with  his last sentence warmed her just as it made her lips pull back into wry smile. “I hope you’re not the only one who feels that way. After today I’m not sure…” She sighed, comforted by the bubble of cleared air they had created between them. “I work to be worthy of it, but I can’t seem to stop making a mess of things. A warrior’s instinct doesn’t always seem right way to go nowadays.”

There was more she wanted to address, but she paused a moment. After the little leap in progress their short acquaintance had made, Meg was not eager to accuse or embarrass Mesec, but she still had a concern over some of the events in the Labyrinth. “Their is more I would like to know…” She started, her voice calm but careful. “During the battle, and I admit I didn’t see all but you… you changed. And it’s not the form of it, but you uh…you didn’t seem to be youNot that she had known hime before, but unless he was standing before her now and lying through her teeth, she couldn’t see this stallion going after the little white fill. She had seen it through Gwaihir’s eyes. when the eagle had turned to clear at the black beast, the black beast that was now the stallion standing in front of her. "What happened?”
Megaera the Sunspear
image credits
@Mesec
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
to the principal's office - by Mesec - 09-22-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 10-11-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 10-15-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 11-18-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 12-04-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 12-09-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: to the principal's office - by Blu - 01-24-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 01-31-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 02-03-2016, 08:40 PM