Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

The same relief that he had felt when Najya and Ampere had told him that he hadn’t hurt them crashed into him like a wave. He trusted her, as he had trusted them, to tell him the truth about what had happened. Although it did not completely get rid of his guilt, it did help and he appreciated that more than he could say. He didn’t want to argue further with her but the uncertainty echoed inside of his head. He hadn’t hurt anyone this time, but what if it happened again and he did?

And If it was his mother’s doing. He simultaneously hoped it was and that it wasn’t, wanting to believe his mother wouldn’t use him in such a way. The rest of Helovia, maybe, but not him. He smiled back at her as she reaffirmed their agreement that his mother's actions were not his fault. He didn't know why he had such a hard time shrugging off all of the guilt that was not his. “My mother’s tricks perhaps but it was still my body, however changed, so I think I'll always carry some guilt. However silly that might sound.” Mesec didn't know whether Gaucho had felt the same, whether he carried the guilt of the actions that had been of his body but not his mind. Perhaps it had been easier for the Sultan to shrug off the deeds because it had been the Moon’s doing but he didn’t think that likely. From what he had seen, Gaucho was neither ruthless or uncaring. Surely there had been some weight on his shoulders when he had found out.

Her rejection of his promise surprised Mesec - his resolve disappearing with the shock. He had been convinced that his solution had been the only one, the best one, short of removing himself from the herd right now. But with a few sentences Megaera opened up another option to him. Never so much before this moment did Mesec actually feel like a part of the family here in the Throat. With Megaera’s words his silver eyes found hers and he was pinned by her fierce stare. But it was fierce on his behalf and a small smile warmed his eyes when he looked back at her - feeling as though the light of the sun could pierce the darkness in his heart after all. “Thank you, Megaera. Of course - I promise I will.”

He hoped it would never come to it but if it ever did, he felt better knowing that she would be there to help him. She had already had his respect, his loyalty, but now he felt overwhelmed with gratitude towards his Sultana.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

@Megaera
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
to the principal's office - by Mesec - 09-22-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 10-11-2015, 11:06 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 10-15-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Megaera - 11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: to the principal's office - by Mesec - 11-18-2015, 08:53 PM