the Rift

[OPEN] What about angels?

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

Eliana brings the first one relatively easily. She calls to him as she passes through, announcing her arrival as well as letting him know that she'd found one. He lifts his head, smiling up at his beloved Zephyr as she soars away to comb through Helovia in search of more sporting the now familiar black goo. The dunskin pegasus turns, then, his gentle blue eyes falling on the much smaller, black pegasus. The black goo is less visible against the darkness of her coat but he could see the shiny substance oozing from her nostrils and the corners of her eyes. Her breathing is labored, causing him further concern.

Her voice betrays her illness when she speaks and the stallion offers her an encouraging smile. "Hello." he replies, maintaining a positive outlook. "I can help you. I can take your sickness away." And then, just as he had done with Archibald - though with a bit more focus and more clear direction from a closer examination of the symptoms - he focuses on the small mare. His blue eyes, light as the fresh cloudless sky, grow intense as he summons a light in her chest. The light is warm and soothing then, after a few moments, it fades away - hopefully taking her sickness along with it. The pain in his head increases, his headache suddenly worse again but he doesn't care. Instead, he examines her face carefully before speaking. "How do you feel?" he asks, genuine concern evident in his eyes.

That's when Eliana arrives with another. This time, a darkly colored unicorn. The zephyr appears rather disgruntled as she once more flies by her companion though Miykael only really begins to understand why when the new arrival speaks. His gaze locks on the unicorn, watching her carefully - her disdain for himself and the smaller mare clear in her tone. "You should go. Find safety." he directs his words to the smaller pegasus, hoping she'd do what he asked. He didn't need her to come to harm now. The unicorn is weak from the illness and unlikely to attack in her current state but he couldn't be certain that she wouldn't attack after he uses his magic on her. The unicorn mare resembled the night sky - a base of dark blue, nearly black, speckled with white like stars.

He'd be more inclined to converse with her, though, if she weren't acting so aggressive. Instead, he remains silent. His eyes harden a bit, showing an unusual amount of sternness. Despite her threats, he is unperturbed. Miykael simply focuses his light on her chest, summoning it there the way he'd done with the smaller pegasus. The light is warm and soothing in her chest - remaining there for a several moments before once more fading out and disappearing. His headache is growing sharper, more piercing. The brightness that he'd previously been so elated by is suddenly making him squint and wince. He feels a tickle beginning in his throat but more individuals arrive, effectively distracting him.

They come on their own, his zephyr is nowhere to be seen.

First is a colt, lighter colored and vaguely familiar - though he can't quite place it. The boy hacks and coughs, giggling hysterically. He's by far the most delirious of those Miykael has attempted to treat. The colt trembles, falls to his knees then gives up and lays down. Ilios. He says his name is Ilios and though the name rings some bells, Miykael can only look at him with concern. Before the healer could attempt to fix the boy, the black and gold mare approaches. She moves to colt's side, nudges him and tells him to stand. The healer simply watched in silence, his blue gaze softening once more. The dark mare speaks then, her focus clearly on Miykael. "My name is Miykael. I'm a healer." he responds, smiling gently at her. And then she presents the most important question of all. "I can." comes his reply, his earlier joy returning.

Only time softened the side-effects he always suffered from his magic but they all came more quickly than perhaps he'd imagined. He wouldn't stop though, not now. He had to help them. He turns his gaze to the colt, closing his eyes momentarily to more easily focus on the boy's chest. Miykael summons the light, sending it to fill his chest with its' healing warmth. After several moments, the light once again fades away - leaving Miykael a bit worse than he'd been before. Each healing attempt chipped away at his own health. This time, the tickle in his throat grows stronger and the world spins in his vision causing him to sway briefly on his hooves.

Inhaling deeply, the stallion tries once more to center himself. But then Eliana leads one more in. Her dark, star speckled feathers streaking across the sky as she passes through. The new arrival is a bay pegasus. Miykael, tall and lean, stands taller than all of them. Though none quite so dramatically different as the first. "It's all right, I can help you." he addresses the new mare, his voice remains strong, hiding his own pain to avoid alarming them. The stallion returns his gaze to the black and gold mare - the one he now knows as Ranjiri - and steps towards her, closing the distance between them in a feeble attempt to make it easier. He hopes that perhaps using the magic would be easier the closer he stood to his intended patient. Closing his eyes once more, he focuses the light into Ranjiri's chest. He feels it blossom, warming, and then fade.

Suddenly, his eyes shoot open. The pain sears white-hot through his skull, sweat coats his neck and sides and his breathing becomes labored. He clears his throat in a feeble attempt to clear the tickle from it. It fails, of course, and disappointment surges through him. His head lowers, tucking in towards his chest as he attempts to fix his breathing and calm his faster heartbeat. Nausea twists in his gut and he swallows hard against the rising bile. Miykael snorts softly, then lifts his head to settle his blue gaze on the bay pegasus. "Try to be still." he says softly to the mare, taking an extra moment to brace himself. With a soft sigh, he lowers his head to try to touch his nose to her chest and closes his eyes. Once more he focuses, fighting harder against the pain throbbing in his head, and summons the light in her chest. It glows, lingering and warm. It takes longer this time for his healing light to fade away - not because of the mare but because of him and the state of his own health. Lifting his head up carefully, he attempts to back up - to give them more space but then his legs give out and he collapses with a thud and a whoosh of breath. It takes everything he has to keep the world from fading to black.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Imonada, @Ki'irha, @Ilios, @Ranjiri, @Megaera
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
What about angels? - by Miykael - 09-23-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: What about angels? - by Imonada - 09-23-2015, 05:17 PM
RE: What about angels? - by Ki'irha - 09-23-2015, 06:24 PM
RE: What about angels? - by Ilios - 09-24-2015, 12:51 AM
RE: What about angels? - by Ranjiri - 09-24-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: What about angels? - by Megaera - 09-25-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: What about angels? - by Random Event - 09-26-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: What about angels? - by Miykael - 09-26-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: What about angels? - by Imonada - 09-26-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: What about angels? - by Random Event - 09-28-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: What about angels? - by Ki'irha - 09-29-2015, 03:51 PM