the Rift

Help this nerd come back

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Long time, no see, Helovia. Looking fabulous, as always.

So… I've been gone for 8 months, and I'd really like to try to come back. I've missed this place and my loser baby unicorn.

I feel like I've missed… a ton. I'm trying to catch up, but I don't think I can read 8 months' worth of posts. I've gone through the updates, but it's not really the same as reading the relevant posts, unfortunately. I would love you forever if you could hook me up with a SparkNotes version, at least of the most recent goings-on.

Anyways, I'm looking to get some threads going to try to get Kipling re-established. I'm happy to throw him in to anything, but I have a few major goals...

1. I need to figure out how/where to bring him back exactly… He's flaky enough that I could definitely believe he'd gone off chasing butterflies for months (but I'll try to think of something a little more compelling than that). I'm toying with the idea of dissociative fugue; he doesn't remember where he was, so any time he's asked about it, he'll come up with some new off-the-wall batshit story. Idk. Could be amusing, and I like the idea of an innocent, un-manipulative compulsive liar.

TL,DR - Basically, I'm hoping someone would be up for coming to find him & bring him back into the Helovian fold. Maybe he'll be acting a little whacky. Maybe not. Who knows!

2. I want to get him back in a herd/group because that's really how he functions best. I like to think he's a reasonably fun presence. Yay oddballs! He's mostly interested in scholarly/storytelling pursuits, but he's definitely not a classic deep-thinking intellectual type. He is very scatter-brained and enthusiastic, so he could go in a few different directions as far as roles.

3. I'm still interested in getting him sparring, but that's something I want to deal with down the road, once I've gotten him back on his feet. Or hooves. Whatever.

It'll take me a few posts to get back in the swing of writing him, but he's a pretty fun little weirdo and I'd love to get him going again. Let me know if you have any ideas or want to help me out with any of these returning-logistical things. I'm really up for whatever. Need to knock the rust off.

Thank you!

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
This guy looks like so much fun! :D

I'd be happy to throw Tiamat your way. She wouldn't think twice about prancing up to a stranger and start talking. She's returned to Helovia kind of recently herself (back in June), and I've only been here since May myself, so we won't be able to catch you up on everything, but some big stuff xD

She could offer him a home in the Basin too if you're interested c: either way, I think these two would be fun haha.

@Kipling
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve
I can see Imon like... -tolerating-, albeit very politely, his flightiness. I could also see her as the straight-man in the dynamic since, although her mind is not always reliable, she is generally level-headed, practical, and reasonable.

I would love to help you get back in the groove. :D

She is wandering around in the Deep Forest after being adopted by Hidden Falls, a little (a lot) delirious. She has GLL, so be forewarned. I have an open thread up on her for anyone. <3

@Kipling
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Heyy, Ki'irha just recently reappeared into Helovia after an extended absense! I know Tiamat offered, but I'll throw an offer out too. She has a good understanding of wanting to be welcome and have a herd to be in. Up to you, not sure if one if our characters may be better suited due to personalities or whatever! Or we can wander upon him as a pair, and @Tiamat I would love for them to meet up too, she needs to get to know more Basiners!

She's also up for sparring, I'm looking for practice to improve sparring skills.
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
*joins in Basin leaping*

I have Rikyn. :D He is one of those can go really well or terribly bad characters, depending on the situation. I am also coming back from a long break, but do believe I have caught up enough to be some help in so far as major events and those which pertain to characters my characters were close to.

I also have Dragomir - he's a mostly derpy love muffin who tends to get along with everyone (unless peer pressure says he shouldn't), but is also still reentering Helovia and is thus on a "pause" for threads until I know whether he is going to be living in the Falls/Throat or if he is going to be remaining an outcast. Of course, I'm always up for adding Kipling to a list of threads to be made when he's out. :D

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Yaaaaay! Thank you guys! I'm excited now.

So I think what probably makes the most sense is for me to start an open thread and tag you all, and then whoever wants to stop by can do that and we can see where it goes? I'm happy for him to interact with everyone, regardless of whether we think they'll hit it off or not. I need to practice writing him with all kinds of relations, anyways. =) I can try to get something up late tonight or tomorrow.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
HOW ABOUT US *throws self at*
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Sounds good! ^^

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).