the Rift

[PRIVATE] you're not in heaven yet it's just the sun in your eyes

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera
A kiss with a fist is better than none

She heard her name called out across and turned her eyes in time to see the inky stallion’s approach. Her gaze followed his path as he circled her, his movement was the only refined thing about him and still it exuded an kind of primal brutality that was altogether distracting. In her mind’s eye she recalled their first meeting, the brief flicker of a possible confrontation before a common herd membership had been established, and even more than that she recalled the sight of him in battle, brutal, powerful… As Einarr moved around her, Megaera’s body moved before she even had time to register, telegraphing what had made her so agitated in the firstplace. Her feet danced a step forward and her tail swished around her hocks; to her sides her wings stretched and flared, the pristinely neat feathers catching the bright sun and gleaming.

It was several seconds before she caught herself and put a halt to that and by that time the stallion’s hooves were touching down in the shallow waters. He could not rightly be blamed for it, she knew that, but it did not make her any less appalled at her own lack of control over her own body and alas the fiery Sultana would rather pick a fight than admit she was anything less that on hundred percent in control (or so her pride told her). Megaera putt a veritable vice-grip on her muscles to keep herself still and thought she pulled her wings close again they puffed like a startled cat. Ears fell back slightly and dark eyes narrowed as she was forced to look up to meet his copper gaze. “I don’t know, I thought there would have been. Perhaps it is like he said, he was more careful than the others, or more powerful. I would hope that we can put our trust in the Sun, he has never steered me to wrong yet.” She glanced back to where the God had met them. It was true, the god had tasked her to find a way to protect what she loved without leaning on violence as a crutch, she hoped she would not disappoint him. “And I would not find it heard to believe that he and the Earth God would have taken more care for our sake and for the newcomers.”

Her posture had softened, distracted with thoughts of the gods but when she looked back to Einarr that weighty feeling in her gut gave another sharp tug and she stiffened again. She saw his nostrils flare, and she knew her body would betray it’s wants. But what did she want? For some reason that hadn’t occurred to her before now. She had been reacting against what she couldn’t control but what would happen if she chose to give it free reign? Vaguely, somewhere in the very back of her mind she remembered the warm press of tiny newborn Mordecai against her and knew that was not something she would try to avoid having again, but that was just a tiny whisper behind the shouts of instinct, of desire that right now what she wanted might just be Einarr.

"."
@Einarr

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're not in heaven yet it's just the sun in your eyes - by Megaera - 09-26-2015, 09:35 PM