the Rift

[OPEN] a wild child

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

After discovering the efficacy of his magic against the mysterious sickness on Archibald, he'd left to comb Helovia for others and found five more - both by chance and by the aide of his companion - in the vibrant thistle meadow. He'd helped them, as best he could but the magic had sapped his energy and left him with a whole host of afflictions - the most persistent being the tickle in his throat. The disease is of a foreign nature, perhaps the most probable explanation as to why healing five in fairly quick succession had nearly knocked him out. He still feels the sharpness of pain in his head - a feeling of pressure all over his skull, time ticking by the minutes or seconds until his head simply explodes - though the sweating and trembling have dissipated. Much to his relief.

For several minutes (maybe hours?) he laid in the meadow, attempting to will the pain away. His companion, Eliana, sits in a nearby tree - disgruntled, silver eyes shooting daggers at him for putting himself in danger. Her irritation shifts to seething, white-hot anger when he lifts himself off the ground, intent to continue his mission. The Roc Zephyr flies down to his back, digging her claws into his flesh hard to enough to prick his skin. Blood wells around her claws. 'Don't.' she pleads, 'You die.' Her voice is harsh in his mind, angry but he could feel the concern and fear that she tries so hard to hide. Miykael sighs softly, lowers his head and for a moment he's deep in thought. But Eliana already knows his answer before the words slip past his dark lips. "I can't, Ellie. I... I can help them. I have to try, no matter the cost."

Anger swirls with sorrow in the Zephyr's chest, slicing into her heart. 'I can't...' she begins, her silver eyes hardening, 'Won't watch you die.'

He feels her weight disappear from his back, feels the air shift from the thrusting of her wings. His blue eyes find her in the sky, her form dark against the light sky and as she disappears, he hears her shriek of complete and utter despair. His own heart cracks but it does little to dissuade him from his path. He can't stand by, knowing he holds a cure, and just let them suffer. When the dark bird disappears completely from his sight, he wills his legs to move and heads west back towards the coast. The open meadow transitions to trees, trees shift to open grass. He keeps moving until his hooves lower into the sands of the Endless Blue. Here, he pauses, allowing his blue gaze to sweep the open beach.

That is when he sees her, a blue mare prancing down by the shoreline. From this distance, though, he can't see the familiar markers of the illness so he approaches far more casually than he may have done otherwise. "Hello there!" he calls to her as he draws near, his voice warm and deep though slightly scratchy. The use of his voice simply irritating the tickle in his throat further, causing him to clear his throat with a muffled 'ahem'. He shifts his course to pull in alongside her as she follows the shoreline. Miykael's blue eyes drift to her face then and when he sees the black tar staining her lips, nose and trickling from her eyes his heart sinks. She seems so joyful, something that left him hoping he'd find her well. He frowns briefly before speaking again, more softly this time in hopes that he could avoid irritating his throat again. "You're sick, too. Do you know where this strange disease comes from?" he asks, hoping that maybe it would offer him a clue.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Tiamat
Sorry for the delay! He'll get to healing her in the next post, I think. :D
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
a wild child - by Tiamat - 09-24-2015, 03:16 AM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 09-27-2015, 11:41 PM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 10-01-2015, 08:37 PM
RE: a wild child - by Mortuus Nox - 10-02-2015, 08:19 PM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 10-09-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 10-10-2015, 04:15 PM
RE: a wild child - by Mortuus Nox - 10-12-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: a wild child - by Random Event - 10-12-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: a wild child - by Miykael - 10-25-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: a wild child - by Tiamat - 11-01-2015, 05:48 AM