the Rift

[OPEN] (almost) Spring Cleaning

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu

Dismay. It was written all over his large, strong featured face. A heap of leather and glass lay in front of a cart- or at least he assumed it was a cart. Some weeds had grown around its wheels, and snow dusted all of it. Well, he had said he wanted a job, after all.

He took a few strides towards the harness and cart, before -CLANG- his large hoof struck something hiding beneath the slow. Blue eyes narrowing, he lowers his head and uses the thickness of his horn to scrape away the layer of snow on the item. Was this a plow? Indeed it was. 

He snorts in annoyed amusement, shaking his massive head slightly. What was he getting himself into? Walking around the plow, he carefully picks (well, as carefully as an elephant can) his way to the cart. Luckily, he does not encounter any more hiding object.

He hums to himself as he asses the gear. The harness was definitely on the small side for his gargantuan frame. He could already feel the rub marks. Ah well, he’s certainly had worse. The cart was surely big enough to load plenty of glass onto it. He assumed it would hold under the weight- for he planned to pull as much as he could with each trip. And, given his size and strength- that was plenty. 

“Hmm, now how to get this on?” He hums his question aloud. Indeed, he would need some help with the harness and cart to pull it to the shattered wall. 

Image // Coding

ooc| @Anzanie & Anyone else who wants to help clean up the wall is also welcome!  

Please tag Tembovu.

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
||    ||
Anzanie had immediately wanted to explore her new grounds of the Edge. Her promotion had made the splashed feel elated and even a tad nervous at the prospect of being given such a monumental position within the World's Edge herd. Yet she had no inclination into how she would go about becoming a sufficient Craftsman and serving her fellow herds creatures. Back in Irrespitine these skills were not needed of her yet now she was having to literally carve her way into the history books and make a name for herself within the world of creativity. Being creative was not the issue with the young queen. It was being productive with the creativity that Elsa and the Kings had unknowingly gifted her when she joined but an instant ago.

With a clack of daggers against the hardened frosted terraria of the Edge she hung her neck and cranium low with the despondent nature of a being who had no idea how she was going to become who she had set out to be. Perhaps I was more suited to being a healer, the mahogany and ivory fae thought dejectedly. But her pools soon lit up as she came to what must be the remnants of a large glass production that looked like it had been shattered time enough ago for it to appear nothing like the original structure.
"I wonder what this used to be," she thought with a high pitched voice to accompany the massive pools aimed at the old structure. Then with a start she heard the echoing clang of something being startled and the sound of "how do I get this on?" only metres away and with a sigh figured she had let her location be given away by her naivity. She looked over to where the noise had been made and saw that resembled another creature in equine form, a horned like herself. He was a pale figure with hints of obisidian and softened ivory with a spiralled and asymmetrical horn, and the size of a god. Her pale pools continued to glisten with wonder at the gigantic size of this creature and thought with a paranoid glimpse at her own frame that she was far daintier and smaller than he. She also spotted him tending to something else, and with curiosity wandered a little closer to the stranger. With a smile she flexed her pillars into the hard ground and comforted her own fright at the massive brute, "I'm sorry I thought I was alone, ...?" she first inquired to his name.

And as she stood there taking in the sight she realised that what he had been messing with was in fact the pulling machines she had been well aware of in her old homeland, "Ohh a pulling cart, I haven't seen one of these since I... left... my old homeland. May I ask what you're doing with one?" Her soft velveteens opened up to a smile and she remembered the question which gave her reason to come over to meet the stag in the first place, "If I remember correctly, the gear that is attached to the cart is to be pulled over your neck so you have the full weight of the cart and it's cargo resting on the strength of your shoulders and back. But I don't think it would quite fit you!" She took one glance from the ends of his brawny pillars up into the heavens where his cranium practically reached the clouds.
Image Credit

@Tembovu
I'm sorry this isn't amazing but I was in quite a rush haha xD I hope to get into the swing of it soon enough!
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
When faced with a Frostfall without her dear friends, in a herd land surging with strangers, Alysanne had retreated. Naerys had taken to wandering more often now that she was older and was better at being social than her mother was lately. There was no energy in the pegasus mare to make new friends, or so she thought. Deeper and deeper into herself she withdrew, far against her natural tendencies. Everything had shifted, this solid ground that she had found in Helovia now seemed so rocky.

Yet, as Frostfall started to thaw, so did she. The anger that had been welling within her wasn’t going to be going anywhere soon, of course, but hiding in the depths of the firs and spruces certainly was not helping. Had she not pledged to make this into her herd still? Had she not wanted so badly to stay here and continue to make this her home? 

Hemlock chided her every moment he got, trying to pull on her mane to get her moving some days, and today she finally let him. Maybe a walk around the borders would clear her head.

She moved carefully, wary of the shards and chunks of broken glass that might be hiding in the snow, when movement ahead caught her attention. Two unknown figures, of course, were just ahead a little way. Once, she would not have hesitated but now Alysanne did, lingering in the drifts and hugging her wings close to her body as though it would make her disappear.

‘No. Need friends.’ Hemlock’s deep voice reminded her, urging her forward as he flew around her head.  

She approached slowly, listening to the mare’s talk and catching the comment about how the cart’s harness would not fit the stallion. Looking at him up close, Alysanne had to agree. “Possibly not.” Alysanne came to a standstill with the pair, a soft smile twisted onto her features. “It was crafted for someone a little smaller than you.” The words were wistful, remembering the herd members that had pulled the cart before, and she hoped that he would not find offense. It was certainly no secret that this unicorn was taller than most. Her green eyes, warming now that she was getting back into the swing of speaking with others, turned to the mare and she dipped her head with a grin. “But it might fit you.”

everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

CRASHING because I've been wanting Alysanne to meet both of them <33 Hope you guys don't mind!
@Tembovu
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Tembovu
A petite, graceful, yet hesitant mare appears from the trees as he muses over his predicament. He chuckles as she glances at herself, as if to compare her small stature to his gargantuan one. This was a reaction which he did not often get to his size, though he always found it amusing. He responded to her somewhat frightened smile with his own, easy lopsided one, “Not quite alone.” he winks, “I am Tembovu. I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of meeting you yet, pretty lady?” His deep, booming voice carries easily over the distance still between them.

He returns his gaze to the cart and small harness as she airs her questions and concerns of fit. “Well, as a newly appointed Glazier, I’ve decided to test these new rank powers and attempt to clean up the glass at our borders,” he sighs as he turns his head towards her. It’s going to be quite the task, indeed. He grins at her explanation of the cart, valuing her enthusiasm to help. He indeed knew the purpose of a pull cart- he had pulled a few supply carts for legions in his old home. Though he kept this to himself and nodded as she spoke, humming in agreement at her remark of the harness not fitting him.

He swings his head as yet another woman approaches him and his tasks. Deep blue eyes take in the black and white pegasus, appreciating her wings. Though he, himself, would be far too heavy for any set of wings to raise into flight, he always had wondered what the sensation felt like. He snorts in laughter once more at her words, “Indeed, I think most things are crafted for beasts smaller than I,” he agrees with her. “I am Tembovu, and I’ve not had the pleasure of meeting you, either,” he again introduces himself.

He swings his eyes back to the first painted mare as the winged mentions that it would fit her. He shifts uneasily, not used to allowing another- especially a smaller mare- to take on grunt work. He was brawny. He was used to heavy lifting. “Perhaps you could pull it to the wall? I could break the glass and we can load it, then I think I could manage to pull it… somewhere…” Indeed, he hadn’t gotten much further in his plan to clean up the wall.

Then he shakes his massive head, loosely spiraled horn slicing the air, “I’m getting ahead of myself, would you even care to assist me?”
Image // Coding

@Anzanie , @Alysanne

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
A sound of amusement came from the gigantic brute and it felt comforting to the far smaller fae. Her splashed pelt did not quiver at the thought of his gigantic frame. He seemed like a kind creature with sweet and pale eyes, and his pelt was fashioned in an incredibly different way, but it was somehow soothing. His smile was then followed by a wink and kind words:

I am Tembovu. I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting you yet, pretty lady?

Anzanie smiled again at the new acquaintance, but the splashed's velveteens were curled into a far more friendly and soothed way than before. Her frail little bodice still felt vulnerable should he collapse on her, but her own brain told her that she could trust a fellow Edge creature like herself. Only she gathered that he would have been here far longer than herself. She replied in the same high pitched squeak,
"I'm afraid we haven't. It's nice to meet you, Tembovu. I am Anzanie, and I've become the new craftsman for the Edge. Only..." she eyed the cart with a glance of worry, "I'm not very experienced in the field of craftsmanship." Her gaze fell in embarrassment but she picked up with a small determined expression on her pretty skull, "But I shall!"

Tembovu then moved his own glance back to the cart and Anzanie followed suit. And then he spoke the words she had hoped for silently,
"You're a Glazier?! That is excellent news!" She continued to listen as he explained what he was trying to achieve here, and she nodded eagerly at the thought of helping. This would help her gain the experience and an ally as well as a friend, she hoped.

And then both the brute's and the splashed fae's craniums swung towards the movement. It was another creature, a dame. She was a winged, and had the same splashed pelt as her own but this fae was a hue of obsidian and ivory. She was a pretty thing, and she voiced the same opinion as Anzanie over the issue with the size of the cart and the massive stag that may try to carry it.
Anzanie chuckled as she nodded in agreement to her words. And then the stranger suggested that the splashed herself take upon the task. She hesitated, paranoid over her own brute strength. But she nodded again to agree to this and then spoke to her,
"I could pull it, sure...?" She opened a space for the creature to say her name should she wish, and Tembovu seemed to have done the same. She felt bad for having spoken over the brute but his booming voice would have certainly taken out her own feeble one.

And then he spoke again in a kind way to them;

...Would you even care to assist me?

Anzanie took a couple of steps closer to him and had to stretch her neck to try and reach the top of his shoulders, "I'd be honoured to assist you."
Image Credit

@Tembovu @Alysanne

Alysanne
Truly, it hadn’t been until they both left a spot for her to state her mind that Alysanne felt like blushing! How silly of her to just show up, not even a name on her lips, to this pair. “I am Alysanne, one of the Moon Doctors. Sorry for not introducing myself sooner - it’s wonderful to meet you both.” It was rude of her to not introduce herself earlier, and she wondered if she had fallen that far out of habit that she had started forgetting herself. But her smile was bright and genuine now and she hoped that they would forgive her the small slip up. Her attention shifts from Tembovu, realizing how out of touch she was if there was a new glazier and it was someone that she had never met before.

She felt embarrassed, and resolved to take a more thorough interest in this herd that she claimed to love, that she had severed ties for.

Her kind gaze moved to the mare, who seemed hesitant at first about the idea of pulling the cart but stepped happily up to the task when Tembovu asked it of her. Alysanne could feel the ice that had a grip on her heart recede in their company already, these two strangers that both seemed so genuine. So eager to help the herd and each other. 

Believing that both Azanine and Tembovu were a little hesitant about the weight of the cart when full, Alysanne tried to assuage such doubts. “We can help you get into the harness and help push as well. I’ve done it before and certainly don’t mind doing so again.” She took a step toward the cart, but waited for confirmation that her help would be welcomed - if the two of them needed it! Perhaps she was only getting in the way, swooping in and handing out jobs to those that had not volunteered on their own. 

Still useful Hemlock crooned in her mind from the treeline where he watched the interaction, glad to see his bonded actually talking to her fellow herd mates. Ever since the invasion she had distanced herself further and further, wanting to keep her same station but no longer feeling any direction on what she should be doing with it.

“I’d be happy to assist with the pushing and loading, if you’ll have me.” She offered finally, feeling nervous but hoping her smile didn't falter. It was getting easier, the more she spoke, to feel like herself again.

Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@Tembovu
sorry it took a little while guys! <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Tembovu
“A Moon Doctor? You are quite the useful person to know, eh?” He chuckled, speaking half in jest and half in seriousness- and committing the mare to memory. Looking down at the helpful, lovely little lady, he could not help a grin cross his face. He like this little mare. Nodding to himself, he took great strides through the dusting of snow, lifting the harness with his giant head, and dragging it to the rump of Anzanie.

“Excuse our reach, Anzanie,” he gave her a wink, his good nature and easy demeanor mitigating the potential awkwardness of such personal touches as they began to strap in the little painted mare. He motioned for Alysanne to assist, “I think you’re more familiar with this particular harness,” he nodded, though the glass buckles seemed to listening to his very thoughts as they began to tighten. Perks of being Glazier? A few large strides brought him to the cart, and pushed it up behind the harnessed mare- letting Alysanne attach it.

“Just beyond those trees was a large area of glass. Alysanne, do you know of a place to stockpile it? I thought perhaps behind the glass dragon…” he trailed off his question, starting to move towards the broken glass wall. He shortened his normally giant strides so that he might assist Anzanie, should she need it, “You’re alright?” he asked, ensuring that the petite paint was not struggling with the cart.
Image // Coding

ooc| Sorry for the delay and icky post. I might have PPed a little, so just let me know if I need to change anything <3
@Anzanie @Alysanne

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
||    ||
The splashed gazed at the other fae with a glimmer of respect as she spoke out her name and her title. She felt slightly giddy inside, perhaps her tiny naive mind feeling its youth and its sense of inferiority at a creature within her new herd who possessed the tools to heal someone. Actually healing someone was a skill that she had originally been torn between when Elsa had given her the option to take up a higher ranking position within the herd. But as she exchanged polite gestures with her new herd mates (who, to Anzanie, were utterly charmin) she knew exactly who she was training herself to become for: them.

Again she fixed her gaze upon Alysanne who seemed to be preoccupying herself with the cart that lay before them; it was the one that she had agreed to pull for them. In fact, as she watched, Anzanie perhaps realised that glass was not quite her forte, but more wood? This was something that she needed to discuss with one of her kings, once she managed to find them in the chaos of her new world and her own mind. But her mind was soon brought back when she realised that both the huge brute Tembovu and the splashed queen were speaking to her about how they would get it on her. Paying little attention to the owl that clung to Alysanne like it was part of her soul, she listened in:

We can help you get into the harness and help push as well.

Without speaking for fear of her high pitched voice ruining any chance of comprehension, the little frame let the cranium bounce with a nod of agreement and she simply stood there, balancing her weight across all four pillars. Alysanne was incredibly friendly towards Anzanie and she felt an instant liking towards her fellow herdsmate - could they become friends in the future? The pairing of a craftsman and a moon doctor would be unstoppable. The thought lingered in the back of the young fae's mind as Tembovu and his laid back attitude hit the floor...

His chuckling and kind pools gave the gigantic figure a warm heart in her own pale orbs. Anzanie felt comforted by his prescence, and whilst the pair fitted the harness around her little frame, the little princess sighed.

"I do hope I can be some help to you two, what with my lack of..." she turned her orbs towards Tembovu and smiled with her embarrassing blushing skull, "...size." She stepped forward, simply feeling the weight and the feeling of the harness before stamping her front daggers into the ground with a triumph that resembled that of a yearling in acceptance of the way they fitted it over her.

Just beyond those trees was a large area of glass. 

Tembovu continued to ask questions and speak whilst Anzanie and Alysanne both seemed to stand and listen, before he came back around with his question of kindness. She nodded once again with a small smile rippling across her velveteens, before speaking to them both, "I guess I'll be seeing you there!" A high chuckle spilled out of her soft velveteens and she began to pull, taking all weight and strength she had into moving the cart in the direction of the glass...
Image Credit

@Tembovu @Alysanne - I'm so sorry this took so long! It has been chaos here so I do hope this makes sense, but basically Anzanie feels the cart fits her well and is now heading off with it towards the glass so it can be put in the cart.

Tembovu
“I’m sure my size makes up for yours, Anzanie,” he calls good-naturedly over his shoulder as he walks off. He arrives to the wall. Or lack thereof a wall. He had chosen an area of rather large chunks of glass. For the time being, he had opted to leave the larger expanses of intact wall standing. He would just clear the chunks of fallen glass between the sporadic glass stretches. He planned on filling in the stretches with glass spikes later— and then attack the remaining parts of still standing wall. That way the borders were never fully open.

Though, despite his well thought out plan, he still uncertainly eyes the large chunks of razor sharp glass. He knew his had rank magic, but he had only managed to melt glass. He wanted to save these large pieces for reusing for spikes. He eyes the smaller shards- those would be fine for melting. Though the larger pieces— the ones ranging from half as large as him to twice his size— those would be difficult.

Calmly approaching a large chunk, he glances once over his shoulder— partly hoping his audience wouldn’t be watching his first attempt. A quick, lopsided smile to the mares is all he spares, before turning to glare at the icy glass. He’s chosen a monster of a piece, easily double his massive size. Go big or go home, right?

Rearing and reaching for the cold fire that forever burned in the depths of his chest, he crashed his hooves against the smooth surface. A resounding, deafening gong-like sound reverberated over the dusting of snow. At first, nothing seemed to happen…

But then a fine cobwebbing of cracks splinter the surface, a fine mist escaping from them. And the piece of glass split neatly into four, manageable spike-shaped pieces. A grin split the elephant’s face. Success!

He repeats the process on a smaller hunk of glass. Again, it breaks in to manageable, spike-shaped pieces. He nods to them, glancing at the mares, “I’ll break a few more down while you ladies load the cart. Just the spikes, I think. I’ll see if I can get rid of the smaller pieces…” His voice trails off as he approaches a stretch of snow that is peppered with small glass razors.

Hesitantly he takes a step onto the minefield. Fine mist gathers around his gargantuan hoof as it contacts the sharp fragments. The larger pieces promptly melt to (frigid) water beneath his feet, while the smaller slivers dissipate to mist and float away. Trudging back and forth a few times, he quickly realizes that cleaning up the small fragments will be a never-ending project. For only the pieces that contact his hooves dissolve. That will be a task to pass time on another day.

He snorts, shakes his mane, and returns his attention back to the large pieces and the mares, “Perhaps we’ll just focus on the large chunks, for now.” He ruefully grins at the mares, continuing to break glass. Despite having Glazier magic, it still was back-breaking work. A sheen of sweat darkened his silver buckskin hide to a deep gold. Steam rose from him in the cool weather, as he alternated between smashing glass and loading the cart.

When the cart was nearly toppling from crystal spears, he reassessed the harness. “We can push while you pull, Anzanie?” Though his voice ends in a question, he already moves to behind the cart to push it towards the clearing with the glass dragon.
Image // Coding

ooc| I’m sorry I skipped you, @Alysanne ! I just wanted to get this thread moving a little bit <3 And I assumed @Anzanie got unattached from the cart somehow to load glass? haha I forgot to include that :3

Please tag Tembovu.

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
The gentle giant spoke words to the splashed that reassured her as she felt the weight of the cart along her dainty shoulders. She felt as if the weight was enough to crush her, with her petite body barely being fit for any strenuous manual labour. She came from royalty, not a worker's descendants. But she smiled sweetly at him, appreciating that Tembovu was there to assist her. And she felt proud too: Anzanie was helping a fellow herds-creature with a task, and with her newly appointed position she knew this to be paramount to her work to become the same level as himself.

Without saying anything, she watched with pale pools intently. She could merely guess what he was staring at, but looking at the small number of years he bore on his frame, Tembovu was reminiscing past experiences or memories. The shattered wall was something that she guessed was deep within his mind as she began to pull the cart along. She watched with intense orbs, scrutinizing every movement he created with his magnificent size and mapped out the course he was taking. Even for a naive creature, the little fae knew that he was hard at work, meticulous with his skill.

And then he began thundering his daggers against the surface of the glass wall. What was he doing? With a shocked face she watched, her jaw dropped in pure exasperation and shock. She had barely noticed Alysanne at this point, putting all her concentration into staring at the brute at work. And then he spoke words of encouragement regarding piling the cart. And with that Anzanie waited as she presumed that the others would lift the majority of the glass shards into the cart, since she was pulling it. And judging by her bodice, even the likes of her new friends would agree that she couldn't handle much else.

With a sigh and a high pitched squeak she spoke towards Tembovu,
"What do you need to do with these shards?" Her pools filled with an intense need to do something right.

His strength would have been enough to bring down the wall, Anzanie thought with admiration. She paid little attention to anything, including the terrarai where the mist was still wrapped around them in a beautiful glittering cloth. She merely gazed at the shards breaking into ever more smaller and more manageable pieces.

At his suggestion of using the larger chunks from the stag, the little fae nodded in agreement and decided to concentrate on following his course, straining at the slight weight of the cart she had strapped to her back. She could feel the movement of it along the ground within her bones and could feel every vibration that came with said movement. But she did not stop. Even for a creature of refinement and lack of skill, Anzanie was not going to let the side down.

And then Tembovu gave her the words she was almost begging to hear:

We can push while you pull, Anzanie?

She spoke with a long sigh, "Ohh my word, if you could, that would be incredible!" And with that she wondered what else this interesting and eventful day would have in store for the trio...
Image Credit

@Tembovu @Alysanne
I'm ever so sorry I took so long! I hope this suffices though, and sorry for skipping you, Alysanne!

Alysanne
Alysanne liked the pair of them, these two that were so different in appearance yet had similar personalities - at least on the surface of this interaction. They were kind and helpful in ways that she had allowed herself to forget that she had once been. Despite herself, she was relaxed in their company - furthering even more as Tembovu chuckled about how she was a handy acquaintance to have. She hoped so, unless she fell back into the useless lump she had been lately.

She quickly stepped up to help with the harness, working deftly and only pausing once when she tried to remember how things fit together. But together with Tembovu, they got Azanine safely snug within the straps. When asked about where a good place to store the chunks of glass would be she smiled. “Yes that sounds like a good place to store it until we can figure out something to do with it all…” They certainly could not leave it where it was, the shards - big and small - posed significant dangers, especially with foals being so popular in the coming warm months. It made her sad to turn Kahlua’s area into something of a storage spot, but where else could they keep it out of the way for now?

Now that Azanine was latched into the cart, she turned to help Tembovu with the chunks and whatever she could lift into the cart. While she carefully managed what pieces she could into the cart - a thundering noise drew her attention back to the Glazier as he sought to shatter a giant piece of ice, even larger than him! She noted with amusement that Azanine seemed completely entranced, though Alysanne could not blame her one bit. It was remarkable to watch him work, breaking apart the pieces.

Finally, the cart was full as they dared make it and another helpful suggestion was made - bringing a smile to the pegasus’s face as Tembovu offered the pair of them to assist the cart with some pushing. Azanine was thankful as well.  She should not have shied from the new members of the herd so much, not if they were like these two. “Do let us know if you ever need a break, dear.” She made sure to note, her voice soft and kind, before taking a spot at the rear of the cart and readying to push. She had done so before, trying to get the thing up the hill from the Heart Caves had been a mission even with four others - getting it across the Edge with these two should be no trouble at all!

Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

AHH SORRY IT TOOK FOREVER I shouldn't be such a flake from now on <33

@Tembovu
made by the lovely tamme

Tembovu
As he stepped behind the cart alongside Alysanne, he was surprised by how heavy the glass was. This was so much denser than any other glass he had experiences before. “Ready?” A flash of admiration for the little painted mare in the hardness passes through him, before he digs his haunches into the earth and heaves against the cart.

His already sweaty skin plumes in steam in the crisp weather. Pushing the cart causes more rivulets of sweat to bead along his broad back— though it is certainly less effort than physically and magically breaking apart the glass.

They arrive in the clearing (which was mercifully close— magically closer than the Glazier recalled). He eyes the dragon, whose amethyst eyes seemed to be interestedly watching the, before glancing around the treeless grass. What would be the best place to stockpile all this glass? There was bound to be so much of it by the end of the day and their exertions.

Tired blue gaze lands on the end of the trees. That would be a good place— out of the way, yet reachable for… Well, he wasn’t certain yet. But the glass hexagonal columns would be available for any future project that he, or any other crafter, would have in mind.

So he motioned towards the trees with a grunt and a sweep of his horn, using his vast shoulder to help move the heavy load. Glancing at the massive load, he contemplated a quicker and easier way to unload the cart— they needed to conserve their strength and time.

“I think, if just unhook the harness from the cart, that we can dump the glass and make it a bit easier on ourselves,” his low voice offered the solution. Two swift, long strides brought him alongside Anzanie, and his thick muzzle made quick work of unhooking the harness from the cart. At least they wouldn't have to unharness her, entirely— that, at least, saved some minutes. Minutes that would add up in the many trips they would take throughout the day.

The cart’s backend smashed against the ground, glass columns sliding out haphazardly between the trees. The elephant snorted, narrowing his eyes at the errant glass, which sheepishly aligned itself neatly on the grass. Much better.

Turning his eyes to the two mares, he smiled wryly, “Ready for round two?” This was going to be a long day. He looked to Alysanne, for she could get Anzanie hooked back to the cart, while he walked ahead to start breaking the glass.

—————————

The sun was setting on the Edge. It had been a productive day, but the elephant was parched, exhausted, and sore. Wielding this new magic had taken a toll on his mind, for it was alien and cold. The constant rearing and striking of his hooves left them bruised, and his forelimbs and back burned from the overuse.

He turned his eyes from the last pile of glass as it slid from the cart and faced his two comrades. If he was this exhausted, he was certain the mares would be as well. “Thank goodness for that,” his voice was quiet with tiredness as the glass settled in the earth. “Thank you, Alysanne, Anzanie, for your help today. I’m not sure that I would have finished on my own,” he smiled lopsidedly at the beautiful mares. He sighed, a tired but satisfied sigh that condensed in the cooling evening Frostfall. One job accomplished.
Image // Coding

@Anzanie @Alysanne Great thread guys! <3

Please tag Tembovu.