the Rift

SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I)

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
We live today like there's no tomorrow,
We sell our souls and our time is borrowed

The black slime oozed from what felt like every crack in his face; his eyes, his nose, his mouth and it dripped onto the floor in a disgusting manner. It made Sacre feel like a walking zombie and his two foxes always lingered a fair way behind him or a fair way in front of him. Their concerned beady eyes never left their red stained friend who looked like he’d just walked straight out of a horror movie. At least his coat was black; it almost blended in if it wasn’t for the fact it kept dripping on the floor. There was something else different too. The fact was that Sacre couldn't quite see all that well. Before the world was a beautiful mess of vibrant colour and emotion, but the stallion struggled to see all that clearly what was happening right in front of him. All in all, Sacre felt like finding the nearest black hole and falling into it, was there even a cure for this?! Or perhaps his body would be slowly consumed by black slime and when he died there would be nothing but a disgusting puddle. He only forgot about the nightmare when another nightmare occurred and, quite suddenly, the meeting he had wandered into had once again turned into a battlefield.

Except this time, Sacre didn’t run.

With fear lining every part of his gooey face, the young stallion bravely stood his ground and sought after the monster that the Sun God was fighting. He could feel the fire prickle on his fur and the memory of his friends and family charging into battle came to the forefront of his mind. No, he wouldn’t run again. He stumbled forwards and jammed to a halt when he felt the rush of someone charge past him, their movement a blur in his poor eyesight. Was he really going to do this? He couldn't even see what he was doing properly. Still, he couldn't leave his family and his God undefended. Inari jumped onto his back and came to rest at the base of his neck "don't worry, I can see, so you can see" he said with reassurance and Sacre felt a smile tug to his lips. Yes, he had two friends to look out for him, why was he hesitating? 

Boldly, they charged forwards, trying to flank the evil monster and attempting to find an opening in the chaos of attacks. His young kitsune made a fox like sound as loud as she could, loud enough for Sacre to hear though it was doubtful many others could, but it gave her confidence all the same. After that Sacre was unsure what happened as Ríona released her whip like weapon that sparked from her tails and the kitsune darted towards the croc to try land a shot on it’s back. Meanwhile, Sacre, with the help of Inari, made an attempt to deprive it of strength using his blood leaching magic, an ability he didn’t use often and when he did it still felt wrong. Even if it was to protect those he loved. 

Team Sun God

Riona, the kitsune, attempts to use her electric tails on the crocodile whilst Sacre uses his magic with the help of Inari.
Sacre has GLL!! He has the sight of a mole :| So basically he can detect movements and tell light from dark but not colour.
:: [ Magic: DarkxWater | Can slowly leach blood from other's body, leaving them dehydrated, anemic and weak ]
:: [ Restrictions | Causes the effect of sweating blood; power only lasts for 30 seconds, weakening opponent ]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd
Shida
How dare you say that my behavior is unacceptable
So condescending unnecessarily critical

The loud one said to do the thing, so here I am, doing the thing. (The loud one being Ampere, and the thing being ... I don't know, my job I guess)

Oh look. There she is.

I'm sort of annoyed already. How great would it have been to see her showing up, huh? As if I had been here the whole time, just fightin' baddies and kicking ass? Oh well. Better late than never I suppose. Especially if this gets me out of another one of her little life-lesson soap box rant.

"Companions have lives too. Do your job. Take a bath"

I mean really - It's all so tired sounding. Girl needs to get laid.

But anyways. Here we are - and WHAT IN THE DICK IS THAT.

Mentally I scream into Princess' mind, indicating that we should both get the dick out of the immediate area. Lots of pegs are in the air and now I see why. THERE'S A BIG FUCKING HALF-INVISIBLE DINOSAUR DICK JUST TROLLOPSING AROUND.

This is not what I signed up for when I became a warrior (actually, #1 I didn't even sign up. Fire balls just ... did it, since he didn't think I should be wandering out with my parents. But obviously I am old enough to make my own decisions. See? Competency proved - I know enough to run away from fucking draconian monsters.)

"Oh hey---" I shout casually towards Ampere, smoothing out my panicked strides into something more athletic. For all she knows, Princess and I are just here doing laps for exercise - you know, warrior-shit; definitely not trying to stick it to her. I try to dodge the invisible tail that I know must be attached to the visible gut of the creature. I can feel the red thing growing inside of my belly. It has become more prominent and obvious after I was thrown into that weird warped bubble thing - and now my explosions are even stronger. Pfff. No wonder hot-balls made me a warrior. I kick ass at this - just watch.

"Common Princess, lets knock this dragon-dick into outerspace." With his tongue lolling from his mouth, Princess nods and agrees. 

"HEY DRAGON TITS." I shout loudly amidst the chaos, putting on the breaks and grinding to a halt. I focus my attention on the space just below the creature's belly. Something explodes in my mind as I shoot a massive explosion forward. At the same time, Princess calls down hellfire from the skies, trying to limit it right above the creature. But, he's still sort of a pup, so he gets brownie marks for trying, regardless of how it turns out.

Don't worry guys. Shida is here now.

TEAM SUNNY. (aka team SUCK IT AMPERE. - mentions Amp quite a bit)

Shida tries to explode the area under the monster and princess rains hellfire down from the skies. 

Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; modified by Shady

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
The promise of peace, of serenity, of tranquility made her reverence all the more sharper, clearer; she bowed along the stream of his oaths and assurances, glanced out into the realm and smiled. The world could still be beautiful, could still be incandescent, breathing life instead of death, conjuring pride and benediction instead of annihilation and violence – her song was serene, enchanting, a harmonious hum and hymn with the rest of the golden earth, all of its puddles, all of its whims. Allured and beguiled by the well wishes of the scorching deity, she and Imogen merely stood amongst the gathered and aspired, yearned, craved for the heavenly bounty to never wane, for the searing oaths to be remembered in their darkest days. They could enjoy what the kingdom had to offer: the lavished sentiments amongst the holy rites, the kindness and generosity of the patron God, who glowed and prospered with a saintly, paragon outreach-

Then, ultimately, there was a rupture in the rapture.

It came on scales and howls, discord and strife, and her heart crushed in on itself, the smile fading into nothingness. Misled again, tired of the call for anarchy, dismayed by how quickly, so readily, the pledges splintered and fractured, the pair simply remained, surrounded by horror, by terror, by the alterations in beings and bliss. How many more monsters would threaten their livelihood? How many more creatures would offer salvation, but soon turn bestial, savage, eager to maul and mutilate? How many more times would they be brandished hope, with none of it truly in sight? How many more lies would spout between vows and pledges? She held daydreams, expectations, of faith, confidence, and convictions throughout her crusades; but even now, they began to dim. Maybe she’d fought too many demons, seen too many treacheries, to instill all of her optimism into the world – perhaps, she’d learned the only things she could trust were the moments, the instances, the junctures, where they took the world for themselves. The whole wide entity of Helovia was fallible; imperfect mortals and flawed celestial beings, and together, they made an errant path. They, like lost, little lambs, always followed its jagged trail.

They went to war. They conspired. They deceived. And still, she fought. She became part of the throng, part of the battle, and part of the acrimony, as hypocritical as the rest.

While the horde clamored by them with roars and shackles, with bestial arts and nefarious intricacies, Lena continued to hum, slowly maneuvering closer, locked in a trance, in a haze, eyes swindling over the length of the visible reptile. Imogen did the same beside her, matching pitch for pitch, croon for croon, building a winding crescendo – at once beautiful, then pierced and sewn together with a brooding, sorrowful note. The bridge, the dirge, the requiem, lifted higher and higher, until it became all the more disastrous, dangerous, and she, the nymph, the Songbird, suddenly altered into a manifested phoenix, harking for entropy, for everything to end, to cease the madness with a bloodshed all her own. The embers coiled amongst the sky, rolling bits of fire and ash, conjured amidst her disappointments, her inner, brewing rage, and the seething, simmering motions of broken promises – because she should’ve stopped believing in covenants long ago, but her heart wouldn’t let her stop.

[TEAM SUN GOD.

No mentions. Attempts to get closer to the crocodile god and sing a rain of fire on him.]

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli

tiamat</style>
we run like a river runs to the sea</style>

Her bones are singing—with every step that the blue mare takes, she feels as though she is gliding, the weight of her muscles little more than feathers as she prances and frolics through the pristine mirage of the Flats. The conversations of the people, now clumped together in their own musings, rises above each cluster in twirling, pulsating streamers of ribbon. She sees their words rather than hears them, understanding coming only in their bright and animated colors—vibrant yellows, pinks, and greens—all happy and blissful in the reflection of the ocean mare’s own joyous rapture.

There shall be no bloodshed on this day.

The words keep echoing through her thoughts, her soul, feeding the euphoria that has lifted her spirits and buoyed her once heavy-laden mind. What wonder and joy such a promise can bring! She laughs and dances with the ribbons as they entwine about her, kissing her legs and giggling against her skin, not imagining that anything could possibly darken the brightness of her elation.

And—then—suddenly—painfully—mournfully—it is over.

“NO.”

The Sun God’s broad voice booms out across the shallow waters, the single word ripping through her dancing symphony like a jagged knife, haphazardly cutting the vibrant streamers and ribbons with a blackening, overwhelming, gash of black. “What—?” The ocean mare gasps in alarm, her white eyes widening as she glances about, her attention falling in the direction where the noble deity stands. Already it has begun…already the light has been smothered, vanished…already the butcher has sharpened his knife, and her heart cries out for those who throw themselves so recklessly into the path of his blade.

Flames are pouring and bodies are thrashing about, focusing on yet another foreign God (bringer of shadows and death). Tiamat nearly crumbles where she stands, slender body swaying and her gaze blotted and blurry from the thick, dark slime that begins to trickle down her cheeks. “Not again,” she cries, a breath, a sob—a plea. Why must this hate and violence be brought upon them again?

The young mare likely would have stood there, frozen in her horror and seized by her distress, surrounded by the sinister thrashing of red, black, and purple—the sounds of war, the cries of pain—but there is something that manages to rouse her attention. A mare stands in the middle of it all, wandering confused and frail and foolish, placing herself into the worst of the fray. “Oh no—! Tiamat exclaims before she wills herself to move, blinking against her infected gaze to see someone trying to help her, leaving her, and suddenly the blue mare can’t reach her fast enough.

She thinks little then of her own wellbeing—throwing herself just as frantically into the mass of struggling bodies and writhing, dark colors. Tiamat’s only, driving thought is get the stranger out, get her to safety and—perhaps—spare one more from this terrible bloodshed. “Please, you must move!” She urges the gray stranger, saving only a passing thought for the peculiarity of her head-wings, too caught now in the bustle and clamor of battle. “Perhaps you can guide her other side,” Tiamat looks to the white tiger, assuming it is someone’s companion and hoping it can understand her, pressing herself then to the mare’s side and encouraging her out of the grisly masses.

notes; TEAM SUN GOD (doesn't officially take sides)
Sees @Evaneska wandering into the middle of the battle and flings herself into the fray, hoping to encourage her out of the worst of the violence. @Ciceron for interaction with Kiara.
Has GLL - sees sounds in ribbons of color.
“Speech.”

credit
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Soren Posts: 47
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 h :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
SOREN
Run away with me, Lost souls and reverie, Running wild and running free, Two kids, you and me

You were wrong impostor sunny.

So why the fuck should I fight for you?

Well probably because A. Your real sunny, not impostor sunny. B. Where the fuck did that idea come from? C. I can float and the makes no sense right now, but it's cool enough to mention.

I forgot where I was going with this.

Right. Sunny was wrong. Anyway. So this how it went down.

After Sunny gave me nasty looks for calling him an impostor (hey, one can't be to careful, especially when your hallucinating. Honestly, sunny needs to calm his shit down. I'm obviously very sick. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.) We all dispersed. And wandered around aimlessly. Well I did. Coughing up black shit and floating around.

However the sounds of battle caught my attention and I am drawn to it. So I float my ass over to where everything is happening. Hum de Dum.

It's a long way. So. There really wasn't much that happened between floating and getting to the battle.

So I finally reach the big ole battle. It's crazy, right. So, There is this... Dinosaur thing. I dunno. It's half invisible, and everyone is trying to rain fire on it. Including Sunny.

I'm currently to batshit to really notice anyone, so I just float down and float about pointlessly. I dunno. I could attack. But with what?

There is a reason for my horn you dumbass. Right.

So I kinda float towards the gator dinosaur head down horn pointed and I try to stab it. hoping I don't get fire rained upon, or hit with some invisible appendage.

And I say, Hey, hey hey hey, Living like we're renegades

TEAM SUNSHINE

Mentions: Sunny.

Summary: Floats around like a dumbass (thinks hes floating but he's actually walking) Then realizing he can use the deadly weapon on his head, he try's to impale the gator, in the side.

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night
She had been cured. The starry warrior had been healed of the horrid disease that plagued her lungs, and could finally breathe. But she was a glutton for punishment. She had ventured into one of the new corners of the earth, unafraid of what may be lurking here. If she could survive the awful black, she could survive whatever waited for her here. And now, here she stood, quite a ways away from the herd, her hooves on a new, unexplored land. She scanned the Flats, watched the other beings of Helovia disperse, working their ways back to where they belonged. She sighed, brooding in her loneliness, before casting steel to scan the horizon.

Something flashed. Well, flashed was a poor way to put it. Her brows furrowed and eyes narrowed as she attempted to stretch her vision, looking for something in a world of nothing. There, there it was again. It was a shimmer of air, like during Tallsun when the world grew too warm and the air quivered in waves above the ground. She tipped her head, and watched the Sun God circle. Perhaps he had seen it too? The blue girl shook her head. No. The god had promised peace. She began to turn, casting one last gaze before she would return on her way. But the God began to rain fire and lightening. Her head snapped up, ears attentive, eyes wide. The dispersion of the meeting had simply been an intermission before the real show began. Unicorns and pegasi and equines alike began to charge the invisible being. Magic seemed to explode, bodies being thrown together in a fervent attempt to battle something.

She bolted. Long legs, two dipped in white, carried her quickly towards the battle. She saw her king, Deimos, and others from the Basin, involved in the fray. Spots of a monstrous scaled beast flashed, scales glittering and shimmering before disappearing yet again. But before she could make it to the rift god, she saw a belligerent pegasus going for a black and red stallion she recognized as one of her own. She diverted, coming towards the pair, trying her best to head off the wretched winged beast before he made it to the emissary. “Enough!”  She snarled, teeth snapping together in a warning bite aimed for the pegasus’ withers. “Calm yourself, you fool, for we have bigger problems than horns and wings. Today is not a day for this.” Work needed to be done. This was not the day for unsettled qualms between the races. Successful or not at her interruption, the corporal turned again to the battle raging on.

The world was churning around her, a flurry of yelling and magic and sweat. The beast must be strong, if the onslaught of magic and attacks he was taking had not yet hindered him. She bared her teeth, ears flat black, thinking. Perhaps the beast was immortal, or was immune to their attacks, or was wearing armor, or- armor. That was it. He must have been wearing armor strong enough to withstand the force of the Helovians’ assaults. But all armors have spots of weakness, places where the soft underbelly was still exposed and vulnerable.

Her mind raced as she circled, silver looking for more flashes of the beast beneath his shield. Nostrils flared as she gulped in fresh air, working to calm herself before engaging. A leathery arm flashed, gone as quick as it had come, but that’s all the warrior needed. She bounded towards the beast, blade pointed to where the joint had been. He was concealed again, but she hoped – prayed, even, - that her aim would be true. She lunged forwards, front pillars bent and held close, driving her horn towards the armpit, and hopefully the soft spot, of the God.

Nothing is forever. It is foolish to think otherwise. Kings will always fall. The immortal can still die.

Gods are not an exception.
OOC// TEAM SUN GOD FOR THE WIN. Ki’irha is off on her own, minding her own business, when the fight starts. She sees everyone fighting and charges into battle, but instead of getting right into it, she tries to intercept @Gull from attacking @Ode and refocus him on the real battle (attempts a light bite to snap him out of it.) She then identifies that the rift god has some sort of armor (scales), and looks for a soft spot. She sees his underarm, and attempts to drive her horn through it, as it should be a soft vulnerable spot for her to sink her horn into, instead of the thick leathery back of the crocodile.
Tagged// Mentioned: Sun God, @Ode , @Gull , @Deimos
Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Save tonight, and fight the break of Dawn. Come tomorrow - tomorrow I'll be gone

Thoughts buzzed like honey bees in his brain. The feet were disconnected, carrying him onwards, to nowhere. Or was it everywhere? A world of its own, encapsulated, trapped within a bubble. It seemed tranquil at first, peaceful and serene.

And then he heard it. The sound of battle, of struggle, of vain glory in a dance of life and death.

He heard it long before he saw them, the fighters. But though he wished nothing more than for his feet to carry him elsewhere, for his ears to block out the sound of explosions, sizzling lightning, of hooves meeting flesh and sand and flesh again, he couldn't control them. Like a puppet he was pushed, stiff-legged and jerking with the lack of will to be there, until he had a perfect view of the struggle that fractured the perfect bubble of stillness and set it exploding into madness.

There was Ampere, flashing back and forth as though she invited death to claim her. Not so very old anger seethed in his gut at the sight of her, paired with reluctant admiration. At least she didn't ask anyone for anything she wasn't prepared to do herself. That, at least, he could respect, if not her apparent eagerness to die.
Gaucho was there too. Always the moving mountain, as impenetrable and indomitable as always, his presence made it seem impossible that the struggling mortals would lose. There was Sacre too, and Cera, Shida, Erebos... The list of faces he knew had grown since last time, but it didn't make him happy at all.

After all, they were just faces. Names and colors flashing by, all paling to nothing compared to the golden lord that soared high above them all, raining fire down upon some unseen enemy.

Cathun couldn't tear his eyes away from the god. Like a newborn colt he shivered, the slate gray coat darkening where cold sweat broke out across the neck, the back, lathering in pure, stinking fear that rooted him to the spot and set his breath forth in shallow, uneven gasps.

It was so ironic, that a creature made of fire would fear flames more than anything. And yet he was. Not so much the raw form, perhaps, but rather the mind behind it. The cruel, devouring greed that swallowed everything in its path and left nothing but ash, death and destruction in its wake.

He was scared, scared of taking even a step closer to that blinding entity that so resembled the one who had taken everything from him, scared of turning his back and hearing the screams of people he should care for ring in his ears because of it, scared to do nothing and carry the guilt for that the rest of his life, scared that even if he got involved he would make no difference.

The last seal hummed and throbbed on his chest, a warning against the consequences if he stepped forward. He might die here. At the very least he would create his own downfall, shorten what little time he had left in the world. There was too much magic in the air, too many forces battering against the fragile, weak thread that tied him to life.

He had no reason to sacrifice himself for them, none at all. Nor did he really care what he looked like in their eyes, what they thought about him. Cathun the Coward had a nice ring to it, a title that left no expectation or hope on him. He would be free...

Cathun sighed, drew a deep, shaking breath, and with a despairing sob he forced himself to take a step forward, and another.

What did it matter if he died now or in a year? He would be dead all the same.

Might as well get it over with.

After that it became easier. Steps eased into walk, that grew into a flowing trot and urged him forward in a long-legged, ground covering gallop. Swift as a young god he ran with bleeding heart towards the fray and threw himself headfirst into the milling throng, deaf and blind and not even knowing what they were fighting. Unthinking he followed the stream of attackers and found himself pushed back and forth, hither and thither until he emerged at the front lines. There, still not quite able to make out just what the enemy was, or where it was, he turned and lashed out in a sharp buck, not really aiming but still hoping that he might hit something.

And all the while he felt the presence of one god like a choking hand around his throat, drying the mouth and blinding him to the fact that he was already fighting another.

How's that for irony.

Image by Yewrezz

TEAM SUN

Cathun arrives late and hesitates for a long time. Then he moves in, thinking he'll die for sure, and follow everyone else towards the crocodile to fight. He tries to kick at the croc but can't see it, so has no idea where he is aiming.

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Her son was nowhere to be found. He must have left Helovia altogether, or else they were simply walking past each other, because she had scoured all the regions of the land and he just wasn't there. Sometimes, in her darkest moments, Shadow got the feeling that she was not supposed to find him. Maybe a god had hid him from her sight, in punishment for leaving his side in the first place.

She had been on her way back from another fruitless search when she saw flashes of light in the distance. Fear clasped tight around her heart; she had left her daughter on that vast, open pane! She had thought it safe, Erthë had told her about the words of the Sun God, how he had declared it pure, untainted, free from battle. Had the child's word been false, or the gods? Regardless (and since she refused to believe that her pure, innocent girl would ever tell a lie) the black mare picked up the pace and beat her wings frantically in the struggle to reach the battle. If the girl was anywhere near it she had a nagging suspicion she'd get dragged in somehow, it was as though she was a magnet for trouble. How else could she get involved in three skirmishes and Lady Wind knew what else despite all their efforts to keep her in sight?

Aching with worry and the pains of disease Shadow angled her wings and dove down towards the milling crowd below. All the sounds had become amplified, likely due to the black mucus that kept oozing from her orifices, and every breath, step, shout or explosion battered her over-sensitive ears until the thin membranes within felt fit to burst.

Finding the white filly in the throng was easy. She was by far the smallest and most out of place among all of the fighters. Biting back a curse as she noticed what her child was doing Shadow swept down and angled her hooves towards the back of the giant, elongated something she just barely could make out thanks to the sand and the flashing lights, and aimed to strike the spine of the monster before it could harm her little girl.

She had done it before with the wolves. She had almost managed to kill a queen using that maneuver. Surely it would aid her again this time, when she fought for something so precious.

shadow

Team Sun (aka protect erthë)

Shadow dives from above, trying to protect Erthë by slamming her hooves into the back of the crocodile.

@Random Event - GLL - amplifies her hearing

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

This time the stream of others does not surprise you, despite the frail hope within your heart. It had happened twice before, twice before the same way as this. At first you do not hear the booming voices of the gods, the ensuing clash of battle, do not see any signs of what waits for you, for those that move ahead of you. It slowly trickles in to your perception, the glimpses of what you believed to be mirages glowing brighter, more frequent. It is only as your hurried steps bring you closer that you can recognize the winged man reigning fire down on what appears to be nothing at first for what he is: another god. Your heart sinks at the realization, as the flats shift into something visible, something that comes alive as the fire touches it, searing the flesh of some beast that had previously been camouflaged. Your eyes dart around his immediate area, to those that charge him blindly, to the ground that is cracked and dry, devoid of life. There are faces that are familiar from the fights before, faces that you know, but his is missing. You do not see your sandstone man (at the thought of him something chilly flows through your heart, something hurt and angry, for you are still hurt from that day that he left you. You should not blame him, and yet…) and you would be relieved was it not for the flash of blue that catches your eye. She charges the beast, something that is still unknown to you, aside from the fact that it is clearly reptilian and clearly large, seeking to thrust her horn in to the places that would likely be weakest. You know that she is a fighter, capable of looking out for herself, but it does not stop your habitual worry, does not stop the squeak (that was meant to be a scream, or at least something more intimidating) from pushing out from you, nor your desperate flail as you fly forwards, seeking the same weakness that she had thought of, coming up to the left of her before thrusting your antlers towards and hopefully in to the great beast.

team sun god
stands like a derp for a moment before seeing ki'irha charge in (wasn't present to see her try to deflect ode's attack) and joins her at ki'irha's left, aiming her antlers towards the armpit of the crocodile as well

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya had not left the Flats after the group had dispersed.  Her vision had not returned to normal, and the flickers of normalcy were few and far between now.  All she saw was the thermal-painted colors and the colors of the sun against the blues and greens of the ocean were just…stunning.  She had little desire to make haste away from such a place, and making her way back with her vision so compromised was easier said than done.  The only way she had to distinguish individuals from each other was their basic shape and the overwhelming scent – another of her compromised senses.  For now it seemed that her taste buds had been amplified and now shared the duties of scent as well.  It was certainly a lot to take in, and the adjustment was not at all pleasant. 

The Sun God was always detectible on the horizon – burning the brightest of any of the other shapes and creatures. Najya felt profound comfort here in the presence of the Sun.  Her people had always been a Sun-worshiping people but, to her knowledge, she was the only one of her herd to have ever seen the Sun god.  She would be sure to pass along stories of her experience for the rest of her life.  But something wasn’t quite right, today.   The Sun had engaged with something and others were quickly coming to his aid – this Najya could see even from afar due to her tainted vision.  She coughed and tried to remove as much of the black tar from her face as possible before retrieving her sword and moving to join the others.  As she grew nearer – the scope of the battle began to unfold.  Equine forms danced around a decidedly unequine shape that, if she could deduct properly, likely came from the rift with the others.  It’s ambient body temperature was cooler by many degrees than the rest, so it was clearly cold-blooded.  This gave Najya pause.  Many reptiles called the desert home, but none so big as this.  And most reptiles had teeth made for consuming flesh.

Grabbing the hilt of the sword between her teeth, somewhat clumsily since she had only begun practicing using it – the Moon Goddess had only just given it to her, Najya ran a wide circle around the massive crocodile.  She used her tainted vision, ironically, as an advantage – it was at least enough to tell her which end was the end she needed to be more wary of.  She knew very well that an attack from the top would be all but useless against his armor, but the belly and sides would be more vulnerable.  She approached the crocodile from behind, hoping to take advantage of it’s natural blind spot, until the last moment when she darted to the left and then lunging to the right and attempted to plunge the poisoned sword into the belly of the beast – somewhere in front of his left hind leg.

She leapt away as quickly as possible – trying to avoid not only the crocodile’s retaliation but also the attacks of others.  Others she couldn’t even hope to identify unless they spoke to her directly.  To Najya the battlefield was nothing more than a rainbow of color and an overwhelming scent that burned on her tongue.  As if battle wasn’t overwhelming enough in the first place. 

NAJYA
image credits || Thank You Sarah! <3

GLL - Pit viper senses - thermal vision, enhanced smell/taste

TEAM SUNNY
Summary:  Arrives, tries to distinguish what is happening, attacks croc from behind trying to stay in its blind spot before lunging into its field of vision to try to stab it in the belly with her poisoned sword. Able to see the croc since she currently has the senses of a pit viper and sees thermal radiation and has enhanced smell/taste.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
At a certain point, Manhattan can no longer take this madness. At a certain point, she breaks.

That's Ophelia! This is son! Shut up Knox! Shut up! You're sick, stop talking!

And Knox is just there enough to turn and face her, to see her as a mix of identities he does not recognize and hear her bonded cries in the depths of his vision. He stares at her, black gumming up his eyelids and forcing his eyes to stay open. He cannot blink, and she is disturbed by the vision of him so unmoving. So haunted, like that, by sickness she cannot control.

Knox...

She doesn't have the time to finish. A flash and the sound of impact, the smell of smoke, awaken her from her intimate moment with her master. Knox cannot move, still he stares on at Manhattan. Who is she? Wasn’t that supposed to be him?

Manhattan wants to save him but she knows he is not the one who needs saving, here. Quickly she grabs hold of Milo by the leg, ignoring him as he struggles, and drags him back and as far from the water as she can manage. She has to keep the colt safe. Just because Knox won't remember to, doesn't mean she'll forget.

The hunter only snaps out of his stare when he realizes its object is no longer in his line of sight. He too turns to the fire, fire with a heat that he sees as sunsets and with an intensity he cannot understand. Still, he thinks he fights for the Goddess of the Moon. Still, he cannot contain his feelings for her, even if she cares little for his twisted devotion. How has he become so weak that he will return to her?

Blinded by the Labyrinth's lung, he charges forth. His long tail is curled and flying behind him, he is too senseless to consider hiding himself in any other form. Today, in this broad daylight, as he charges for the target of the fire and sends silver to its vague shimmering distance, he will fight as himself, knowing nothing, feeling everything in his vision.

TEAM SUN GOD

(but Knox thinks he's the Moon Goddess)
Summary: Runs forward to attack croc, uses his blinding magic on the croc. Manhattan pulls Milo to safety.
Tags: @Random Event (for GLL)
Notes: Sorry for the lack of table, just trying to tag as much as possible at school and lazy

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen
This one watches the bright move, [sun] the bright talk. That bright's something [a god] this one doesn't know. This one knows her [mother] and dog and big one, big [father.] Starts to understand white [Ophelia.] White doesn't [care] about this one? Doesn't see [him? Me? Anyone but the Sun God, more tall and beautiful than anything I've ever seen, my God I think I'm in love, my God I think that could be me someday, my God, my God, I want to live forever in that light.]

Feeling. Not knowing but feeling. Something too big, a [large heart] thump. Something feels [everything. It's my heart. Can you feel it? Reach out, touch. Put your heart against this one, too large for my cage, and tell me if I'm crazy.]

[Crazy for you, maybe.]

Big [father], no just father. Father. This one calls him father. He is sick but this one isn't, no, not after [father] blanketed him in yellow, [cloaked him in light] just on the way to this place, [here]. Here. This one is here, looking.

Dog sits quiet but this one knows she means [smart] things. Dog is [smart] best dog.

That bright [sun] walks, looks, sees what this one can't see. This one just watches the light and the hot light [fire] and feels. [Scared, blessed, amazed at what I witness but can I even understand those things? Is this religion? Is this affection? Is this daddy issues after not even a month on these four hooves? Manny, I would ask you if I could.

Manny, I think you were born for me instead of him. I think somehow the Gods just messed up and birthed you early. I think that you should have been mine.]

Dog watches big bits [scales scatter,] watches [the fire] and knows something this one doesn't. Dog knows about hurting on hurting, about [war.]

Dog puts sharp white on leg and pulls, [drags my body] back, back, away from that light, [that war that's just moments from erupting. Somehow, she drags me to safety and I know: she should have been made for me.]

_________

TEAM BABY CAN'T FIGHT

Summary: Gets dragged to safety by Manhattan
Tags: @Random Event (GLL healing by Knox)

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Foolishly, Ashamin had allowed himself a moment to relax. He had thought there might be peace, let his shoulders fall and the tension ease out from his hooves. He looked to Tiamat, longed again for the company of Lochan rather than fearing this place was too dangerous for him, and lowered his aching head.

Why did it fall so heavy? The weight of the Bear God's mask was no great suffering in the end, a skull was only a skull, but perhaps it was the memory of that death. And the next one. And the next one.

How many would he have to watch die, and how many times would he have to listen to Gods lie to him and forget his presence before peace actually came to this land?

The buck was just opening his mouth and turning to Tiamat to offer her the same warmth when the flash of fire burst over the scene and the dark voice of a god made itself heard. There wasn't going to be peace, now, there was going to be another war.

And before the battle even made itself abundantly clear Ashamin threw his head back in wild concern and reared, let the whites of his black eyes show like slivers of a moon and cried to the blue mare beside him:

"Tiamat, run!"

And though he wanted to stay and see that this happened he could not—he ran instead, finding himself in step with a gray unicorn stallion casting electricity and the danger of his own horn to the crocodile. He heard that heartbeat and so many others, but knew he could do nothing more. What could he do, with no magic that could defend and no sword of his own on his brow?

In the end, he did all he could think of: kept running towards that shimmer of a dragon until he could leap and try and run upon its spine. He kept running until he thought maybe he could kill the thing, kept biting down with his cleft hooves, kept striking, and didn't take a moment to realize it was suicide—didn't take one to realize he didn't even know why he was fighting, anymore.

_________

TEAM SUN GOD

Summary: Tells Tiamat to run. Listens to some heartbeats. Runs forward alongside @Ciceron and then idiotically tries to jump on the Croc's back.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
How did I feel when the fight broke out? I wasn't surprised, child. It is very difficult to be surprised at violence after you have seen so much of it.

No, I wasn't surprised. And I wasn't scared, either. I felt stirred, called to action, in an odd sort of way. Where previously I'd felt as if I were nothing more than a bored intruder, now I could embrace the display on the charge of wanting to return to the peace that had been promise on my own—to turn the lie of a God on its side with my own body and bones, and make someone out there safer than I had ever been.

I think I cannot go without mentioning Rikyn, then. His role in my confidence and care was integral. It meant a lot to see someone I knew standing there before me and having not yet attacked. Was he considering, too?

Slowly I plodded forth, watching before wasting my breath. The failure of anyone to coordinate in these battles (aside from that first God who had detestably ordered children to attack) was embarrassing but not my problem. I would not be the one to stand up and cease all action to plan something better because in the end, none of these fights were really mine. But I walked up to Rikyn then, my exhales low and my eyes glittering with the faint reflection of fire and all manner of mayhem, and I turned to the only truly familiar boy on that field with the faint traces of a confident smile.

"Come," I said to him, "let's do this together."

I wanted to fight but I wanted to do it with my eye on another to protect. I wanted to protect you, too, once, I just couldn't.

What mere filly can stop kicks to her side at a birth?

______

TEAM SUN GOD

(You damn liar)

Summary: Walks up to @Rikyn to ask if he will fight at her side. Does not yet attack.

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
I'M A SAVAGE, IT'S AUTOMATIC
I'VE GOT A WAY OF MAKING NOISE, THE POWER TO DESTROY WITH NO STATIC

Now this is more like it.

The gathered crowd are attacking....well, something. Until his overly-sensitive Labyrinth ears detect the slightest movement of something reptilian, and until his nostrils devour the aroma of Rift-beast, Volterra thinks they have gone mad and are duelling with thin air. Once his diseased senses kick in, however, he realises that there is a foul creature hidden beneath a cloak, an assassin shielded from the masses.

There's already a massive crowd gathered around the invisible creature, and the black behemoth knows that simply charging it will probably harm his allies more than his enemy. Too many cooks spoil the broth, and he can hardly see a square inch of free crocodile to attack. There's little point in throwing his weight into the fray only to damage somebody on his side, so instead he stands his monolithic frame a short distance away and summons his magic. The ground beneath the Rift-creature's throat moulds into a razor-sharp spike and erupts upwards, dangerous, deadly; it aims to penetrate the creature's throat and kill it stone dead. Normally he would have aimed for the underbelly, but a spotted man with an ice spike seems to have that covered.

His red dragon, not to be left out, swoops from the heavens with a savage battlecry. He already has a predator's enhanced senses, so easily detects the crocodile's whereabouts; he folds his wings and flies low over the top of the creature, his jaws opening to spray deadly frost breath across its back, careful to avoid Isopia's earth and other such attacks aimed for the beast. Perhaps his frigid breath will freeze the forcefield clean off, or at least seriously harm the Rift intruder. ""

___

CONTEST WINNER. TEAM SUN GOD. Erupts an earth spike next to Mauja's ice spike beneath the croc's throat. Verzes frost-breaths it, too.

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
“Late.”

The word is muttered through clenched teeth, the muscles in his jaw flexing as they grind together in a huff of hot breath.

“Late again!”

The shallow waters of Halcyon Flats splash up around the stallion’s large hooves, droplets flung in every direction as he powers himself forward. The Warlander had not arrived a few days’ prior as many of the others had. He had been too preoccupied with the company of the pretty little mare, and then a half-assed attempt to acquaint himself with the land and people of World’s Edge (since it does happen to be home, technically), all of which have kept his attention occupied enough to keep him from exploring more new territories. He had thought that he would have missed the battle this time around (assuming there would be one, of course, considering the bloodshed of the others) but his expectations are proved wrong when the clamor and cries of war echo across the waters.

He would be lying if he denied that his heart skipped once in anticipation.

The usual pristine and calm surroundings of the Flats is warped and disturbed by the bustling and thrashing of bodies—fire, earth, and other magics thrown every which way, haphazardly it would seem. Rohan’s ears flatten and disappear into the billowing disarray of his mane, brown lips pulling back to reveal bared teeth. The call of war—the cry of blood—is released and resonates into every fiber of his being, adrenaline pumping through his veins to light them with a fiery drive, the scene that unfurls ushering him faster into the ferocity and violence.

He only manages a glance at what everyone is trying to attack, whatever strange and dreadful God has invaded them this time. He has no magic or foreign sickness to aid him in detecting the reptilian monstrosity, and so he only goes in the direction of nearly everyone else—to the center point, where he assumes their target lies hidden (he ponders little at the moment of how odd it is, considering the vast strangeness of Helovia itself). Only when he nears the heart of the violence does he catch a glimpse of the beast—a scaled, ugly back—and lowering the points of his antlers, Rohan charges forth. He aims for nothing in particular, hoping only to somehow spear and wound their enemy.

notes; TEAM SUN GOD.
Arriving in the thick of the battle, Rohan charges in the direction of everyone else; getting closer, he only sees the exposed back of the Rift God. Lowering his antlers, he aims to impale any part of the beast.
“Speech.”
ROHAN
don’t get too close, it’s dark inside
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

My face feels like a cloth billowed too tight, jostling with each step and causing my temples to stab violently with pins into my brain.

Hacking as I look up into the battle that has begun suddenly about us, I find a familiar scene blooming into life, one of figures leaping forward into mayhem, Erebos, my brother, included, all charging towards the God and the Beast which has arrived despite the haughty promises of the Sun that it would not. The entire scene draws to my lips a smirk, lingering even as I remain in position for a moment, my fluid logged lungs and the strange silver ripple accompanying all the noises blooming to life about me forcing me to be more thoughtful in this battle than I had the last two.

I’m still smirking as I let my eyes sweep across the field, deciding as swiftly as I had in the other battles that I would fight for the God that our people knew, one which had made Helovia and which sought to free others like Ming Yue from the clutches of the cruel Beast Gods, Gods such as this. Fire explodes, from the God of the Sun himself and from others, chunks of stone fly, light flashes and magic crackles – the weak balk, the strong charge, and I drip black filth into the pretty earth as I decide how best to assist the Lord of Light in his plight.

That smirking face turns to meet the kindly face of Ahvelyn, nodding in agreement, glad to have someone alongside me as I move forward, eyes blurrily focusing on the white shape of the revealed opalescent scales.

"The edges of its camouflage," I suggest as we begin to move, the sound of my own voice radiating out from my lips in odd ripples.

At a steady pace, one wary for the magic which flies half-hazard about me and the elder mare alongside me, I attempt to weave into the fray, my chin tucked low and horn angled for battle, cautious as one can be in such close quarters with so many others to not wound those who are on the proper side.

Few move to aid the whatever it is, most moving towards the Beast with violence writ in their eyes. I am among them, golden tipped blade looking to strike at the rear edge of what is visible, though as I enter the fold of bodies I find that sight is difficult between the silver blurs of shouts and hooves.

[ Summary: Moves into the battle with Ahvelyn and tries to attack the hind part of the crocodile which is visible; his movements are slow and his ability to see deteriorates the more involved in the battle he becomes, due to the symptoms of GLL, which are causing him to see sounds as silvery distortions in the air.

Mentions: Erebos, Ahvelyn, Ming Yue (though she’s not here ^^) ]
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

team sun

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

There had been a gap of time, one that she filled with expertly hiding her egg. Only a metal map could lead her back through the endless plains of sky mirrors to where she buried it, protected in a copse of rocks from offending footfalls. This was a gift she would not squander, especially since she knew inside, there would be a life. In this way, she could love as she was not loved. She could be there when it hatched and cradle it in a loving embrace she was not afforded at her own birth. And when it was hungry, she would feed it so that sand would not fill its lungs and the desolation of the world would not weigh on its shoulders. Aithniel would give it everything she never had.

Thus time had passed and that was when she noticed a distorted shimmer and the Sun God's flawless form take notice. She furrowed her brows and watched from a distance, seeing a bolt of light get deflected from a strange forcefield. That wasn't supposed to happen... Carefully, she started to approach, and that was when she saw something whitish, huge and scaly shimmer before turning back into his very own background. The sun god tried again as her pace increased, legs churning through water and sand as she saw a tail strike out of nowhere, hitting her father airborne.

"No!" she howled, flapping her wings out and jumping into the sky. Aithniel soared as quickly as she could, approaching just as her father spoke with this beast - perhaps another god from the way it spoke. The hide, head and neck of this toothy, scaled monster was visible now, unable to take the colors and light from the flats anymore, and she summoned a large fireball as ash rained down from her wings. "He was hiding the whole time!" she yelled angrily, throwing the fireball down at the creature's face.

Briefly, she looked around, seeing Erebos and hoping that he could handle himself, but she couldn't help that she wanted to protect him for how he protected her before. Would he take offense to that? She frowned and spiraled closer to him, chucking fireballs at the offending god from nearby. "Are you okay?" she asked him.

A i t h n i e l

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice.
credits

@Erebos

Team Sun God. OBVS.

@Erebos

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
"NO! A mighty dragon-like roar filled the air as I cried out, watching Evaneska drop to the ground once she realized what was happening around us. Why wouldn't she listen!? I told her to run, I told her to leave before this happened. The Sun God of Helovia may have saved her by bringing her through the Rift, but it's time we believed that maybe, just maybe, the Gods didn't know everything. Without a second thought, I rushed through the crowd to get to her side, not giving a damn about the magic that was flying around. Instead, I spread my massive wings over her protectively to block anything that may have reached her.

Another stallion had joined her side, urging her to move and calling her by name. How did he know her? This dappled brute was not someone that I had ever seen before, had she met him in the Rift along the way? My auds pinned back momentarily, my scales and horns burning with an inner rage so bright that they appeared bright yellow and orange. Once I realized that he and his cat were here to help her, my golden eyes darted back down to Evaneska. "Get up, Evaneska. GET UP! That is an order! Follow the tiger! GO. NOW!" IMy deep voice barked my commands harshly, taking up a tone that I would have used back in Urd as a master demanding his slave to obey him. It was not that I wanted to come off as cruel, I did not want to scare her. I only wished to trigger a memory of our history, trigger an instinct to listen to me. My legs were locked, claws digging into the earth to brace myself for any attacks. I would be sure she would move, she had to move. "I won't fail you again, now move!" Quickly I looked back up towards the unicorn who had tried to help, nodding my head as a sign that I would guard the delicate mare even if she refused to move. He was free to fight, and I was ever grateful for the stranger.

My wings were beginning to ache from the heat of the fires, but still I stood until I was sure that Evaneska moved. I wanted to help those attacking the Great Gator, even though I was unable to even see the beast, but I would not move from my post. My tail lashed out like a violent whip towards any that may have posed a threat, keeping my head tucked low under my wings with Evaneska. My scaled muzzle reached for her, nudging her flank to try and encourage her to move before I lifted my head up to see what was going on around us. When my gaze landed on the Great Gator, a dark hiss slipped through my fangs with a hatred. I wanted to help, I wanted to get in the battle. My hooves and talons begged to seek vengeance and slam into his scales, my wings begged to take to the skies and seek relief from the magic that flew by us. My teeth desired to taste the tainted meat of gator god. But all of these wishes and desires were weak by comparison to my will to protect my once-slave, my friend, my only hope that I had not entirely failed all those of my past.

OOC: Mentions @Evaneska and @Ciceron.

TEAM SUNNY!

He is too worried and protective of Evaneska to directly fight. He rushes to Evaneska's side and tries to get her to stand up and follow Ciceron's tiger. Until she moves, he is standing over her with his wings outstretched like a shield to block any attacks or accidents that may come her way. Is using his tail as a whip to keep anyone that may attack from behind at bay.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'll follow you out of the dark
I tried it my way but I keep fallin' apart

The flats were beautiful, and she had chosen Torleik. Her blood was blessed. Her title was ascended. No longer was she the Forsaken. She was the Amaranthine - a bloodied flower, pristine and crimson. The two halves of her soul were unified, united beneath a banner of her goals and emotions, and this banner flew even in the face of her own death. She had chosen a mortal life. Though immortality was offered, she knew that a permanent future would be torture. Her mind would over flow with memories, and her heart would break hourly as she revisited the deaths of those she loved. Time would pass, days would move, and she would remain the same.

She was terrified of that future. But now, with this power in her blood, she could ensure that her children would be safe, healthy and strong for whatever Helovia could throw their way. This was her world and it would be so for her children. There was no changing the brutality, violence, love and beauty here, but she could make sure that future generations were well equipped to thrive. Ophelia had hoped she made Torleik proud with her words and her choice; she stressed when the very air between them was disjointed and clashing.

The flats were a perfect place to resolve issues and relieve tension. Beautiful waters rippled beneath her cloven hooves, reflecting the beauty of the night and day sky, and there were grasses here and there to chew on as she enjoyed this land. Her coat and skin appreciated the moisture as well, and she was clean - positively glowing by the time the sun rose days later. That was when she noticed some commotion in the distance. Fire was deflected off of an invisible surface, and she furrowed her brows, cocking her head to the site and blinking long eyelashes as she tried to make sense of what happened.

Then, she saw the scales. Ophelia took off and a dead sprint, hair billowing behind her as she skipped over the water's surface. Another fire ball hit a massive, scaled creature - a crocodile, she thought they were called. It spoke to the God of the Sun, and she felt for him that his promises were now voided. Coming immediately to his aid, she followed in suit by Mauja and Volterra, two home she knew, and smiled at her nephew. Tinek took to flight next to he and his red, shooting forward to fly onto the creature's head. With sharp talons, he tried to dig on the creature's head and pry up his scales to create soft spots.

Ophelia, not daring to use her magic again on a god any time soon, arched her neck over and braced for impact, jumping and trying to catch the beast under his breast bone whilst avoiding Mauja's ice spikes.

TEAM SUN GOD + CONTEST WINNER

Mentions: @Volterra @Mauja

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!